Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
I doubt Kennedy would be a 1 premiership, 2 grand final player if he stayed with the Blues though. Like yeah Eagles got the better of the deal but it's disingenuous to just compare stats directly like that. Blues have both the reigning Coleman medallist and this year's frontrunner and are probably still going to miss the 8, having Kennedy instead of Judd the last decade wouldn't have changed much for us. Also lol at adding pre-trade stats to the comparison.

I'm happy for Kennedy though, glad he got to play in premiership that he wouldn't have if he stayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
In terms of measuring success of the trade I'd point to the number of games you got from the players involved, and individual awards like Kennedy's 2 Colemans. In which case yes, West Coast clearly wins. It's the grand final appearances and premierships that I'd give less consideration to, since they're team based achievements.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Congratulations Patrick Cripps, champion player and well deserved winner of the 2022 Brownlow medal

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Papley first goal, Dangerfield Norm, Cats by 8 points

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
And straight up bullshit that they're allowed to re-jig the contract so they can spread the cost out over 4 years instead of 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Diet Crack posted:

Good, gently caress Hawthorn.