Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Retired 24 years ago and it still looks like not too much has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

PeterCat posted:

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've seen in the Army. Right up there with putting pull up bars at every base and armory across the country, then not using them to do pull ups.

Pull ups I can see, as they actually translate to functional strength you would use in combat. WTF good is throwing a ball over your head backwards?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Retired for 23 years this July. :smuggo:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

New ACFT information. Leg tucks are out, planks are in. It now as gender and age brackets. Still completely asinine.

https://twitter.com/16thSMA/status/1506633735164383238?s=20&t=-kTPUeo7j-0E4jwaKq9Nvg

Nice to see they kept the really important, combat-relevant events (i.e., the backwards overhead throw and the 2-mile run).

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

I have plates and screws generously donated to my foot by the Army because "lol just run more that's the answer" and the only question that remains for my back is "When will the fusion happen?" because all the stupid as gently caress exercise they had me do didn't mean poo poo to bouncing around with 80 pounds riding directly on my shoulders. I was a one-hit-quit enlisted, not a life sentence, those people have got to be straight up crippled by the time they're done it's insane.

If you're like me, probably around age 51.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

We're wearing masks again.

The whole army, or just your post?

I live near an Air Force base and use their Commissary and Hospital. We still have to wear masks at the hospital.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

So, Air Force Base I live near just went to masks all the time.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

I work for a defense contractor and we have not gone back to masks yet. I work remote so it doesn't matter.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

I saw this on Reddit and thought it was a joke.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Back to the 40s with the uniforms and back to the 80s with the slogan. Can't wait to see what's next.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

So glad I'm retired and that my son is out.
:mcnally:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

I've been retired longer than I was in. :corsair: