Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't think this thread is made yet. If I missed it feel free to fire a fully charged mega buster point blank into my dome.

My Gaming Goals for 2022:
  1. Play Final Fantasy VII for the first time
  2. Finish Xenoblade 2
  3. Finish the Yakuza series
  4. Actually play the games people gifted me this year (Gris, CrossCode, OMORI, Monster Boy)

Let's get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of simply beating a game, this year i am resolved to beat a tedious old crpg (darklands, temple of elemental evil, wizardry 6 or 8 NOT 7, etc).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

finish yakuza series & focus on backlog

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this years gonna be a backlog year apart from a handful of tentpole games. i bought a ton f poo poo over the pandemic and i wanna clear out the stack a bit. this here is my backlog:

super monkey ball: banana mania
final fantasy x
final fantasy x-2
final fantasy xii
wonderful 101
catherine full body
great ace attorney chronicles
daemon x machina
kirby star allies
hyrule warriors age of calamity
metal gear rising
lightning returns
smt5
witcher 3
resident evil 2
resident evil 3
tony hawk remaster
kingdom cum deliverance
fist of the north star lost paradise
nier: replicant
resident evil vii
paper mario
banjo kazooie
oxenfree
medium-naut
monster rancher 1+2
shovel knight pocket dungeon
steamworld dig
deedlit
saga scarlet graces
star ocean remake
divinity os 2
blaster master zero 2
ys 8
patholigic 2
control
hitman 2
hitman 3
odin sphere leifthrasir
trails of cold steel 1
trails of cold steel 2
ys oath in felghana
suikoden
suikoden II
wild arms
breath of fire 3
breath of fire 4

theres 47 games on that list so i'm shootin to beat 24. letsa go

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 19, 2022

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I definitely want to finish more of the new rpgs i own instead of going back to old ones ive already beaten or bloodborne lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My gaming goals for 2022:
1. Finish the Yakuza series and the Judgment duology
2. Finish Final Fantasy VII Remake
3. Play more retro games
4. Try to play at least one RPG a month

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oh yeah I'll add "play FF7 Remake" to my list too. is that still epic store exclusive?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I spent last year pretty much dead and this year I want to set my room up so there's a comfortable place to kick back and lose myself in a game. Right now my laptop can sit on my bed or my table, but it will raise the room temperature even on stuff like Slay the Spire.

I think the only thing I beat last year was the MMBN3 randomizer, reported the endgame was broken, and repeated that twice with new issues each time. The person who makes it doesn't consider anything past Nebula to be important and trying to fix that burnt me out pretty bad.

FF6 T-Edition might be worth trying now that I can run it on my Switch but at the same time I've heard it goes kind of kaizo.

I want to get better at fighting games so I used a gift card someone got me to get a Hori Octa which has a gc style joystick and clicky buttons and it feels super nice to do motions.

Also I want to post more + play online games more.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my goal is to finish all my remaining ps4 games so i can lay it to rest

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oh yeah I'll add "play FF7 Remake" to my list too. is that still epic store exclusive?

yes

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
This year I’m trying to get some classic jrpgs from my teen years finished.

1) Breath of Fire 3-5
2) Final Fantasy 5-10
3) Unlimited SaGa

Probably one or two a month

Everything else I plan on feeling out.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

make another attempt at Bravely Default 2
SMTV
those Pathfinder games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

• Metroid Dread (beat on January 4)
  • Finish the Yakuza series:
  • Yakuza 5 (beat on February 1)
  • Yakuza 6 (beat on March 18th)
  • Judgement
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Lost Judgement
  • Final Fantasy 6 Remaster
  • Kirby: Forgotten Land (added)
  • Live a Live (added)
  • Dragon Quest 11
  • Somehow play Elden Ring slowly enough that I can still achieve all the goals above
    (Probably will have some new games to add here)

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 15, 2022

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

dungeon crawl stone soup
smt5
morrowind co-op with my brother
mother 3
bloodstained
bloodborne
phoenix wright 2/3
the entire persona series
yakuza 0

mbt fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 2, 2022

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gonns make this year a mix of finishing games i started, and striking titles off the backlog. highly doubt i'll get to everything but if i can, bonus.
  • Ace Attorney: Justice For All + Trials and Tribulations
  • Deus Ex
  • Disco Elysium
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Crimson Flower + Silver Snow routes
  • Metroid Dread
  • Mother 3
  • Nier Replicant
  • Pokemon: Shining Pearl
  • Persona 4
  • Silent Hill 2
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Warioware: Get It Together!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yume Nikki

symbolic fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 29, 2022

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) Beat a Dungeoncrawler
2) Hit max level in Tomenet
3) Win a 5+ rune game in DCSS
4) Beat 2+ games for every 1 new game I buy
5) Get my Trophy Completion percentage up to at least 40%
6) Finish the arcade cabinet that's been in my garage for 3 years, that was supposed to be a birthday gift to me.
7) Have less than 25% of my completed games this year be open world games

Vadun fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 15, 2022

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Im going to get into celestial in guilty gear strive and not just once. twice. or mayhaps moar

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

ffxiv - got to the endgame for realm reborn stuff before endwalker dropped, need to finish now that queues aren’t as bad

sekiro

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

-Play more games off my big gaming list.
-Get to the end of the MSQ in FFXIV
-Make something gaming related, like a mod, or a wad or even just like a small game or something.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
1. Actually finish Yakuzas 5, 6, and 7.
2. Ascend every species in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
3. Beat Final Fantasy 6 in the summer.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza 5-7
Final Fantasy 12, 7R
Romancing SaGa 2
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
Atlantis no Nazo

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ah poo poo I bought Sekiro too.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

1. Finally beat Morrowind. I've been playing this game off and on for half my life and have probably put a quadruple-digit number of hours into it and still never actually finished the main story. It's finally time to correct that.

2. Finish the Dragon Quest series. In the last couple years I played 1-5 but about halfway through last year I got distracted by other games partway through 6. Finish 6 through 9 and 11S.

3. The recent replay of Alan Wake has me wanting to do a run through a bunch of Remedy games: Alan Wake's American Nightmare (in progress, will probably finish tonight or tomorrow since it's apparently only a few hours long), Max Payne 1-3, Quantum Break, and Control and it's DLCs

4. Do each Total War campaign since Shogun II: When I say "every campaign" I just mean like doing the main campaign of Rome II as one faction, then the Gallic Wars expansion as one faction, etc., not every faction campaign. I love the Total War games and buy them all and the expansions as they come out but I have a habit of just dabbling a bit in each campaign and restarting instead of actually finishing them.

For a less specific goal, I also want to generally focus on JRPGs again like last year. I'm taking a break from standard turn-based JRPGs for now to avoid burnout after playing 4 mainline SMT games and Persona 5 Royal back-to-back for the whole second half of last year, but I'll get back to them eventually--in addition to Dragon Quest as mentioned above, I also want to do a bunch of the SMT spinoffs on the 3DS, the Final Fantasy series, and Etrian Odyssey, to name a few specific ones. I might do some that aren't traditional turn-based like Ni No Kuni or Tales of Arise or something while I'm taking a break too.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 2, 2022

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
goign to continue playing fun video games

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 109 days!

mycophobia posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mycophobia posted:

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mycophobia posted:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just saw the solitaire daily challenges go back 7 years and almost screamed rainman style. i think i will try to do 3 full months this year

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Hollow Knight - Do a few more of the Godhome bosses on Radiant difficulty. I only have a handful left, but they're tough.

Spelunky 2 - Give this one another chance and at least complete the base game. Really liked the original, but for w/e reason never dug in with this one

Binding of Isaac - Repentenance - 100 % it

Katamari Damacy Reroll - Play it

Two Point Hospital - Play this one, as well.

Vanquish+Bayonette collection: Finish Vanquish & start Bayonetta

Slay the Spire - Just 1 more challenge left for 100 %

Dead Cells - Get the DLC, start over and 100 % it

PóKEMON GO - Try to play the PvP mode without loudly, vulgar swearing in public

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I made a list of 1300 games I want to beat, I'll continue working through that

beat DCSS

continue not buying games and using gamepass

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I have just the biggest backlog and need to clear some of it up. Want to finish Yakuza series but that may be tough. I would like to get caught up with assassins creed. I got a 351p for Xmas and am really enjoying playing some older games, I would like to make my way through the mother and SMT series

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I uninstalled dota....does that count as a gaming goal?

I think this year will be mostly spent running around Elden Ring tbh.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Elden Ring

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

To play and beat Elden Ring. I’m not very good at video games in general and am 0 for 1 when it comes to fromsoft titles (gave up on sekiro after spending hours getting killed by the bull) and it’s high time to change that.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Fortaleza posted:

To play and beat Elden Ring. I’m not very good at video games in general and am 0 for 1 when it comes to fromsoft titles (gave up on sekiro after spending hours getting killed by the bull) and it’s high time to change that.

I'll be rooting for you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is the year I finally buy no new games (Elden Ring and Silksong are the only exceptions having been waiting a long time)

1. Buy no new games this year, I have everything I possibly want and just want to focus on clearing back log
2. Complete more games generally instead of getting into trophy hunting and ending up not finishing it or playing other stuff
3. Work through all the Suda games I have dowloaded and outstanding specifically
4. Complete the Hollow Knight Pantheons and Nightmare King Grimm fight and Platinum as a long term gaming project trying to do at least one new radiant a week
5. Get into at least one FGC and play online regularly. Im thinking Strive

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 2, 2022

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

CyberPingu posted:

I uninstalled dota....does that count as a gaming goal?

I think this year will be mostly spent running around Elden Ring tbh.

you set your own goals here, friend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

my goal is to finish all my remaining ps4 games so i can lay it to rest

Look like you've already accomplished your goal, due to the 0 games on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

1. Finally beat Morrowind. I've been playing this game off and on for half my life and have probably put a quadruple-digit number of hours into it and still never actually finished the main story. It's finally time to correct that.

2. Finish the Dragon Quest series. In the last couple years I played 1-5 but about halfway through last year I got distracted by other games partway through 6. Finish 6 through 9 and 11S.

3. The recent replay of Alan Wake has me wanting to do a run through a bunch of Remedy games: Alan Wake's American Nightmare (in progress, will probably finish tonight or tomorrow since it's apparently only a few hours long), Max Payne 1-3, Quantum Break, and Control and it's DLCs

4. Do each Total War campaign since Shogun II: When I say "every campaign" I just mean like doing the main campaign of Rome II as one faction, then the Gallic Wars expansion as one faction, etc., not every faction campaign. I love the Total War games and buy them all and the expansions as they come out but I have a habit of just dabbling a bit in each campaign and restarting instead of actually finishing them.

For a less specific goal, I also want to generally focus on JRPGs again like last year. I'm taking a break from standard turn-based JRPGs for now to avoid burnout after playing 4 mainline SMT games and Persona 5 Royal back-to-back for the whole second half of last year, but I'll get back to them eventually--in addition to Dragon Quest as mentioned above, I also want to do a bunch of the SMT spinoffs on the 3DS, the Final Fantasy series, and Etrian Odyssey, to name a few specific ones. I might do some that aren't traditional turn-based like Ni No Kuni or Tales of Arise or something while I'm taking a break too.

max paynes are short and enjoyable, going through the remedy backlog will be a good time.