Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I would be retiring in May, but I did a KAIP W/DEP here for 3 years so June '24 is my retirement window. At least I won't get deployed to Ukraine from Korea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

This June is my 20, but I have another year until I can retire since I KAIPed for 3 years. Starting TAP and poo poo as soon as possible, and making sure all my creaks and groans are documented with medical.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

They outlawed the one wheels on Osan due to too many idiots falling over or not stopping in time and hitting cars. The electric scooters are eeeeeverywhere though.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I will be retiring next year, and had a few friends who got the early out back in 2015(ish?). Didn't even fully retire, just 40k taxed and early release. They mostly fell into decent jobs, but one got some pretty gnarly health issues afterwards.

I don't have anything to complain about, got to stay in PACAF 15 years and Korea 12 of that, and I have enough contacts that I'll retire and just show up to a job across the street in civvies the next day. So sticking it out to 20+ wasn't really a sacrifice.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Yeah, I keep referring to it as getting my real boy job. Though judging from the guys who've retired and gone into jobs here all that really changes is the pay and having to chose your clothes.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I identify as a 42 year old with a destroyed shoulder and multiple hernia surgeries. I'm AirPowexual.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Haha, what did you do in Bellows? Redesign the putt putt course?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I was always envious of the like 3 comm guys assigned there for Exec comm. Such a cake assignment. The dang SPs even patrolled the beach on Segways!

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I know that being Filipino isn't a barrier to success at least. My current Chief is native fillipino and naturalized in the service. He came in as Ground radio and made his way up to Chief in less time than it took me and I'm just a terminal Tech.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Arc Light posted:

That was my initial thought, too, but it's the MSG and LRS commanders, so who even knows.

The only MSG CC firing I was personally familiar with involved generally toxic leadership and specifically misusing resources (including using base funds to have a dog park installed next to the CC's house for their near-exclusive use) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just leaders failing to hide their selfishness beyond what the Air Force normally tolerates. Or some kind of swinger thing.

And the dog park was just like a 20ft by 5ft dog run really. Such a dumbass thing to get fired over.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I tried.

I tried pushing the button on February 1st. But due to my DEROS/ADSC/DOS all falling on January 21, and me of course being in Korea, I can't push the button until I get a friggin 10 day DOS extension that has been processing for a month and a half. I guess when overseas you can only retie on the first of the month.

I'm broken, will probably pull 100% disability, and just want to start making plans for after retirement. Why do you gotta Air Force me again, Air Force?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I actually bought this last winter for 180 bux: https://dakotaouterwear.com/products/mc4308-parka

It is insanely comfy but with me pushing the button I'll be passing it along. I will not wear anything coyote brown or OCP patterned after I get out. And I'll burn all my 500 pairs of brown/green socks at my retirement ceremony.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Almost retired. I can definitely recommend getting a job at numbered air force staff level. Last 3 years have been a breeze.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

nullscan posted:

Almost retired. I can definitely recommend getting a job at numbered air force staff level. Last 3 years have been a breeze.

Goddamnit. On the leaked list. Seriously going to have to do some soul searching.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Msgt, Senior was last month I think?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The loving E-7 pay difference, and the three years you’d owe them to make it even apply just don’t math up in my mind.

Yeah, I was pretty well set up for retirement. But with the wife getting cancer treatment and me with my hernia poo poo, we figured they had us at Tricare.

Working the paperwork for another 3 years at Osan when I get back to work. That'll take me to 16 years total. Kinda wonder if that's a high score.

Edit : with my luck Korean War 2 Electric Boogaloo will kick off in 2 years.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Just don't get a 30% APR Mitsubishi Lancer outside of Keesler and youre doing better than 50% of your classmates

nullscan
May 28, 2004

My first unit was with an ACS and for comm guys it definitely had a more maintenance feel. Plenty of pranks and what would be considered hazing now. But that was nearly 22 years ago, from what I see of the new generation coming in most of that poo poo wouldn't fly.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Meanwhile I'm F5ing vmpf waiting on AFPC to approve my DEROS extension. Im saving you assholes money! Push the button before I get sent to Scott or some poo poo.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

2022: 21.1%
2021: 35.06%
2020: 41.58%
2019: 48.79%
2018: 51.12%
2017: 44.31%
2016: 42.25%
2015: 33.8%
2014: 25.59%
2013: 32.9%
2012: 40.68%
2011: 42.7%
2010: 47.41%
2009: 49.79%
2008: 43.45%
2007: 41.33%
2006: 35.86%
2005: 40.14%
2004: 40.91%
2003: 49.75%
2002: 62.98%
2001: 64.63%
2000: 50.72%
1999: 36.39%
1998: 22.65%
1997: 18.66%

Jaysus christ

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Well reddit didn't have it this time.

When Master results came out I didn't even have to load the list since my name was in the drat preview image.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Science fucktion am I right?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Just searched Luke AFB Spouse in FB, four results came up.

No, no idea how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

I've stuck around mostly for the free Healthcare (mostly offbase in Korea). I'm starting to think I have Fibro at this point. Soooo many pills and referrals.