Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah I'll totally go for that

WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs. Omos, WWE Raw, 03/01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

Someone helpfully linked to this match in the WWE thread, so can add another match to the WMOTYC pile and save New Japan's blushes:

WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs. Omos - WWE Raw, 01/03

~4 minutes of dogshit

https://streamlala.com/jGOfr/

I'll add an nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Kevino07 posted:

Someone helpfully linked to this match in the WWE thread, so can add another match to the WMOTYC pile and save New Japan's blushes:

~4 minutes of dogshit

Aww, AJ is working his rear end off to try to make this useless giant look like a threat. Can I give an HM not to the match itself but just AJ Styles :shobon:

Anyway I’ll WMOTYC it

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Korakuen January 4th
MOTYC
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Mizuki - Princess of Princess Championship
- Kill the Rabbit. Rabbit won't die? Kick her again. Oh poo poo, Rabbit's fighting back

HM
DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kamiyu and Kakuta Nao
- Outside of Nao's head slamming into the corner post in a scary fashion this was a bunch of fun. Miu remains real cool and real strong

Yuka Sakazaki vs Yuki Arai
- Yuka gonna haze the rookie. Too bad she didn't know that Arai loves that poo poo

Hikari Noa (c) vs Maki Itoh - International Princess Championship
- First 10 minutes were pretty bland, but it really picked up in the second half and had a cool finishing sequence

abraham linksys posted:

MOTYC - Chris Brookes vs Suzu Suzuki - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

HM - Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Senosister Mao Inoue, MAO, & Shunma Katsumata vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki) & Sanshiro Takagi - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

HM - Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Sera - 1/4/22 - Gake no Fuchi

Nth to all of that, additionally:

Pro-Wrestling NOAH: New Sunrise 2022, 01/04/22
HM: Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke & Aleja) vs Naomichi Marufuji, Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura, Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya vs Go Shiozaki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
2nd January
All Japan New Year Wars Night 1
Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Suwama) & Shotaro Ashino vs NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi, Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)

I had a post justifying this and managed to lose it like a dipshit. So I'll just say this is short, snappy & builds well to the following night's Tag Title Match. Satisfying.

HM
2nd January
All Japan New Year Wars Night 1
All Asia Tag Team Titles
Stronghearts (El Lindaman & T-Hawk) vs Total Eclipse (Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama)

Stronghearts have been one of the best tag teams of 2021 (hint hint if you're voting in end of year awards), honestly ever since they formed. It's good to see that quality run continue into 2022, and helping to build it up some of the excellent young talent in All Japan.

I know there's a lot of good wrestling this week but do think the All Asia Tag match is worth catching.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Kevino07 posted:

~4 minutes of dogshit

As someone who had never seen an Omos match before clicking that link, I'll Nth this.

I realize a 7-footer, especially a green one, doesn't have to be able to do much, but surely you've gotta be able to do more than that, especially when you're working with AJ Styles. At this stage, I wonder if the tag breakup is because they want to push him so bad that they don't care if he's ready or not, or if they just want to cut bait and unshackle AJ as quickly as possible after the last however-long-it's-been. (Don't answer, I know it's the first one).

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gake no Fuchi Joshi Pro Clockwork January 4th
MOTYC
Suzu Suzuki vs Chris Brookes
- :lol: what the gently caress. Suzu continues to rule and Chris continues to be an absolute bastard. I burst out laughing when Drew came in and started stomping the poo poo out of Suzu and yelled at Kiso that it was a hardcore match so it was fine. While I enjoy seeing Chris doing these types of matches, hopefully this is as extreme as it gets. He's got such a pretty little face that it'd be a drat shame if he ends up with a "Devon forehead"

HM
Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Sera
- I don't know what the crap what happening here, but I do know I was entertained. Kiso took a hell of a beating

Gake no Fuchi (Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Mao Inoue and Shunma Katsumata) vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki) and Sanshiro Takagi
- Some fuckin madness to close off a show full of fuckin madness

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Imperium vs. Riddle & MSK - NXT New Year's Evil, 01/04

Well worth checking out for obvious reasons

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Carmelo Hayes vs Roderick Strong Title Unification Match - NXT New Years EVil 01/04

Real close to an MOTYC for me, excellent stuff

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Bron Breakker vs Tommaso Ciampa (c) for the NXT Championship, NXT New Year's Evil, 01/04

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Korakuen January 4th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
- Save the tiger, save the world

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Mizuki - Princess of Princess Championship
- Kill the Rabbit. Rabbit won't die? Kick her again. Oh poo poo, Rabbit's fighting back

HM
AriSuzu (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Moka Miyamoto and Mahiro Kiryu
- Much love for the rookies, they both had new gear and a fresh attitude. Want more Endo vs Moka

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kamiyu and Kakuta Nao
- Outside of Nao's head slamming into the corner post in a scary fashion this was a bunch of fun. Miu remains real cool and real strong

NekoRetsu (Yuki Aino, Nodoka Onesan and Haruna Neko) vs Raku, Pom Harajuku and Marika Kobashi
- Onesan's final performance was great. Going to let out a single manly tear when she retires in March

Yuka Sakazaki vs Yuki Arai
- Yuka gonna haze the rookie. Too bad she didn't know that Arai loves that poo poo

Hikari Noa (c) vs Maki Itoh - International Princess Championship
- First 10 minutes were pretty bland, but it really picked up in the second half and had a cool finishing sequence

I know it's not for everyone, but TJPW continues to be just.so.fun

Nth

Also gonna throw an HM to

Chris Brookes v Pokotan 1/3 DDT

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Punch McLightning posted:

Wrestling Kingdom Night 1

HM: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Ren Narita
HM: Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Dangerous Tekkers
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi

Nthing all of these.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taxman posted:

Chris Brookes v Pokotan 1/3 DDT

MOTYC from me, top tier comedy match, hell of a finish
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ea411z7cb

exciting post-match developments as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Desperado vs Hiromu, Dangerous Tekkers vs Goto/Yoshi Hashi
MOTYC: Shibata vs Ren Narita, Okada vs Shingo - Wrestle Kingdom Night one Jan 4th

Okada/Shingo so good the crowd actually made audible noise through out the match making this the closest we've had to normal crowd noise in awhile

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask vs Taiji Ishimori & ELP vs Mega Coaches NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Fantastic Junior clusterfuck. Also they finally paid off THE LORE OF THE BOOT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask (C) vs. The Mega Coaches vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 1/5

I'd have given this a MOTYC nomination if the crowd had been allowed to react, this was high paced action, a ton of innovation, and a great cathartic wrapping up of a long-term storyline regarding El Phantasmo's suspiciously powerful superkick.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask vs Taiji Ishimori & ELP vs Mega Coaches NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Fantastic Junior clusterfuck. Also they finally paid off THE LORE OF THE BOOT.

2nd

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid vs Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Not gonna lie, I haven't watched much Stardom but after this match I think I have to start.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid vs Tam Nakano & Saya Kamitani NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Not gonna lie, I haven't watched much Stardom but after this match I think I have to start.

2nd. Holy gently caress all four of them were great and the pace was through the roof.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Same

Also

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask (C) vs. The Mega Coaches vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 1/5

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Minoru Suzuki vs CIMA vs YTR vs Chase Owens NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Extremely fun dumb clusterfuck of a match. Also a great ending.

E:

HM: SANADA vs GOK NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

An excellent technical match. Both SANADA and GOK are real good at the graps and it shows.

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Jeff Cobb NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

COBB STRONK: The Match. Also Naito is a fantastic dick. Brutal as all hell.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 5, 2022

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: KENTA vs Hiroshi Tanahashi NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Turns out that a rarely seen garbage wrestling plunder match in New Japan and and even more rarely seen Dark Tanahashi makes for one hell of a banger.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Cerebral Bore posted:

Turns out that a rarely seen garbage wrestling plunder match in New Japan and and even more rarely seen Dark Tanahashi makes for one hell of a banger.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

E:

An excellent technical match. Both SANADA and GOK are real good at the graps and it shows.

Yes to these too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Holy gently caress Nthed, that was incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm in shock at that great match too, but is this a second? :shobon:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm in shock at that great match too, but is this a second? :shobon:

Yeah it is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2 1/5

Regardless of anything else, Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers in the world and Okada is, of course, Okada. Incredible match, exhilarating and terrifying in equal measures. How either of these guys do the things they do is beyond me, but I'm sure as gently caress glad to watch them do it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 05.01

Bad Billy may be a bellend, but he sure can wrestle. And incedentally so can Okada. Legit instant classic.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

E:

nthing these

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Championship, Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2, 01/05

Sensational. Immaculately paced and I bit on so many near falls.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2 1/5

Regardless of anything else, Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers in the world and Okada is, of course, Okada. Incredible match, exhilarating and terrifying in equal measures. How either of these guys do the things they do is beyond me, but I'm sure as gently caress glad to watch them do it.

Nth.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Will Ospreay - Wrestle Kingdom 16 - 1/5

Awesome match with some insane spots and incredibly rad counter sequences. Ospreay and Okada doing their things. Okada constantly blows my mind with how effortlessly he can wrestle in two MOTYCs in two days.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
WK 5/1

Very good night

HM : flying tigers v mega coaches v bc cutest tag team

Motyc : Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid vs Tam Nakano and Saya Kamitani

Hm: chase v cima v minoru v yano

Hm : gok v sanada

Motyc : naito v cobbo

Motyc : kenta v tana

Motyc : okada v ospreay

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2 January 5th
MOTYC
Kenta (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP US Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Will Ospreay - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

HM
Flying Tigers (Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask) (c) vs Mega Coaches (Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero) vs Bullet Club's Cutest Tag Team (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) - IWGP Jr Tag Team Championships
Tam Nakano and Saya Kamitani vs Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid
Toru Yano vs CIMA vs Minoru Suzuki vs Chase Owens
Tetsuya Naito vs Jeff Cobb

Great show

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 5, 2022

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
Flying Tigers (Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask) (c) vs Mega Coaches (Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero) vs Bullet Club's Cutest Tag Team (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) - IWGP Jr Tag Team Championships

Great show

Nth. Main event is must must must see.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Great show

Nth, new japans still got some smoke

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Gake no Fuchi Joshi Pro Clockwork January 4th
MOTYC
Suzu Suzuki vs Chris Brookes

I'll nth this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Great show

nth