Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Has there been a reply-all clusterfuck yet to really seal it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PeterCat posted:

To me it just seems like a good way to injure yourself.

Army thread: it just seems like a good way to injure yourself.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Have a random CSM drop in and yell at someone about their sideburns.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dream Weaver posted:

gently caress this battuta guy keeps following me. I will take a look at yours if you take a look at my military science fiction book which is finally done and back from the editor next month. Beta read swap as it were. And when it comes out I'll shout it out on my email list.

Also still in, still going to airborne school soon. Ack my old knees.

Idk how much it would really help, but running insoles in your boots may not be a bad idea.

We wouldíve run loving everywhere in our boots, but it was too hot and we just walked everywhere in formation instead :shepicide:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Retrowave Joe posted:

It was. Originally it had no alternate events either. This dragon has been defanged to just bleeding gums over the last two years.

It took a decade (or more!) to get to this point :laffo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Just lol if you're still in.

Iíve been home from Afghanistan for 10 years next month, and out of the army for 10 years in Sept.

:unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PeterCat posted:

There is something darkly funny about this, but I can't put my finger on why.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us...mHYn-r_eYop5_9g

"US Army Alaska to be reflagged as airborne division amid surge in troop suicides"

Someone committed suicide in the smoking booth outside of the mental health building when I was at Wainwright. Iím sure having AIRBORNE added to the unit name would have changed that outcome, somehow :rolleyes:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ďe4 mafiaĒ is the only time youíll ever hear it where itís not specifically derisive, I think. Although some people like to use that as a cudgel against e4s they think are lazy, they also do this at their own peril :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

What if I refer people I donít like?

Well yea, you donít tell friends to join the army.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MightyJoe36 posted:

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was a joke.

Itís the army, things can be both a complete joke and serious at the same time :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My dad is retired, and I got to go see him last week. The dawning horror on his face when I told him the kinds of dumb poo poo that routinely happened and nobody ever gave a gently caress about was definitely something.

I guess heís been out for too long to remember, but I told him about the west pointers from my brigade that thought hazing and professional development were one and the same, and particularly the one that added enough racism to that poo poo-pile to drive a soldier to suicide.

Danny Chen :smith:

The true horror was when I told him that the NCOs got like 2 weeks in jail, and the LT involved got an admin discharge instead of a bad conduct from the resulting court martial. This is also around the time that someone tried to set one of my soldiers up to get murdered for testifying against those NCOS, so good times all around!

when someone is cleared to medevac and has their flight scheduled, itís completely fine and normal to try and put them on a helicopter back to their former FOB first with nothing more than winter PTs, right? No camo, no armor, no weapon, no NODs, literally just the clothes on his back. Completely normal.

e: my back is hurting today from an army injury, some dipshit thought rucksack running was a good PT move. I didnít sign up to crush one spinal disc and damage another in loving training in 2009.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 8, 2023

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MightyJoe36 posted:

Back to the 40s with the uniforms and back to the 80s with the slogan. Can't wait to see what's next.

Possibly Fun, Travel, Adventure? :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Iíve been out for 11 years as of last month :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

The Marines aren't going to get this thread until 2030 at the earliest.

We can festoon it with dicks all we want, but theyíll sniff out all the places we missed and decorate accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Controversial opinion, likely to explode the heads of staff officers and SNCOs alike:

soldiers are people too