Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Chairchucker posted:

Are they specifically holding out for one that's not mRNA, because I know that's a thing that some dumb people are concerned with

They say that but it might also simply be because that's the type of vaccine that isn't possible to get at the present time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Just tell him it's a pain killing injection for some injury he's rehabbing

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Sounds like Anderson finally got his second vaccine and can train with North again. I did feel a bit sorry for him because it sounds like he got hosed up by the first dose and didn’t want the second rather than being an anti vax nuffy like the others that have been in the news.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

lol richmond

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

dunno what the gently caress essendon was working on over the preseason but i don't think they spent much time learning to football good

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

GlenMR posted:

This is how we always play against Geelong. It's terrible every single time. Doesn't help that the rest of my family are Geelong die-hards and are STILL desperately unhappy with how the game's going.

And Laverde gets hurt every loving time as well

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Half Essendon's list got covid over summer after Michael Hurley's wedding so hopefully there's not many left to catch it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I still think the funniest outcome would be Buddy copping some sort of season ending injury and everyone having to wait until next year for him to kick it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Well Essendon was less poo poo this week so it's trending in the right direction. Probably should have won that with some better goalkicking.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Proud that Essendon fans booed confirmed racist Taylor Walker every time he went near it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Cotchin seems like a bit of a oval office

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

That's aasily the first time I've seen a free kick paid on the goal line for interfering with someone trying to spoil a goal.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I mean it's only Essendon so I'd say it's still an open question at this point.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Half the West Coast list has had covid in the last month or so and it can take a while to get over that. If they’re even a little bit off it would take a massive toll over the course of a game.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Timbits posted:

Was it one of you nufties calling in to ABC National just now, saying Melbourne aren't a serious contender this year, and St Kilda will beat them next week? It would be good for the game, but....

Haha I heard that. It sounded like a dramatic reading of a big footy post

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Looks like we've started tanking

quote:

Essendon has been forced to make five late changes ahead of its clash with Hawthorn tonight.

Jordan Ridley, Jake Kelly, Matt Guelfi, Alec Waterman and Sam Durham have succumbed to illness, replaced by the four emergencies Brayden Ham, Kaine Baldwin, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Aaron Francis.

Despite not being initially listed as emergencies, Devon Smith and Alastair Lord have also been included in tonight's squad, with the latter making his AFL debut as medical sub.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah dunno wtf happened there but I'll take it

They even had to pull Smith out of the rehab group to get 22 warm bodies on the park.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

spamman posted:

Did that happen when the Essendon drugs thing was happening? I can't even remember anymore.

Yeah pretty sure they were one of many organisations to go through with a fine tooth comb in the wake of that.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

McDonald-Tipungwuti has retired, the writing has been on the wall for a while. He was easily one of the most watchable players in his time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Robodog posted:

At least they have an excuse, why the gently caress have Essendon been doing the exact same poo poo for the last 15 years

It wasn't quite the same poo poo for 15 years, we tried taking a bunch of drugs to change it up for a while.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It'll even itself out in a few years. It's a messy process but I'm not sure how else it could have been done without condemning the expansion sides to a decade in the wilderness.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

Fark that Powell injury, absolutely disgusting stuff. Looks like he both fractured his leg and dislocated his ankle.

quote:

"He’s dislocated and fractured his ankle with a bit of ligament damage in there as well.

Having the entire thing snap off would be less painful by the sound of it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Richmond nuffies getting noisy

the one you could hear booing on the effects mic early on was funny

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://fb.watch/eC4GoaCxY1/

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Sad to see JK retire, dude has carried the club.

It’s coming up to that time of year. Legends of the game calling it a day and sad articles featuring delisted players looking for a new club insisting they still have a few years of good footy left in them.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Jesus christ

That's a close second to what Essendon put it's players through.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Wouldn't surprise me if the Crows lose a draft pick or something over this. Now a couple of players have come out and told everyone how hosed it is it makes the AFL and their original 'investigation' look like a crock of poo poo. The AFL will tolerate a lot of things but being made to look like idiots is definitely not one of them.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

Couple of weeks off

3-4 you'd think

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

Voss, who played the game famously hard when he captained the Lions to three premierships, said the collision represented “a good contest”.

“The umpire probably told the story; he didn’t pay a free kick, did he? So clearly he felt the arms were out and it was evenly contested,” Voss said.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Considering how Bec Judd is behaving it seems like they're both fuckheads

Bec is a massive cokehead which possibly explains a fair bit of it. Couldn't step over the boundary line without trying to snort it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/WesBrown2192/status/1559035202261110784

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

If so, hopefully he has good people around him advising him on the best way to move beyond this.

Getting a less poo poo haircut and not playing for free kicks would probably do the trick

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

My takeway from all this poo poo is that we definitely don't deserve Rutten. He seems like an extremely classy person.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Said it many times, but despite being fast and skilled, Brisbane are soft, and it shows up more often than pundits are willing to admit

For what it's worth, Daniher didn't move to Queensland for the weather or the anonymity. Although being able to step into the terlets for a few quiet nose beers with the boys without being recognised is a bonus.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

monolithburger posted:

Paddy Ryder has retired :smith:

Another Dodoro success story (that Essington was never able to fully capitalise on)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

Jesus loving christ just unplug Nine once and for all...

https://twitter.com/jhudson_10/status/1560835683753009152
They all look the same anyway, right?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

They started backgrounding it via the media within hours of the roos announcing Clarkson

That would be Sheedy or one of his backers doing that. He came out and said he didn't want Clarkson at Essendon which would have sunk any chance Essendon had of landing him even without the whole "you've got 4 days to do your due diligence" thing.

thepokey posted:

That is the downside. You want a lot of this poo poo to be cleaned out, and they are poo poo. But it also looks like they’re being cleaned out by Hird truthers

Now Brasher (who was due to leave within like 12 months anyways), Allen and Wellman will be leaving. This is breaking my brain because on one hand they seemed to all be part of the group that didn’t want an external review - and we need one! On the other hand, the external review team seems to be the ones who are open to Hird. It’s hard not to let the cynic in me feel like an external review is just a very poor mask disguising Hird. Give me Ross Lyon, give me Ken Hinkley, give me Adam Yze… I just don’t want Hird back.

I think on the board it's mainly just Sheedy who really wants Hird back. I'm thinking he probably switched because he's wanted Rutten (and Rutten's backers on the board) out rather than because he really wanted an external review. And I don't think the people agitating for an external review were necessarily set upon sacking Rutten either, they just completely hosed up the Clarkson thing and left his position completely untenable.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I thought the Dees provoked him by kicking 10 unanswered goals in the first quarter or whatever it was.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

So when do you assume they decided to knife Rutten early? Because this poo poo has been preordained.

Some of the board had wanted to do it a while back, and the gently caress up with Clarkson meant a few others were swayed that his position was untenable.

That selection panel does not seem like it's stacked with Hird stans so we might actually get a decent coach to ruin out of all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

drunkill posted:

so many ex carlton players in todays aflw games...

sigh.

Would have been nice to get some picks in return for losing some of our best.

Nah, it'd leave the comp unbalanced. Even with the raids on other lists there's only 8-9 players in Essendon's side tonight with AFLW experience.