Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

Godholio posted:

Those names don't ring a bell. I bought a growler, but I'm a couple time zones away from being able to look.

It's neither of those place then. If you get back to Omaha check out HST. Especially on a live music night. Or not if you're an introvert. You do you.

Also HoH SkillBridge program wants a resume I didn't want to write. I have lots of EPRs and no resume. Any good and quick suggestions?

antimatt fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Wasn't there a resume writing service advertised on this site for like 5 years?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Reumetointerviews is what it was, but I think the goon who ran it sold and now it's run by someone else. I've used it but it wasn't a super quick process

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
A lovely lady from the Texas workforce commission rewrote my resume and I got hired to a GS6 position.

I can try to find her info if you like :)

Or I can dig mine out and try to scrub it from DOXX material.

Lemme know!

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 21, 2022

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Did anyone else's civilian jobs just get gutted? They fired most of them community-wise for us with 30-days notice.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Considering the amount lost on our budget I’m not gonna be surprised if we lose contractors sometime. Really sad because we are drowning even with them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dominoes posted:

Did anyone else's civilian jobs just get gutted? They fired most of them community-wise for us with 30-days notice.

:stare:

What community are we talking about here? I haven't heard anything like this until now, but I think my org is mostly contractor.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Strike eagle

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Went to Beale on an interpretation exercise the other day. It was pretty cool to watch an airplane look like it broke the laws of physics when it took off, even if it was a trainer.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm TDY on Kunsan right now, 10~ years since last time I was here. Everyone has little electric scooters and mopeds and its kinda fun watching all the airmen scoot around

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it
Guess the Osan scooter gangs finally expanded.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Student pilots at Columbus and Laughlin use onewheels, a modern palanquin befitting their higher station.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

They outlawed the one wheels on Osan due to too many idiots falling over or not stopping in time and hitting cars. The electric scooters are eeeeeverywhere though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Has anyone had any luck with myeval and completing an evaluation?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
I did the system generated initial feedback for my troop but the system never let him put in his answers so...sort of?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
lol it's gonna be a shitshow come tsgt EPR time lmao

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mark my words, if/when the USAF switches to narrative EPRs, it will be 3 weeks before a closeout date, meaning the EPRs will have already been routed to the Flight Chief in bullet format.

...I say, as I put the finishing touches on my own bullet format EPR...

:negative:

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I'm halfassing my own epr because of the massive change in format that's coming. And just lol at how the USAF will handle these new EPRs

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

High retention across the force, coupled with glut of GWOT SNCOs holding on until they hit 20, makes the AF decide to keep more airmen at their current ranks. The argument for this is to rebalance the force.

The failure to recruit to the authorized numbers, slow/no promotions at the middle grade, and the aforementioned glut of GWOT SNCOs retiring makes me think there will be 2013 manning issues again next year.

Buy stock in Lockmart I guess?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Hope my buddy made it, he got hosed out of a special assignment to Colorado not too long ago so we'll see if the air force screws him again

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Let the games begin.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I remember December 2013, that was fun. What was it, a day or two before Christmas the USAF announced they were giving 25,000 of us the boot. Merry Christmas

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The 2011 version was about 3 weeks before Christmas.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Not a pound for air to ground.

Not a dollar for an E-6 father.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I remember December 2013, that was fun. What was it, a day or two before Christmas the USAF announced they were giving 25,000 of us the boot. Merry Christmas

I lived through that. Felt like Paulie Walnuts (RIP) in the '70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7A67OdvhY&t=30s

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Godholio posted:

poo poo, I totally wasn't tracking that one as I was deployed at the time; just lol, I'm guessing Christmas is going to be ruined this year again with the personnel & promotion changes recently announced

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 14, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

"Are there no prisons, no poor houses?" - US Air Force Chief of Staff.

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
All this makes me so grateful I've got a rapidly approaching confirmed retirement date.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/mikewizowski09/status/1552073537250217984

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
That’s so loving cool.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
:nws: :nws:

Can this go in the coffee table book reprint?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sacrist65 posted:

:stare: This should be on a deployed Chapel ceiling somewhere.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded
https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/sky-warden-longsword-for-usaf

So yeah...which one of you brave boys wants to be the air force's first Air Tractor pilot?

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/sky-warden-longsword-for-usaf

So yeah...which one of you brave boys wants to be the air force's first Air Tractor pilot?

Well this seems like 15 years too late

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Sacrist65 posted:

It could I guess. There was some content posted in the forums a while back from some alternate account of someone who got banned, but I grabbed a lot of it and slapped together a third edition. I'm in no position to get another print going right now since I'm in the middle of moving. A few months down the road I could probably get one going

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Hotel Kpro posted:

It could I guess. There was some content posted in the forums a while back from some alternate account of someone who got banned, but I grabbed a lot of it and slapped together a third edition. I'm in no position to get another print going right now since I'm in the middle of moving. A few months down the road I could probably get one going

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Sacrist65 posted:

Beautiful. I wonder how old this is, as those look kinda like '80s-era fatigues

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AFStealth posted:

Well this seems like 15 years too late

There's still Syria, Yemen, potentially others like Iraq or places in Africa...Ukraine...

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Real

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/1583516615173320705?s=20&t=4D_SC6n1lkQdPjl-3nYB7w

Finally getting those new engines I guess.