Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If we could, please, just admire this gem for a moment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/army/comments/rugg8j/a_critical_review_of_a_critical_review_of_a/hqzb4lx/?context=10000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The one little suggestion I'll make regarding radio chatter, for that wee extra touch of authenticity, is to put yourself in the shoes of these folks and imagine that you do this little song and dance every day for a living. What about your speech changes when you get comfortable speaking it, or speaking with the same group of people? Doctrine and best practices stress brevity in radio communication, and on top of that, folks use shortcuts and come up with slang specific to their particular... whatever, situation.

You don't have to go over the top with this, though, it's just little stuff. Instead of being entirely formal with "Red 1, this is Dog 6, here's a message for you, over", two elements within the same unit or that have already been talking to one another will often shorten this to just "Red 1, Dog 6, do thing, over". Instead of responding "Dog 6, this is Red 1, roger, over", you might instead just get "Red 1, roger" and that's it. I'm not sure if this is the best way of putting it, but perhaps let your folks get a little lazy and comfortable.

General Battuta posted:

police that moostash
Yeah, you're already on the right track.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just lol if you're still in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

They’re really dead set on keeping the event that like every fitness expert begged them to take out, huh (the 2-mile)
None of the other events are as good a measure of heart.

e: I take it back vvvvvv

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 24, 2022

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I think you could work around that issue by having the fitness trainers report to higher and be simply detailed down to the level they actually service. This sort of scheme works elsewhere for small, niche roles.

e: floating this idea: if they're to be legit technical experts, why not a warrant as BN master trainer?

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 4, 2022

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I'd certainly hope that, if any branch, PsyOp would actually be capable of putting out a halfway-decent ad.

The real question, though, is did they come up with that in-house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

what the gently caress