Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dude they probably could have traded to take Tarasenko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eric the Mauve posted:

I just canceled my sub the moment I read this.

I went to unsubscribe from the annual plan but they offered me an annual sub for 20$ on my next renewal so eh, I’ll stick around and see what happens. I mostly subscribe for Corey and Dom.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The reason you had the pure fighting goons is because bare knuckle boxing is exciting and fans liked it until they didn’t.

Pre ufc it was boxing matches or hockey for some good old televised fighting. Now you can go on YouTube and watch randos hit each other for fun if that’s your kink. Don’t need it in hockey anymore.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

camoseven posted:

I've just been skimming this discussion, but is this really a common fan sentiment outside of the forums? Fans go fuckin NUTS when players fight!

Some still do for sure, but I know lots of people who used to be very pro fighting who no longer feel that way. We’ve all learned a lot about head trauma in the last decade+.

e: and like, I’m against fighting being a core part of hockey but I still pop for fights when they happen. They’re not mutually exclusive.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
From Ottawa…

They have a bunch of UFAs, but most of them are trash. For assets, I guess they have Connor Brown, who isn’t likely a long term keeper for this team. Tyler Ennis, but he wouldn’t actually be worth that much. He’s gonna bring decent secondary scoring on the cheap though. The kind of depth add I would expect the teams up against the cap to make.

I could see Artem Zub being traded given his salary next year is higher than his cap hit. It would be a bad move but you know… Ottawa.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

eXXon posted:

Man this is a big year for Russian stars, with Ovechkin, Kaprizov and Mikheyev. Too bad about the Olympics.

Who else had Connor McDavid struggling to outscore Nazem Kadri this season?

Nazem Kadri is going to get paid so much this off-season and I love it (for him).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The goalies I liked weren’t particularly great people (Emery, Roy).

But Lehner is, so maybe him.

And Emery had a redemption arc at the end, far as I understand it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Demand outstripping supply for coyotes games seems dubious, even in a 5k arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

xzzy posted:

Sorry if this makes me sound like an ignorant boomer.. but is there a reason the lunar new year is becoming more of an event? I've seen a number of businesses make a deal about it this year and I don't remember it ever being a thing until the past couple years.

Growing Chinese population / broader recognition that this is a demographic worth going after.