Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1525056784574316544?s=21&t=XT6-SkHdhWanPIl8xOhsMA

No butt stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wato means business

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

No butt stuff :(

The tournament is now going to be watching the intense internal conflict Taguchi faces as he tries in vain to resist the call of the butt.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
El Desperado is amazing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No he's not, he's being mean to DOUKI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love Titan and Wheeler in the background looking like serious businessmen listening to an intense presentation.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jerusalem posted:

I love Titan and Wheeler in the background looking like serious businessmen listening to an intense presentation.
Not THAT serious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Carlioo posted:

Not THAT serious

Haha, I was watching when Wheeler was just staring intensely at the back of the head of the guy who was talking, while Titan was doing this:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I missed the conference because the English World defaults to American timezones which confuses me but catching up on twitter it looks like Alex Zayne arrived dressed as Satan?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Serious veteran Taguchi always owns.

But maybe just a little butt stuff, please.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Remember Yano promising to play the whole G1 straight, doing two matches with amateur wrestling and losing and then going full shenanigans to beat I want to say Ibushi.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Actually really excited about BOSJ this year. Actual fresh matchups, been awhile since NJPW has had that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Maybe Taguchi is trying to angle for a pay increase and is holding the butt as ransom. No butt stuff = no guys

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Anyone think there's a chance the Forbidden Door challenger is revealed tomorrow? Normally the next challenger is revealed after the title defence but it might be difficult to get someone a visa just to come out and cut a promo. So that's either challenger via video package or someone says "I get the winner" tomorrow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Anyone think there's a chance the Forbidden Door challenger is revealed tomorrow? Normally the next challenger is revealed after the title defence but it might be difficult to get someone a visa just to come out and cut a promo. So that's either challenger via video package or someone says "I get the winner" tomorrow

I don't expect any details on the IWGP challenger till after Dominion and for AEW I expect we won't get it till after Double or Nothing

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

So this guy's a.... street magician?

I'm assuming you are talking about Ace Austin. He's very good! His recent title victory at Rebellion was going to be MOTN, but then Moose/Josh Alexander happened.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I'm assuming you are talking about Ace Austin. He's very good! His recent title victory at Rebellion was going to be MOTN, but then Moose/Josh Alexander happened.

It could also be Alex Zayne who also was dressed like a magician, but a sleazier one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was watching the Stardom show at the same time so the audio was down, but it was the guy who was like holding cards and twirling a stick. You're telling me this BOSJ is going to have TWO street magicians!?! :aaa:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let them be in the same block :pray:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They are.

e: to tell Alex Zayne and Ace Austin apart, just remember that Zayne is the one WITHOUT a belt.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 13, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Trent Beretta tested positive for Covid and has been pulled from Capital Collison. Instead Okada will be teaming with Rocky Romero

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Trent Beretta tested positive for Covid and has been pulled from Capital Collison. Instead Okada will be teaming with Rocky Romero

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1525253848956280833?s=20&t=YLlGbQN6jpmemJwZ8ungaw

dammit greg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gregg has just been cursed with bad injury luck over the last few years which is a shame

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dammit, nothing against Rocky at all but if it couldn't be Trent? it should have been Chuckie T, so we could get Weird Kazu

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

and to hear JR poo poo on chuck the entire match

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did Ospreay get a perm or something. His hair looks weird on the poster .

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

Did Ospreay get a perm or something. His hair looks weird on the poster .

Yeah, he's done something with it... i think maybe he thinks he's trying to do a Tana thing?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'll get a quickie thread up tomorrow if no one else does as i'll be at the show

CAPITAL COLLISION
May 14th at 19:00 EDT /May 1th at 00:00 BST/8:00 JST
Entertainment + Sports Arena, Washington DC

Dark Match:Kevin Knight vs. Mr. Freakbeast
Ren Narita vs. Karl Fredericks
Rosser, DKC, Loa, Finlay, and Uemura vs. Team Filthy (Lawlor, Kratos, WCWC, and Limelight)
Great-O-Khan vs. Chase Owens
United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Aussie Open, and Aaron Henare) vs. TMDK (Nicholls, Haste, JONAH, and Tito)
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Eddie Kingston
Brody King vs. Minoru Suzuki
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Rocky Romero) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White and Hikuleo)
United States Heavyweight Championship 4-WayHiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jon Moxley vs. Will Ospreay vs. Juice Robinson

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
ishii/kingston and king/suzuki should both be great

I don't know about the main, as good as everyone involved is it feels like there's potential for a real clusterfuck

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

ishii/kingston and king/suzuki should both be great

I don't know about the main, as good as everyone involved is it feels like there's potential for a real clusterfuck

Yeah, switching it to a four-way significantly lowered my excitement. I assume they'll run back some combination of those four at Dominion and maybe even Forbidden Door. Ishii/Kingston is what I'm looking forward to.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

four ways for suck unless they're done elimination style ot it's an opener jr heavyweight tag spotfest but hey i expect to get to see a tanahashi go home and sucessful defense. genuinely thought i was getting a tana vs mox singles match lol when i made plans

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

why is NJPW World retweeting this lmao

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1525162011033841666?t=6gdY0q_PLU2LCLmhdz3hVw&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its all a work, brother

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The 4 way main event probably is not gonna be as good as what Tana/Mox would of been but given Tana loves him some US wrestling I'd imagine he'll be extra hyped to try and prove he can work that type of match so it should be at least interesting to see

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The machine translation of this is:

The resurrection flame will burn again someday. Until then, everyone, let's do our best.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1525304828070891520?t=dZxpPQJ04BS_g0Heu1IoWA&s=19

The only BOSJ preview that matters

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Completely cracked up on the third one. Love that Hiromu and stoked for BOSJ!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
cant believe they're making Akira Francisco a heel, that dude giving big sweet lil Italian boy energy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

cant believe they're making Akira Francisco a heel, that dude giving big sweet lil Italian boy energy

I assume he's gonna primarily be a tag guy with TJP for now and TJP is hateable enough for both of them. (TJP and Ospreay do that for the whole faction full of likeable dudes too I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1525407622752415744?t=WhvX4blXjDUfGXLNmhGLsw&s=19

B BLOCK