Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1479074671811248128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Why did the EFL postpone Arsenal - Liverpool but not City - Swindon?

Is it because City just don't care about a 3rd rounder?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Why did the EFL postpone Arsenal - Liverpool but not City - Swindon?

Is it because City just don't care about a 3rd rounder?

It's because the EFL says that for the FA Cup 3rd round as long as you have 14 players, not senior players, 14 registered bodies capable of playing, you must fulfill the fixture.

https://twitter.com/samimokbel81_dm/status/1479069693436735488?t=5uy3n4owlvzffkquylzana&s=19

pik_d fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 6, 2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

It's because the EFL says that for the FA Cup 3rd round as long as you have 14 players, not senior players, 14 registered bodies capable of playing, you must fulfill the fixture.

While that *is* their policy, the Football League don't administrate the FA Cup. I'm assuming the FA are using similar rules because of all the smaller squads in the lower league teams in the third round, though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

goddamnedtwisto posted:

While that *is* their policy, the Football League don't administrate the FA Cup. I'm assuming the FA are using similar rules because of all the smaller squads in the lower league teams in the third round, though.

Yeah I meant the FA, my bad

https://twitter.com/SamiMokbel81_DM/status/1479069693436735488?t=5uY3N4OWlvZFFKquYLZaNA&s=19

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it would be hilarious but also actually cool if every team ended up having to field a bunch of youth players for some games

postponement is lame, bring on the kids

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm hoping this leads to some good upsets

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

vyelkin posted:

I'm hoping this leads to some good upsets

I've realized I have no clue how many players (if any) Swindon are missing.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
*keegan voice* i would love it if some team of poo poo cloggers with weirdly strong immune systems managed to stomp their way to the final over a bunch of crying brazilian 15 year olds

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Like that time Vinnie Jones wiped out a mascot, but it's during the actual match.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Most of those pl teams would be playing the kids anyway

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
I think it's going to be interesting how some PL clubs will react to EFL clubs turning up who haven't even done a LFT test on the day. I think they might just say well you're not coming in then

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rafa's melting down again

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1479476948996968457?s=20

the fat clown posted:

"It was very clear. I want to ask a question to every fan or former player. What would Peter Reid say to a player who doesn’t want to be there? It is simple. I had a couple of conversations with him, he told me what he thought. So what do you expect a manager to do when a player is thinking about leaving?”

“We are professionals,” Benítez said. “We are paid big money to do our job and if someone is happy or not happy it is up to you to perform in your job. They pay you big money to perform. You have to perform, you have to be available, you have to put your interests behind the interests of the club. Maybe the stats and priorities have changed and people think themselves ahead of other things."

Time to sign some more players imo

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
their summer business was all free/minimal fees iirc. If they're skint it's going to be a rough time.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tetsuo posted:

their summer business was all free/minimal fees iirc. If they're skint it's going to be a rough time.

At this point, I have to believe that Benitez knows he can make a decent paycheck being the fall guy for any owner who needs to cut back after previously raising expectations with unsuccessful and unsustainable spending. Everything I have read about Everton indicates that the sugar daddy financial well has been run dry and they are strictly working on a sell-to-buy basis now.

I don't know if I could live with the kind of hate Everton fans seem to be pouring on him (at least online), but I figure a decent paycheck helps.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Manchester United have finally won a trophy

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1479517654520061955?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh that's because I tweeted "pooshited" at them 2.5 billion times

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

:toot:

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

vyelkin posted:

Well we are top of the league so it looks like you played yourself.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/status/1480637810398875652

lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The chances of those all being genuine false positives are basically zero. Liverpool cheated.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The chances of those all being genuine false positives are basically zero. Liverpool cheated.

Yeah. As are the chances of the EFL doing anything about it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I accept that it's wierd, I just don't understand why Klopp and Liverpool would cheat to postpone a game in a competition they manifestly don't care about.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Adding Liverpool FC to the fraud list as we speak

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What do you mean 'adding'

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good :twisted:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
These test results were analysed at a top lab in Serbia. This is nothing but disgusting persecution and Liverpool are being treated like a trapped animal (and possibly tortured).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Better ban all the super league clubs just to be safe

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Judging by how Arsenal got dumped out by Forest Liverpool should have just sent out fans to play the EFL game tbh

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

TheRat posted:

What do you mean 'adding'
They had been fraudulently removed from the list earlier.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yes we ran him into the ground but actually it was feeding kids that was wrong

https://twitter.com/brentmaximin/status/1481035643639656450?t=1xIkrdKn9OOUAQ36vBwPXw&s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/brentmaximin/status/1481035643639656450?t=1xIkrdKn9OOUAQ36vBwPXw&s=19

Souness: "Been saying this"

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Souness: "Been saying this"

I thought Souness only craps on Pogba and not good ol' Marcus.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Vardy is out till March? 😳

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

I wish there were some way it were possible for me to combine doing two hours of medium-intensity professional football training per day with having any kind of hobby or outside interest

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I wish there were some way it were possible for me to combine doing two hours of medium-intensity professional football training per day with having any kind of hobby or outside interest

Marcus sows the seeds, grows the plants and cooks all the food.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is the West Ham game not on telly?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Bape Culture posted:

Is the West Ham game not on telly?

It starts in 45 minutes still

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aye I know. Just looking on TV guide tho and not seeing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
No UK broadcast. Gotta stream it.