Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, with the return of RTD and the production move it's a fair bet we get an entirely new set. Probably a refreshed Police Box as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

It'll be interesting if RTD decides to revert the designs of the Cybermen and the Sontarans

Probably all new going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak the Daleks again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Handles is the best companion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

which included the first story of the Sixth Doctor, which as we all know was terrible.

how DARE you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd genuinely love to see a version of the Doctor hunting monsters across time. Just toss some wheels on the Tardis and give him a sonic shotgun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This would also be acceptable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Donna. Best companion deserves to come back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blech.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Prole posted:

The only Dr who videogame worth poo poo is that one with Matt Smith in it, the sort of Abe's Odyssey-esque side scroller on PS3.

The Lego Dimensions DW level is incredible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's actually terrible because it's like a tease of how amazing a full Lego DW game could have been.

But no, it's the main reason I kept the Dimensions stuff, I like to run around that level just for the serotonin it gives me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's a lot of shouty Doctor to be contained in one audio.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

To whomever was talking about three Doctors in a trench coat...

https://twitter.com/Tea_Dalek/status/1481699160839577603

This would have been better than the entire last three seasons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If there's going to be any sort of animated/CG companion it's going to be a goddamned shapeshifting penguin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Give Peri her own spinoff you cowards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jamie/Ace show please.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hope RTD can convince every living actor who ever guessed on DW to come back for a cameo.

Is Sgt Benton still alive?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
David Tennant is going to get rid of covid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Class3KillStorm posted:

I'm curious, what were the general ratings like in the UK for the Smith era vs. the Tennant one? Because, as an American, while the revival was trending upwards all throughout Tennant's tenure, it was when Moffat and Smith took over that the show exploded in popularity here. You were much more likely to see merchandising and advertising with Smith's face on it then Tennant; the season 6 premiere stuff was all over the New York subway systems for a while, etc.

Smith and Gillan did a crapload of US tours, they seemed to realize they wern't marketing in the US heavily enough during the RTD era. Moff even did the US filmed episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, the Smith era seemed huuuuge. Day of the Doctor had same day cinema screenings all over the US and they were packed out. I remember seeing a reaction video for “You know I really think you might.” and it was like the portals in Avengers: Endgame. :dance:

I went to such a screening and it was sold out, crazy times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The same guys who've sworn she was fired at the end of every series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tennant should come back as the new Rani.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rich Johnston (of Bleeding Cool) swore to high heaven that he'd seen production work of Anthony Ainley morphing into Eddie Izzard waaaaay back before Ian Holm and John Simm were brought in. He later went scorched earth and deleted every post he'd made about it but a lot of people had seen it so he just looked silly.

But what made me think of that is they should take a page (literally) from the comics and have Tennant come back as the Valeyard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if Rusty can get Chris to come back for the 60th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Khanstant posted:

I'm guessing John Hurt ain't interested in the work? From the blurb though I suppose I don't have any issues with War Doctor having other aspects played by other Doctors, they're all the same person and it's sensible central nexus for their various pathoses.

Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this but John Hurt passed away 5 years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone repost the "first face" Six meme, I can't find it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Khanstant posted:

I thought people liked Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures. OH right. Doctor who. Everyone loves and hates every part in equal measure. Every episode both zenith and nadir.

People only like the Children of Earth Mini, otherwise Torchwood is trash.

Also obligatory CLASS mention.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Simply amazing :allears:

Thank-you. It's perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The US co-produced season is abysmal.

I mean, all TW is pretty much tainted by Barrowman now, not that it was ever worth revisiting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I keep getting stories in my news feeds that we might actually be getting a full Lego Doctor Who game. That's everything I want in the world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was available on all the major consoles, only a handful of mini figures were exclusives. The DW set worked on every system.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I only bought Dimensions because of the DW expansion originally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

The Lego Games are my favorite games, so buying Dimensions was a no-brainer, but you can be drat sure the Doctor Who expansion was the first one I bought.

In fact, I bought the expansion before I even had the core game.

Same haha! I had it preordered thinking it would just ne cool to have. Then it showed up and I was out the door an hour later to get the main game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The reveal of Smith's new console room is one of my all time favorite moments in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHHTw-chJ64

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Khanstant posted:

Are we okay with only 1 more possible renegade, someone so freaky the Doctor and Master team up together, maybe even make a companion of eachother?

Omega.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

The idea that Six was a personal favourite incarnation of the Doctor is very odd.

how DARE you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

It really brings into even sharper relief how much he was largely let down by the awful television production (plus of course all the exterior bullshit) of his time in the show.

i swear to god

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but he'd be fun. Let him do a single series and then bounce.

Yeah, that's what I want. Lots of one and done Doctors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We already had a Doctor that wore a stetson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Strong Convections posted:

Nah, modern Doctor Who actors go
English -> Scottish -> English -> Scottish -> English -> ...

So, what's Iain Glen up to these days?

EDIT: Or comedy option- Michelle Gomez as the Doctor with the theory about Missy being post-Dhawan being true so she's also the Master.

Iain Glen is Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't Peri with Six in all but the last two?