Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
my loyalty to team nippon paid off this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I had AC and Bogle so that didn't go well.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I'm averaging 200 points/round. Pick like me. Just choose the fast dudes.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I like picking marginal dudes cuz it makes me pay attention to the back of the race

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Anaheim 2 tonight. I'm probably going to fall asleep before I watch it. Thanks streaming services.

I feel gross picking Webb. Maybe he'll crash.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Anaheim 2 tonight. I'm probably going to fall asleep before I watch it. Thanks streaming services.

I feel gross picking Webb. Maybe he'll crash.

Who are you?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
OK, I finally watched the race and holy poo poo, RIP roczen. Got taken out by Anderson again and then just a minute back for the rest of the race.

Nice to see Tomac get a win. I wonder if he's figured out the mental side a little better now too. Seems like the bike is getting dialed in anyway.

As for webb, I hope you know this is your fault deeters. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Is that dude who took a wheel directly to the head in the woops ok (in the 250s)? Holy gently caress.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Russian Bear posted:

Is that dude who took a wheel directly to the head in the woops ok (in the 250s)? Holy gently caress.

no that was my boi nippon joe accidentally running someone over

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Vince Freise is probably fine. His team tweeted that he's ok, and since there's no tabloid level reporting like with MotoGP, that's probably the best we'll get. Shimoda just has the worst luck this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZXZm88vYC7/

quote:

At least I learned how to front flip and deliver a sushi roll🍣😆

builds character posted:

OK, I finally watched the race and holy poo poo, RIP roczen. Got taken out by Anderson again and then just a minute back for the rest of the race.

Nice to see Tomac get a win. I wonder if he's figured out the mental side a little better now too. Seems like the bike is getting dialed in anyway.

As for webb, I hope you know this is your fault deeters. Thank you for your sacrifice.

:patriot:

This year is shaping up really good already. I'm enjoying Anderson being competitive again, even if he destroyed the most fragile guy on the track.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Big big fan of Daniel Blair in the booth. I love his pre-race show Blairs Breakdown.

ZachO took a page from the Ryan Dungy retirement press conference guide to having your mom dress you. Yikes. Dude needed a cup of coffee.

Also, loved this from Vital:

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 1, 2022

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Big big fan of Daniel Blair in the booth. I love his pre-race show Blairs Breakdown.

ZachO took a page from the Ryan Dungy retirement press conference guide to having your mom dress you. Yikes. Dude needed a cup of coffee.

What does that thing do? Feather the clutch on a start?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

ZachO gets a forever pass because he bet one of the dudes at husky that if he won they'd give him a dakar bike. Which is why he now has a dakar bike. Thanks to this pass.

Also, obviously friese is OK. He's made of rage and spare parts. Shimoda's bike never stood a chance.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

ZachO gets a forever pass because

He didn't do that; god did that.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Glendale tonight is a Triple Crown race. Both classes will have 3 "mains" instead of the usual heats, LCQ, and main.

https://racerxonline.com/2022/02/04/redux-triple-crown-format-fresher posted:

Instead of each class having qualifying, heat races, LCQs, then main events, the Triple Crown format will have qualifying followed immediately by an LCQ for each class. The top 18 in qualifying are automatically set for the three races, and the first four spots of the LCQ will determine the final four spots in each class, giving us 22 riders on the gate for the three races. There will be a break between the LCQs and the start of the “night show” racing in order to allow for track maintenance and teams and riders to prep their machines from the day and/or LCQ.

quote:

Unlike a typical main event, the three individual races do not score points in the Triple Crown format. The finishing order is based on Olympic scoring, and then the totals from all three races are added together for the overall (the lower the number the better).

I kinda like this format since all the racing matters and you end up with more total time with bikes on the track. But it does suck that if someone has 1 bad finish, it kinda screws them for the other two.

Also, a note for anyone who wants to try-hard with fantasy: you get 3 chances at the First Lap Leader bonus. And wait until the final 22 riders are determined before picking so you don't end up with someone who's not in the mains.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Glendale tonight is a Triple Crown race. Both classes will have 3 "mains" instead of the usual heats, LCQ, and main.

I kinda like this format since all the racing matters and you end up with more total time with bikes on the track. But it does suck that if someone has 1 bad finish, it kinda screws them for the other two.

Also, a note for anyone who wants to try-hard with fantasy: you get 3 chances at the First Lap Leader bonus. And wait until the final 22 riders are determined before picking so you don't end up with someone who's not in the mains.

Ok, but who’s going to pick cooper Webb so that he crashes? Not it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Speaking of cooper Webb, they just played a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups this season lol

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Angry, wrecking people Anderson is Anderson at his best.

500excf type r posted:

Speaking of cooper Webb, they just played a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups this season lol

Yes, inject it straight into my veins.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'd love to know why Webb dropped Aldon Baker as a trainer. He was mediocre at best, went KTM and Baker and won the championship, and he won last year with him too. Doesn't seem like his new plan is working yet

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

I'd love to know why Webb dropped Aldon Baker as a trainer. He was mediocre at best, went KTM and Baker and won the championship, and he won last year with him too. Doesn't seem like his new plan is working yet

Yeah, seems real dumb.

And look at you with your single-all star teams. Nice.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
just lol at friese absolutely destroying someone.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Lots of friese coverage in qualifying today with a long interview with Vince (I swear I've drank two beers and checked the grill since this has started God drat)

I'm surprised but not really... Offended might be more close to the feeling, of Vince getting reprimanded and placed on probation for that when *gestures wildly at the long list of smashes being give to a mister Kenneth Roczen*

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

There's a clock on the wall behind Vince and I'm pretty sure it's been 25 minutes so far

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Cool, 5 PM start time means I can actually watch live. Thank you, Feld.

I just picked silly names to fill out my 250 riders.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I once bet $50 on a horse named MyLittleSurferGirl at the meadowlands just because the name made me laugh. I lost it all :(

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

That's worth $50.

I can't believe I'm paying money for them to gently caress up the audio every week

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Ricky fucks up the audio just by opening his mouth

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

poo poo, Sexton got his bell ring pretty good. Sucks after such a good ride. But at least Anderson was there to keep Webb from winning.

I'm really liking AC as an announcer too. If he's gonna keep hurting himself, I hope he takes this as a job.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Who had the gold wheels on a red (Honda?) Bike

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I think it was Kyle Peters and whatever team he's with. I just can't find a good photo of it.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters posted:

poo poo, Sexton got his bell ring pretty good.

I can't believe they let him back out - he was wobbly as poo poo and couldn't get on his bike.

You guys seeing all the reports of CO poisoning and other iritation from fans, riders, mechanics, etc? Starling is posting about it on twitter.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I can't believe they let him back out - he was wobbly as poo poo and couldn't get on his bike.

You guys seeing all the reports of CO poisoning and other iritation from fans, riders, mechanics, etc? Starling is posting about it on twitter.

I hear it's not that bad for you? You just... oh, oh no.

Just from revving bikes in the tunnels or was something else going on?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Rip Austin forkner, that crash looked brutal last night but today he confirms he's out for the season with only a broken collarbone it seems

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I like this triple crown format.

Regarding CO poisoning... i mean i'm not surprised at all - this format of racing is ripe for a move to electric once Honda and Yamaha get onboard.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I never heard more on the CO thing, but it doesn't surprise me either. I've gotten some bad headaches from indoor bike races with bad ventilation.

I think Stank dog is riding a two stroke again tonight. Let's see if he makes the show

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Deeters posted:

I never heard more on the CO thing, but it doesn't surprise me either. I've gotten some bad headaches from indoor bike races with bad ventilation.

I think Stank dog is riding a two stroke again tonight. Let's see if he makes the show

I went to a monster truck show at the dcu center in Worcester and it was pretty awful as far as fumes go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I feel robbed of an actual battle for 1st because of mcelrath