Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gutter Journalism at it's finest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well, there goes the hopes of Collingwood winning a spoon

Doesn't look like the Saints will be taking that next step yet

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Who do we think wins the spoon this year? As an Eagles supporter I'd say we're in with a pretty drat good shot.

We're definitely going to get more soft tissues with our old as gently caress list, compounded with all the outs to the midfield already. We'll get kerbstomped by the likes of the dogs/dees/cats

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Suspension for Rioli,

While warranted, Rowell isn't going to have a long career if he hospital runs into marking contests like that oft.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol rip Kern

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eat poo poo Pies.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Rough on the tips this week

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thank gently caress, can take the stand rule with him.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I wish I got paid to do Max Laughton's job.

I can take numbers and push out random bullshit metrics too!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Can we stop this agenda to make it a night grand final? Pretty sure majority do not want this.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Why though, you don't get to celebrate it afterwards? Personally it'd probably be on at a better time internationally for me, but I just don't see the need or desire to change it. Having it mid afternoon was always alright and I don't understand what the fuss is around "needing" to change it as opposed to suggesting it be changed.

ps. if we're changing things and doing twilight GFs, then interstate GFs should be on the card after last year. If it's two non-vic teams in the Grand Final then gently caress playing it in Melbourne.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I asked how much these people think that these former Collingwood players were getting 'paid' to stand up against systemic racism in the club.

Yet to receive a figure... ofcourse.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

I have no faith in tipping either way on the Eagles/Swans, Saints/Suns, or Freo/Essendon games

Of the three I'd say the Saints are the most likely victors, Swans should win too. Bombers/Freo is anyone's guess.

Also Mason Cox is not the answer, Collingwood.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Norf fans look like they're having a whale of a time

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hall did his hammy so rip North

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jack Darling loving sucks.
Adam Simpson's gameplan still loving sucks.
Collingwood must really loving suck.

"lol lets just kick it around to find the best way to turn the ball over x100" - can't play contested footy and always have to try and force uncontested poo poo with long kicks. JUST RUN THE BALL FOR ONCE IN 3 SEASONS

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Apr 15, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah not watching the rest of this. Absolutely hopeless.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Every single possession has been a clanger or turnover, it's been unwatchable on the Eagles side. Swans are playing good, but gently caress me we're giving them every opportunity.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Holy poo poo a goal

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm loving all the Freo fans trying to trash talk then immediately being reminded that they've won jack poo poo.

That said we're gonna need a rebuild after this year when Hurn and Kennedy retire. Trade Darling away I can't stand his bullshit anymore. Cripps is done. Yeo is becoming an expensive passenger.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 15, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This sport is broken - that Free to Hawkins was something else, then the 50 to top it off.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm surprised we even put up 20 so far.

Adam Simpson is surely gone soon, it's just the same lacklustre bullshit week in week out.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It also makes me wonder how much of 2018 was down to Sam Mitchell - he's doing a job with the Hawks at the moment and a lot of the recounts of that season say that Sam was a big reason why we got to the Grannie in the first place being the mids coach. Ever since he left it's been an absolute clusterfuck and stinks of that 2015 grand final all over again where there is just no plan whatsoever. I think Simpson is (already or) starting to become the crux of the problem. It's not like the majority of this list can't play - we do have some old timers that will probably need to be traded (Yeo, seriously, 3 years of doing nothing and just constantly injured, then when on ground is average at best)

It's time to pull the plug and refresh the coaching box and list - rebuild time is now.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The point is, even with senior players coming back in, like last week we had a pretty full list, they still play like absolute dogshit and you can see the crap that's been coached in - there's no run and carry, there's no quick movement - it's all based on Simmo's usual kick it long and try to mark on the boundary 1 size fits all gameplan. That's the problem here. I think he's lost the players too because they can see it doesn't loving work. Just by nature as well we're carrying a lot of olds which needs to be addressed anyway before it becomes a problem.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Are you guys seriously trying to suggest to me that we don't actually need to do something about the ageing list? lmfao

loving clowns in here.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Richmond fans complaining about this being on a Friday while systematically ignoring the past 20 years of Richmond/Carlton on a Friday to start the season is a chefs kiss and a half.

Do you guys think Simmo has lost his players? Something doesn't add up as to why they're getting absolutely loving belted by 60+ even with the players we have.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Atleast JK got his 700th

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Schneider Inside Her posted:

You'd be forgiven for thinking that West Coast went to Collective Minds in the off-season

Maybe tying them to trees will do wonders

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snoremac posted:

Did WC have better players in against the Pies? The Pies are decent. Don't get how they lost.

Not really, we had less seniors and more juniors. This team today has more games played than the one that faced Collingwood, that's for sure. Collingwood also played a bunch of youths too:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We have Brisbane and Melbourne next up - I don't see how Simmo survives this with a combined losing margin of 350pts in 3 weeks

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Once Essendon figure out what defense is, they might actually be alright.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Spedman posted:

The WC situation reminds me of Freo in 2010-2011. Played and won a final in 2010, then Chris Scott left as an assistant to Mark Harvey to go coach Geelong to a premiership, and Freo lost the last six games of the season by about 10 goals a game. Harvey nearly ended the careers of Pav and Johnson with awful player management, in a desperate attempt to keep them on the park when they just needed time to recover from injuries.

Replace Chris Scott with Sam Mitchell and Harvey with Simpson - I'm still certain he was the reason the midfield was great, even when it was missing Nic Nat.

It would be interesting to see how impacted they are by Covid long term though, if it's the reason why they look so uncompetitive.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh Adelaide, just when I thought you were gonna be good again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is this Saints game a proper slog as the scoreline suggests or are both teams just playing poo poo?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Draw alert

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

How quickly we forget yesterday :laugh:

1.12 - 18 for the second half by the Saints. Fair to say their goalkicking hosed them.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 30, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eagles are totally hosed lol - why we aren't just making this a bye and playing WCE v BRIS in R14 and shifting Geelong's bye to R14 and have GEEL v WCE in R13.

Typical of AFL House.

In better news, North have redeemed their season:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Amazing how the Dogs went from a grand final to being thoroughly average to bad.