Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Cooper Webb: he sucks and I hate him.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Paging user Buildscharacter who I hope isn't too good for dirt bike racing these days!!!!

I’m always here to boo cooper Webb. I’ll do sx fantasy starting next week. This week I will give myself 100 points. No questions tia.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

HE FELL OVER OH MAH GAWD IT WAS SO loving FUNNY

Alright, I’m going to watch the race just for this tomorrow.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Oakland is tomorrow night. Doesn't seem like a particularly interesting track, but I think the sand section will get some people.

https://youtu.be/dGTgAhSaV6I

Injury report so far (at least some of the more important people):
Justin Brayton - out with COVID

Colt Nichols - Had surgery from his crash last weekend. Probably won't make it back for the season.

Jalek Swoll - Concussion from his crash. Out for this race, but will be back eventually.

you can read the rest. Don't pick any of those guys if you're doing fantasy.

What the hell is Friese doing in 250s? He's going to fly into a rage and accidentally murder one of those tiny boys.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Jesus, if anyone ever figures out air bag suits for dirt bikes, Roczen needs to get the first one

They’ve been mandatory in Dakar the last two years. :smug:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I'm averaging 200 points/round. Pick like me. Just choose the fast dudes.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Anaheim 2 tonight. I'm probably going to fall asleep before I watch it. Thanks streaming services.

I feel gross picking Webb. Maybe he'll crash.

Who are you?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
OK, I finally watched the race and holy poo poo, RIP roczen. Got taken out by Anderson again and then just a minute back for the rest of the race.

Nice to see Tomac get a win. I wonder if he's figured out the mental side a little better now too. Seems like the bike is getting dialed in anyway.

As for webb, I hope you know this is your fault deeters. Thank you for your sacrifice.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Big big fan of Daniel Blair in the booth. I love his pre-race show Blairs Breakdown.

ZachO took a page from the Ryan Dungy retirement press conference guide to having your mom dress you. Yikes. Dude needed a cup of coffee.

Also, loved this from Vital:

ZachO gets a forever pass because he bet one of the dudes at husky that if he won they'd give him a dakar bike. Which is why he now has a dakar bike. Thanks to this pass.

Also, obviously friese is OK. He's made of rage and spare parts. Shimoda's bike never stood a chance.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

Glendale tonight is a Triple Crown race. Both classes will have 3 "mains" instead of the usual heats, LCQ, and main.

I kinda like this format since all the racing matters and you end up with more total time with bikes on the track. But it does suck that if someone has 1 bad finish, it kinda screws them for the other two.

Also, a note for anyone who wants to try-hard with fantasy: you get 3 chances at the First Lap Leader bonus. And wait until the final 22 riders are determined before picking so you don't end up with someone who's not in the mains.

Ok, but who’s going to pick cooper Webb so that he crashes? Not it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Angry, wrecking people Anderson is Anderson at his best.

500excf type r posted:

Speaking of cooper Webb, they just played a highlight reel of all his gently caress ups this season lol

Yes, inject it straight into my veins.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

I'd love to know why Webb dropped Aldon Baker as a trainer. He was mediocre at best, went KTM and Baker and won the championship, and he won last year with him too. Doesn't seem like his new plan is working yet

Yeah, seems real dumb.

And look at you with your single-all star teams. Nice.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
just lol at friese absolutely destroying someone.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

I can't believe they let him back out - he was wobbly as poo poo and couldn't get on his bike.

You guys seeing all the reports of CO poisoning and other iritation from fans, riders, mechanics, etc? Starling is posting about it on twitter.

I hear it's not that bad for you? You just... oh, oh no.

Just from revving bikes in the tunnels or was something else going on?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Been super behind on watching SX, but loving lol how did nobody mention Mookie just destroying Jason Anderson. Not once, not twice (ok twice intentionally) but THREE TIMES and one of them was when he was in front, falling over in the huge rut, guy behind him hits him and falls over and then Anderson hits that guy. Just an absolutely outstanding performance and he is now unequivocally the best racer ever.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Once again just want to state I love Hondas with gold wheels

:hmmyes:

Also love blue wheels on KTMs, huskies and Yamahas.

Or green on suzuki.

I just like colored wheels.

Missed the picks by 5 minutes but I would have been wrong.

Because holy poo poo RIP everyone except tomac and Mookie who god is clearly rewarding for his virtue.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Ya Kate missed the deadline by about as many minutes, oops!

She actually hates the pulp mix style fantasy and keeps telling me that she wants to do the rmmc one next time and I keep telling her to be quiet because racing is on

Every time she picks mookie he fails terribly and so she has given up on him which might explain his successes this year

Gotta encourage your girl’s fantasies. :colbert:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elviscat posted:

I don't know anything about Supercross but it sure is loud.

boo cooper Webb and you’ll be doing just fine.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Tomac just coasting. Pulls out some speed when he wants but... he can DNF two races and have anderson finish first in both and still be ahead by 6 points. Just crazy. I hope stewart finishes top 3.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Last time I was at a sx race was in NJ in 2019 and I waited in line for an hour for Ken Roczen to sign a poster and the last person was literally in front of me

Today I waited with my son for Tomac to sign my son's hat for a similar amount of time but it was someone two spots ahead of me this time lol

Oh well, I got Musquin to sign my old af Klutch industries t shirt and it makes me happy

That’s awesome. Not so much missing tomac but getting Musquin.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
You’re a magician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.