Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Do you think teams continue Covid measures during the season or we just see heaps of outs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They paid in 18 Bored Apes.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Why would you throw a glass over someone if not at the very least intending to threaten or intimidate them.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/Len_Jet/status/1504186654516400128?t=g_oj9jgljDDSlW4jp5C2sw&s=19

Let them fight.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I followed the score but didn't watch. My interest in football has waned since 2020. Don't think I need the gloom of bad Richmond in my life again. 30 years was enough.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Forum Joe posted:

When was the last time the team placed 17th on the ladder were favourites against the team placed 5th?
Probably round 2 of any given year.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Morning final.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Top of the table clash Fremantle v Carlton

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

So Eddie's thing about getting rid of goal umpires and having two umpires near the goals, is that as dumb as it sounds?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

quote:

IF ...

I was running Richmond ...

THEN ...

I'd be playing Dusty on Friday night against the Eagles. Yes, he's very underdone. But he's Dusty. And the Tigers can't afford another loss.
Tigers are playing one of two teams (the other is North) where I doubt they need the extra help.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Did WC have better players in against the Pies? The Pies are decent. Don't get how they lost.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

quote:

One of the team rules was to ‘come forward’, so he showed an image of a group of about five or more men ejaculating on a woman’s face with the words ‘come forward’ as a caption.

Yeesh.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

Shades of Nathan Brown
I still remember Richmond's amazing run that year going down the toilet the instant that happened.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

harperdc posted:

Losing after the siren after that chase-down and smother a few minutes before. You truly love to see it.

Now come on you Sainters.

That smother was fantastic commitment. I was livid because there was a free player ahead a handball away and Castagna had to try to make up for his misses all night.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Amazing Tigers will still be in the 8 by end of tomorrow.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

A weird game.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Better than Mundy's post-siren goal a few years ago I guess.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

lol Triple M commentary "the dogs have slain the giants"

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Has a team had the same or a better win-loss record with a % lower than the Pies right now?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

That Melbourne one is pretty cool.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Minor premier Collingwood looking possible.

Edit: Actually just looked at Geelong's run and no.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Richmond's 9 game streak was ended by Port Adelaide in a 2014 elimination final.

Collingwood defeated Port today to win their 10th straight game.

:thunk:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

So was that a screw up by the umpire to pay Richmond a free but do a score review for a score that didn't matter?

For those not watching Balta was awarded a free for a push in the back in the Brisbane goal square as another Tigers player touched the ball barely over the line, prompting the goal umpire to request a score review. The field umpire said Balta got a free kick but stopped play for a score review which was determined a goal but didn't matter.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 31, 2022

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It's still a remarkable image at GF 2017 of the Crows players emotionlessly staring down the Tigers players who just look to be in genuinely good spirits.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Look, Tex said he thought it was fine at the time and if you can’t trust his judgment then who can you trust
Is he still part of their leadership group after his racism last year?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It's interesting that enough investigations were done by AFL and Safework to determine the camp was not only absolved of wrongdoing but early this year media outlets were forced to apologise for previous reporting on it. I believe Betts completely, but wonder why the media would buckle under what must have been insufficient investigations. Maybe there was no money lost so they just didn't care enough to fight it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

State government body SafeWork did an investigation and found no wrongdoing. Can't say whether they suck as an institution or what but it looks like they fumbled it bigtime.

It was one of the CM people who said that to Betts.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

cmndstab posted:

Definitely not a teammate.

The thing is, the media was really only apologising for insinuating that the camp was run in bad faith. Essentially apologising for calling them malevolent, rather than just dangerously incompetent.

"Wrongdoing" is a pretty strong word. If the camp just consisted of them insulting the players for a weekend, it would be a lovely camp, but would it be wrongdoing? Where is the line crossed? The issue here isn't that the players were assaulted or otherwise interfered with illegally. Rather, they were just treated with absolute disrespect, and had their trust in the club abused. Like it was surgically designed to destroy the culture of what had been a pretty tight-knit group.

That grand final was less than five years ago. Of the 22 Adelaide players that took the field that day, only six are even still on the list, and only two (Walker and Laird) are currently in the side. The other four include Matt Crouch (almost certain to leave at the end of the year), Rory Sloane (ACL injury), Paul Seedsman (ongoing concussion issues) and Luke Brown (has seemingly lost his spot to Patrick Parnell), all of which could very conceivably never play for the Crows again. That squad went from contending for a premiership to being completely dessicated in the space of five years. Actually, most of them were gone within three years. Nine of them (Brad Crouch, Kelly, Atkins, Cameron, Hartigan, Lever, Greenwood, Betts, Jenkins) requested trades to other clubs, while Daniel Talia ended up leaving with bad blood between him and the club. What an absolute hatchet job.
Right I see. It's unfortunate that a conclusion that it was run in 'good faith' can easily be construed to mean what was alleged did not happen. It seems the camp's website certainly have framed it that way.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

V for Vegas posted:

Buddy confirmed leaving Swans! Huge.
Probably means Dusty to Swans :(

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

that was a great weekend of footy even if my boys shitmond died

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

2020 was a tight game until the last quarter.

In 2021 the blow-out after a tight first half was unexpected and cool.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Sep 24, 2022

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Admitting ignorance here. Why do women's games have such low scores? I understand the blow-outs because the league expanded at a rate where there's not enough talent to fill positions, but what is it that makes so many games just a few goals?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

^^^Cheers for all the info. I'm gonna get into the Richmond team for the rest of the season after hearing they knocked off undefeated Brisbane.

It'll be interesting to see how the women's game evolves given the differences highlighted in SS's post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Can't remember Richmond not facing at least one of Coll, Essendon and Carlton twice.