Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

dewey rear end looking mfer

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m gonna try the four job Fiesta for FFV and beat BotW.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

ive done some insane returns to games.
i got to an insanely difficult part in thumper then like 3 years later finally got those final stages.
on killer7 i left in the penultimate chapter then a year later i finished it.

that's hosed up

nthing replaying the first 3 hours of a game like ten times.

Then again I did that with souls and then last two years I played them all to death finally ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

that's hosed up

nthing replaying the first 3 hours of a game like ten times.

Then again I did that with souls and then last two years I played them all to death finally ftw

Now that I’ve finally finished Awakening the souls games are definitely my biggest offender too, I can’t count the number of characters I’ve started and abandoned in DS1 and Bloodborne. Hopefully this will be my year, I almost made beating the soulsborne games one of my goals this year but figured I had enough already without adding a whole series of notoriously challenging games. But I want to knock at least most of them out this year, goal or no goal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Now that I’ve finally finished Awakening the souls games are definitely my biggest offender too, I can’t count the number of characters I’ve started and abandoned in DS1 and Bloodborne. Hopefully this will be my year, I almost made beating the soulsborne games one of my goals this year but figured I had enough already without adding a whole series of notoriously challenging games. But I want to knock at least most of them out this year, goal or no goal.

good luck brother!! Imps are very supportive until you play too many and go hollow

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think it's particularly difficult to come back to souls games after a long break. i've only played bloodborne but so much of it is about learning to hit at just the right time that if you pick it up months later it feels like you're relearning the whole game anyway, so you may as well start over. also people obviously tend to take a break at difficulty walls, and that's the worst thing to come back to when you're rusty.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the whole series is great, I believe in you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bloodborne ftmfw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

assuming you dont have your own family i figure the restarting over and over is from multi-gaming, like i have a friend whos "reading" 4 books at the same time but he never finishes any of them. its why i do 1 single player game at a time and dont move on til i finish it, same with reading and pretty much everything i do.

I basically only play one game at a time. I find it hard to even get into mp games anymore if I’m already playing something which is why I haven’t played any since pubg was hot poo poo.

It took me 3 or so years to finish Yakuza 0. The only other game aside from that and TW3 I’ve left on boil for so long is Bloodborne, which I turned off forever after beating Father Gasgoigne. I remember I bought a ps4 just to play that game after coming to japan in 2015…Jesus Christ.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the whole series is great, I believe in you

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bloodborne ftmfw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

personally i don't think you have the guts or the skill to hold up a shield while circle strafing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

personally i don't think you have the guts or the skill to hold up a shield while circle strafing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

+ epic battleborne heroes!

grab ultimate doom builder and have fun doodling around! here's a tutorial for an older version of the tool, everything should still be applicable

:cheers: im starting my goal tonight. gonna play a bunch of doom first to get in the mindset for map creation then ill try to make a level. ill be streaming the whole process for any doomheads who want to talk trash about my mouselook settings and source port resolutions. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’m hoping to beat Demi Fiend in SMTV, finish Metroid Dread, play through Great Ace Attorney 2, and hopefully check out Yakuza 3 finally.

SMTV made me curious about RPGs so I might try DQXI again or pick up SMT3.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

check out Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the year I will try every game I got last year.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Definitely want to play the three Zelda games I never played, which are the Oracle games and 4 swords (not counting the CDi games). Following that up with another replay of Minish Cap because it‘s so good. Emulated on a Retron though, so that might be a crime…

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

This is the year I will try every game I got last year.

This is the year I win a IK contest and fix your avatar.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tuo posted:

Definitely want to play the three Zelda games I never played, which are the Oracle games and 4 swords (not counting the CDi games). Following that up with another replay of Minish Cap because it‘s so good. Emulated on a Retron though, so that might be a crime…

it's unfortunately very hard to play four swords if you don't have the anniversary edition. otherwise you need three other people to play it and either the gear to make that work or the wherewithal to figure it out on emulation

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bicyclops posted:

it's unfortunately very hard to play four swords if you don't have the anniversary edition. otherwise you need three other people to play it and either the gear to make that work or the wherewithal to figure it out on emulation

Yeah, I‘m already working on the emulation route. Oracle games first. Apart from the CDi games (which I have no real interest in), that‘s the ones I missed over the time. If Four Swords doesn‘t pan out, I assume I‘ll just replay Minish Cap and Link between Worlds, as it‘s been too long already since I played them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tuo posted:

Yeah, I‘m already working on the emulation route. Oracle games first. Apart from the CDi games (which I have no real interest in), that‘s the ones I missed over the time. If Four Swords doesn‘t pan out, I assume I‘ll just replay Minish Cap and Link between Worlds, as it‘s been too long already since I played them.

the Oracle games are fun, it's cool to see capcom's take on zelda. I wish the anniversary edition of four swords wasn't in some kind of Disney vault because it's the best way to play the game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tuo posted:

the cdi games are better than 4 swords especially now that someone remake link faces of evil adn wand of gamelon in game make studio. remappable controls and buttery smooth 60 fps folks :beeers:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

To put a dent into my backlog ... again

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just single player or multiplayer too? I'd like to get 1200+ elo in aoe2de and break 300 apm in brood war in a typical length game.

Might try to get back into fighting games, something I haven't done since #Reload

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'd like to get 1200+ elo in aoe2de and break 300 apm in brood war in a typical length game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGE-w3wjEE

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My first goal of the year is getting platinum on Bloodborne. Beat the defiled Watchdog yesterday and I know it's only supposed to get tougher from here. I never really bothered with chalice dungeons on earlier runs but I really like them

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

i keep my goals realistic because ill never actually be good at it. ive been playing off and on for 2 decades now and its about the only thing ive improved in.

id also like to one life some metal slug games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

SMTV made me curious about RPGs so I might try DQXI again or pick up SMT3.

do both

2021 was a great gaming year for me, I discovered DQ11, Persona 3 and 4 and SMT 3 and 5 so my goal this year is to find at least one game I enjoyed as much as I enjoyed all of them

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

do both

2021 was a great gaming year for me, I discovered DQ11, Persona 3 and 4 and SMT 3 and 5 so my goal this year is to find at least one game I enjoyed as much as I enjoyed all of them

SMT 4

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

do both

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I'd like to beat Chrono Trigger in 2022. If I don't post about it, please remind me