Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Regarding AS5: The fact that production gave Neutron Dance to Alyssa and Fancy to Kennedy keeps me awake at night. Swap them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Drag race down under s2e2: "I feel sorry for anyone who has to watch this poo poo" is definitely the most honest take on a RuPaul acting challenge.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Zombie Squared posted:

Drag race down under s2e2: "I feel sorry for anyone who has to watch this poo poo" is definitely the most honest take on a RuPaul acting challenge.

That was one of the worst of those scripted acting challenges in a long time too, bf is usually in the bag for those but was just stone-faced about this one.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I don’t mind the acting challenges where the queens can write their own material or improv it to some extent. The producer scripted ones are always hot steaming garbage, and the people directing are usually entirely too hung up on specific words to an extent that’s annoying considering that the queens had all of five minutes with the script.

Remember Kandy Who on season 7? With the weird Merle Ginsberg challenge? “Mother does not play.” “That.”

Jesus gently caress the whole drat challenge was a confusing mess, and you’re here harping on a word that doesn’t really change the meaning anyway. loving droppppp it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I though Kaos won that lip synch on Canada's drag race but whatever. But is was good to see Jimbo as a judge.

Also kinda related my straight white male friend sent me pictures for seeing RP Drag race live. I won't go to a place filled with that many people (Covid).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've always marveled at how terrible the scripted challenges are, but the other day I watched the A&E Biography episode of Rupaul from 2001, and they showed clips from his VH1 show, and drat, that show included the very same type of terrible scripted sketches starring Ru and Michelle. They were just as terrible as the ones from Drag Race.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nihonniboku posted:

I've always marveled at how terrible the scripted challenges are, but the other day I watched the A&E Biography episode of Rupaul from 2001, and they showed clips from his VH1 show, and drat, that show included the very same type of terrible scripted sketches starring Ru and Michelle. They were just as terrible as the ones from Drag Race.

if anything my biggest fault with that last episode was them having Lucy Lawless on as a judge, someone who spent seasons upon seasons doing nothing but adding fun and authenticity to absolute schlock, and then gave her like 4 words to say the entire time

Bolt Yaride
Oct 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Choices

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just put on Episode 2 (S2) of Down Under and Lucy Lawless (Xena) is going to be a guest judge - I really don't care what any of the queens do at the moment I just want to see Lucy Lawless.

Edit: just do add my aunt once bought me a Chakram and for my last birthday my husband bought me a Xena t-shirt.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 10, 2022

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I just put on Episode 2 (S2) of Down Under and Lucy Lawless (Xena) is going to be a guest judge - I really don't care what any of the queens do at the moment I just want to see Lucy Lawless.

get ready for some pretty harsh lighting

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

get ready for some pretty harsh lighting

Yeah it didn't do Lucy any compliments but I was still happy to see her. I tried to watch her newer show "Murder is my Life" or something like that but it wasn't for me. She is better in shows that Sam Raimi or Robert Tapert (her husband0 directs/produces as like an action show. She was great in the tv show Ash vs. Evil Dead.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

She was great in the tv show Ash vs. Evil Dead.

yeah she was terrific in that! also i enjoyed her as Ron Swanson's love interest in Parks and Rec, she manages to radiate tough I DON'T GIVE A gently caress energy in every role.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Let us also not forget that she calls Kevin Sorbo "peanut".

https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/lucy-lawless-kevin-sorbo-twitter.html

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Let us also not forget that she calls Kevin Sorbo "peanut".

https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/lucy-lawless-kevin-sorbo-twitter.html

harsh indictment of peanuts

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yes it is an affront to peanuts because peanuts harm no one - Especially the honey roasted kind. Because they are tasty. Maybe she meant the dollar store lightly salted dry roasted kind that are always stale.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Out of curiosity my friend looked at what drag queens they got for the end of summer show at the local Vancouver festival site and long story short I'm gonna see a show with Ginger Minj, Manila, Trinity, Plastique and Kendall Jenner??

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Just got to thinking, we've had a lot of queens for Puerto Rico, but I don't think we've had any from any other US territory. I wonder what's the gay scene in like, Guam, the Marshall Islands, The US Virgin Islands, or Saipan?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Yes it is an affront to peanuts because peanuts harm no one - Especially the honey roasted kind. Because they are tasty. Maybe she meant the dollar store lightly salted dry roasted kind that are always stale.

My allergic rear end has some words for this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Baby Mr. Peanut literally caused the pandemic

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

curiousTerminal posted:

My allergic rear end has some words for this

Are you allergic to peanuts or Kevin Sorbo?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I've never seen them in the same room, so...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I know this is too late for any live-watching, but just in case you didn't know (like I didn't), T-Mobile gives a year's subscription to Paramount+ with an account with them. It's ad-tier, but I'm sure it's still good.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Also, this may be just me, but I'm so excited! Drag Race Mexico is happening! They're casting as we speak. I've been watching España as a substitute, and it's nice and all, but it'll be nice to see Mexico and recognize things.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Pan Dulce posted:

I know this is too late for any live-watching, but just in case you didn't know (like I didn't), T-Mobile gives a year's subscription to Paramount+ with an account with them. It's ad-tier, but I'm sure it's still good.

I bought paramount plus ad free the first year it was out, because it was $50 for the year. The app was hot steaming garbage and I hated it. Oh, and they played ads for other shows on paramount+ even though it was supposedly ad free. Cancelled it as fast as possible.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

dino. posted:

I bought paramount plus ad free the first year it was out, because it was $50 for the year. The app was hot steaming garbage and I hated it. Oh, and they played ads for other shows on paramount+ even though it was supposedly ad free. Cancelled it as fast as possible.

since last year and as6 bf and i have just been getting it for the exclusive all stars season and pretty much watching everything good on offer while we have it, it's worked pretty well for these two years though he uses it a lot more than I do.

We just use it through amazon prime's channel thingy though because the app was indeed one of the only apps I've seen be coded worse than hbomax.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
#TeamGisele

I really thought Boom Boom was a lock for the finale though :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
CDR3: I think that runway theme was a little too high minded for the show. On one hand you literally had "I'm gonna wear bones" for Calcium and "I'm wearing some crap and calling it Salt" and on the other hand Lady Boom Boom is wearing a water-cooling setup and Gisele has Cesium crystals on her shoulders that no one noticed.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ok. I’ll admit it. I wanted baga to win s1 mostly because she’s quebecois franco. so having two whole queens with guttural, melodic french accents unequivocally slaying has been d’erable

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I've never really thought about how french Canada is until Canada drag race and tbh I'm furious we don't get more quebecoi queens

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Eej posted:

CDR3: I think that runway theme was a little too high minded for the show. On one hand you literally had "I'm gonna wear bones" for Calcium and "I'm wearing some crap and calling it Salt" and on the other hand Lady Boom Boom is wearing a water-cooling setup and Gisele has Cesium crystals on her shoulders that no one noticed.

yeah the only three who even sort of delivered on the assignment were the top three, the cesium crystals, the use of arsenic as a dye, and the silly pun for yellow cake and also the cute 50's housewife radiation dress

also lmao at boom boom by all visual accounts just using real rear end bromine in her weird pc cooler setup and then lip syncing in it, come thru toxic inhalant

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I've never really thought about how french Canada is until Canada drag race and tbh I'm furious we don't get more quebecoi queens

There’s no Canada like French Canada it’s the best Canada in the land

https://youtu.be/GFJO8gW83BE

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ty canada for reminding me about carly rae jepsen

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Motherfuckers act like they forgot about rae

I truely believe eMotion was the greatest album of the 2010s

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://www.avclub.com/rupaul-rules-vh1-with-more-drag-race-and-untucked-1849405375

Drag Race has officially been renewed for a 15th season. Although, given that season 15 has already filmed, along with All Stars 8, not sure why they needed to announce it like this.

And apparently season 2 of Celebrity Drag Race premiered on Friday. I completely missed that.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

And apparently season 2 of Celebrity Drag Race premiered on Friday. I completely missed that.

It’s all lipsyncs all the time if you’re not already aware. Drag Masked Singer.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

It’s all lipsyncs all the time if you’re not already aware. Drag Masked Singer.

I'll create a disposable account to watch it on VH1.com at my lunch time.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

The set and lighting design is bonkers in celeb DR2. Like why can’t they do this for normal drag race?

I do miss the transformation process that the first season gave us but whatever, I’ll watch this.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I would have liked more banter, but I imagine we'll get more of that as celebrities are sent home.

And unlike the first season, I actually know who all of the celebrities are (I looked it up), although I recognized none of them in drag.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
According to spoilers, not only is the set and lighting better but all of the lip sync song choices are big money banger songs as well.

Also if you get spoilers from reddit the spoiler sub seems to be imploding for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

angerbeet posted:

Also if you get spoilers from reddit the spoiler sub seems to be imploding for whatever reason.

:munch: