Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

are you just gonna mail it to some random kid in the district

Organizing hundreds of people to send copies to that school would be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Organizing hundreds of people to send copies to that school would be fun.

It is a waste. Oh look we mailed hundreds of books that are immediately thrown away.

Consuming isn't activism.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Am glad people are at least picking up Maus and reading it, if anything else. If people are buying it to read for the first time to see what the fuss is about that is fine with me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TampaTango posted:

Amazon sold out.

When it comes back I am getting at least a copy to donate.

There's places other than Amazon to order books from.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a waste. Oh look we mailed hundreds of books that are immediately thrown away.

Consuming isn't activism.

Aren’t you the COVID denialist/“the vaccine kills people” brokebrain guy? Maybe shut the gently caress up.

Edit: but also don’t order Maus from Amazon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Aren’t you the COVID denialist/“the vaccine kills people” brokebrain guy? Maybe shut the gently caress up.

Edit: but also don’t order Maus from Amazon

https://youtu.be/-0dnXh3umnE

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
What a dumb piece of poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

There's places other than Amazon to order books from.

I think the point is that it's selling really well

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Conrad_Birdie posted:

What a dumb piece of poo poo

You should chill out. I don't know where you got the idea I think covid isn't real or you shouldn't vaccinate.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Hootington posted:

You should chill out. I don't know where you got the idea I think covid isn't real or you shouldn't vaccinate.

Your rap sheet, red text, and posting?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Your rap sheet, red text, and posting?

Sure.

Well anyway maus has just turned into more culture war BS that doesn't loving matter, but thank God people bought out Amazon to stick it to the chuds. Luckily the chuds will fire back by banning it in more states.

Once again dumping money into the pockets of those who are causing these problems.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 29, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How do you feel about people actually reading Maus?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

How do you feel about people actually reading Maus?

They should. It is a great graphic novel and shouldn't be banned. Books shouldn't be banned.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
If you want to talk about Maus talk about Maus but people on this page need to be a little less knives out at each other, tone it down or take it somewhere else.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don’t these sort of campaigns send the copies to a local library, and encourage kids to go there to get the book? Who’d think they’d just send it to the school that banned it with a note “Please burn these.”?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jokes aside it usually helps to contact that local library first to see if they already are full up on the book so they don't end up with a 1000 copies they can't do anything with

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
been checking out the current humble bundles, is this comics bundle worth picking up? I'm unfamiliar with pretty much anything in it, but there sure is a drat lot of it in there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Depends on how you feel about European comics. Jordowsky's stuff is pretty niche, it's some good stuff but he's a weird dude. Moebius' art is always gorgeous, though

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
drat that’s an incredible deal, wish I didn’t have such a tight budget this month

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

site posted:

jokes aside it usually helps to contact that local library first to see if they already are full up on the book so they don't end up with a 1000 copies they can't do anything with

After my post, and the “charitable response” I asked my library. They prefer money over books, because what happens is they get 20 copies of Catcher in the Rye that they can’t use. I am already a member of the local friends of the Library, so it is a cash donation to the American Library Association.

I’d suggest a donation if you want to fight the people who want to suppress ideas.

If you think “virtue signaling” is useless, I would beg to differ. People who have been oppressed by society like to be seen and know there are others that value them. Even in the USA where some people wave around copies of the Constitution like they are holy writ, forget that the authors of those documents funded them by selling goods made by slave labor, and shortly after writing. “All men are created equal” had a slave bring them a glass of Madeira.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

been checking out the current humble bundles, is this comics bundle worth picking up? I'm unfamiliar with pretty much anything in it, but there sure is a drat lot of it in there

There's a fair amount of absolute classics in that bundle. Also a fair amount of people going back to absolute classics in order to cash in while making something not nearly as good as the original. I walked up the tiers and it looks like to get the best stuff (the original Incal and The Metabarons) you have to pay for the $45 level. I'm also pretty unhappy that Humble doesn't let you earmark everything you pay to go to charity anymore and they always give themselves at least a 20% cut, but that's its own separate thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
That's always been my big problem with Humble Bundle(and similar sites like Bundle of Holding), sure the lowest tier is pretty much always an excellent deal, but to get the full package it always raises the price to one that while still technically a good deal will be one that leaves you nonetheless feeling a tad ripped off, especially if you're like me and feel digital only products are almost universally overpriced as is

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't checked out Humble Bundle for a while and I was kind of surprised to see how it cost $45 for everything. Sure that's a deal but a couple of years ago the top tier would be like $20.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The bundles been going down hill since IGN bought them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only just learned that Christopher Cantwell, co-creator of the excellent show Halt and Catch Fire, has started writing for Marvel. Is any of his stuff worth checking out? I see he did a Doctor Doom series and is currently working on Iron Man, are either any good?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Both are good imo, although his Doom book had a very divisive ending (I thought it worked) and his Iron Man has some bits that drag. The United States of Captain America was fun and I think overall his strongest Marvel book just because it dealt with lower stakes-- I feel like with the huge sci-fi stuff sometimes the scale runs him over a little.

Long story short, I think he's fairly new to writing comics and I feel there's almost always an adjustment period working out the kinks in a new medium, but I've liked all of his books and I'm extremely excited to see future projects from him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got married yesterday :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Congrats!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

Congrats!!!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hey congrats 🎉

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like Ended Mike /boomer

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Mazel tov. Was it a nerd like event?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Endless Mike posted:

congratulations

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

Mazel tov. Was it a nerd like event?
Not exactly. We got married by Elvis in Las Vegas with a handful of friends present.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Endless Mike posted:

Not exactly. We got married by Elvis in Las Vegas with a handful of friends present.

Nerd!

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!
Wicked. Congratulations!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Technically Elvis copied his look from Captain Marvel so it counts!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Endless Mike posted:

Congrats! :toot:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I read Chainsaw Man 9 today. I know there's two volumes left and you can't judge a series until you get to the end but I'm willing to plant a flag here and say Chainsaw Man is the greatest comic book ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Chainsawman is extremely good.

And congrats to Endless Mike for becoming a chainsawhusband! :toot: