Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

:yeshaha:
News:
https://mobile.twitter.com/KarlTowns/status/1478101734228701187
Views:
Condolences to KAT on his impending quad tear

I thought for sure this meant he was gonna play last night and was sad to see he wasn't playing when I checked but turns out we didn't need him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Who on the Kings has enough value to be traded for?

This is a real question I don't follow most of the league very closely. I assume Haliburton is almost fully untouchable but other than him I have no clue what the Kings might want to do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Yeah, Kings could have a few guys teams trying to make a playoff push would be interested in. Harrison Barnes would be ideal on the timberwolves but not sure what kind of deal they'd be and to make.

Also why do you need in person scouts for other NBA teams? That seems less useful than just reviewing the tape with a half dozen angles.

Obviously you need to be close to the action to tell if he has The Look

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

what team even has the matching salary to do that

D'lo, Beasley, and Taurean Prince works :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it was cool to see the wolves win a game they would have blown 10 times out of 10 in previous years last night

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

In particular (and for baffling reasons) the Wolves defense is far better with Dlo in the lineup that not.

I'm like 90% sure this is real and not something I made up in my head but didn't he basically say that Draymond tried to teach him a bunch of stuff in GS and he just sort of ignored it but he decided to try it out this year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If this is true then Morey is never going to actually trade Simmons

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Same thing happened to Ant last night too. Quite a night for ref yelling.

Ant actually just got two technicals at once because the refs are soft.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Oh was it two at once? I was watching but had stuff going on right then and I assumed I just missed when he got his first.

Yeah he got one for complaining and then probably called the ref a soft bitch or something and immediately got another

https://streamable.com/zk3z30

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

You guys are all planning my "you were right party" if Wiggins gets a all-star starting spot right?

my memory isn't good what were you right about

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Many people who Stockton elbowed in the nuts have ended up dead. Why is that? I'm just asking questions.

Zogobot how many players that scored on an assist from Stockton have died and what percentage of his assists is that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

Per Finch, "Ant says he'll be straight" and helpfully clarified to the media that he meant he'll be fine.

honestly considering what I know about the media they probably needed the clarification

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maneck posted:

Morey has accidentally admitted that he doesn't think Emiid is good enough to be a first option on a championship team.

he's right

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogobot which players have had the most career 40 point games before they can legally drink in the US (age 21)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crazy Ted posted:

It would have to be LeBron, wouldn't it?

it's possible I'm asking a leading question because I know the answer and want zogobot to post it

kingcobweb posted:

by a mile https://stathead.com/basketball/pgl...1&season_end=-1

luka and durant each have four, lbj had eight.

edit: john drew had three.

you're missing a player with four ;)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

TIL that this is an exploding head and not someone wearing a small chef hat: 🤯🤯

LeBron Raymone James Sr.

I asked for a list of players not just #1 :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DC Murderverse posted:

I wonder how Ben Simmons would find Salt Lake City

Probably apple or google maps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

Right now Nikola Jokic is the MVP favorite going by past winners at least. 38 voters selected him to be the WS and/or PER leader this season but only three voters selected him to win the MVP again.

:lol:

NBA 40+ points under 21 years old (including playoffs):

Thank you Zogo that's a cool list (also neat to see all the other players on there)

Ant doesn't turn 21 until the offseason so it would be cool to see him take sole possession of second on it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jack's Flow posted:

Wiggins. I did not see that coming when he was acquired. Good stuff.

He always does that against teams that he feels slighted him.

I'm not usually one for moral victories but "only" losing by nine with the three point disparity in that game as high as it was makes me not feel bad about that loss at all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dang I knew KAT (who had a triple double last night) was having a really good season that nobody talks about but I didn't realize it was that good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does this mean he's sitting out until they trade Russ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chairchucker posted:

I must be missing something because this play doesn't seem as impressive to me as these reactions are suggesting

I think you missed them getting blown out by 30 before the Wolves took their foot off the gas.

Easily lost in translation though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Please someone for the love Allah, Buddha, and Jesus get the February thread started so we can ignore Ballsack.
https://twitter.com/BallsackSports/status/1488617952027070484?t=W3to3V78CWSQRbNTE1wyqQ&s=19

Admittedly I phase in and out of reading the thread and oftentimes have to skip a bunch of unread posts so I don't fully understand the ballsack thing, are they just a satire account or something?