Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Man, that Swiss town at the end was gorgeous. Wonder what the IT industry is like there :v:

blue squares posted:

Jesus Christ. The two eliminated teams in no way deserved to come back. Should have brought in some of the alternates

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I wish I was at that cocktail party :(

also lmao arun and natalia.

they own i love how bad they are at this. maybe they'll Josh & Brent but that seems super unlikely.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Why do things keep getting spoiler tags in here when watching live? Is that some new rule I missed?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

SteveVizsla posted:

Why do things keep getting spoiler tags in here when watching live? Is that some new rule I missed?

I think it’s just courtesy to people who don’t realize the next episode is airing/ has aired and click on a subscription. That way they don’t get accidentally spoiled on the new episode.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Is anyone really liveposting? But yeah not reason normal tv iv rules don't apply. I used spoilers early on since I made the thread after the season had already started lol.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
You ever just have one of those days where you realize: "Oh poo poo, they dd a family edition and it was terrible!" ?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shoutouts to the lone black family, The Black Family.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Studio posted:

Shoutouts to the lone black family, The Black Family.

This kills me every single time

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Also when that woman got run over by an Amish buggy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Glad to see the biggest rear end in a top hat on the race bite the dust, and it being his fault is satisfying. Shame the very nice Sheri had to lose too

Why didn’t Arun and his daughter have to do a speed bump? Lame

Corsica is gorgeous! I want to visit

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

blue squares posted:

Glad to see the biggest rear end in a top hat on the race bite the dust, and it being his fault is satisfying. Shame the very nice Sheri had to lose too

Why didn’t Arun and his daughter have to do a speed bump? Lane

They kind of did - as I recall, their start time was after everyone else's?

Also, yes, tremendous glee at the failure being his own. My wife and I were yelling about him being Division 1 the whole time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mmmm now that was some good irony :discourse:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Golbez posted:

They kind of did - as I recall, their start time was after everyone else's?

Yeah, they started 15 minutes behind everyone else, which I think is usually roughly the time taken by a speed bump anyway.

And yeah, Akbar completely failing a road block after yelling at Sheri multiple times to speed up was loving delicious.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I haven't been crazy about the challenges this season - a good chunk of them have been highly serial preventing position changes. Hope there is a bit more variety in the next few legs.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Akbar eating poo poo was fantastic.

Also, the more I see of Ryan, the more I feel like maybe he actually did the crimes. Dude has a really unsettling calmness.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Really annoyed at the lack of masking on contestants dealing with others who are masked

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also, the more I see of Ryan, the more I feel like maybe he actually did the crimes. Dude has a really unsettling calmness.

I think it's that you need to foster that kind of patience and calm in order to survive a decade in prison for a crime you didn't commit without going absolutely insane

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That really was the perfect way for Sheri and Akbar to get eliminated. As soon as I saw how long he had to hike to get up the mountain I knew they were screwed.

I don't think I have any active dislike for any of the remaining teams which feels like a rarity for this show, especially with this many teams left.

Looking ahead (I know this is just speculation but I'm still gonna spoiler it) Survivor starts on March 9th which means there's possibly four episodes left? If they do a three team final that means either there's two non-elimination legs in those four episodes or the finale is split between two weeks. Not sure how much precedent there is for either of those two options

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 4, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Departure times, yay or nay?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The hard 12 hour period always led to a bunch point and you’d end up with teams having hard time differences anyway. I prefer it being explicit instead of “oh we left at 2am and now the airport/bus station’s closed noooo”.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I don’t get why Sheri and Akbar didn’t try to get more in shape for the return to the race.

I understand the first time around you don’t know what to expect and don’t get 19 months to prepare, but when basic physical fitness and stamina were your weakness the first time around and you get a year and a half to prepare to return to the race, maybe put in a little effort. It is not like you would be wasting time learning a niche skill like driving a manual when you live in a country full of automatic cars.

It is so silly when people use terms like “we gave it our best effort” or “we left it all out on the field” - 90% of the work is the preparation. If you didn’t do any, then no, you didn’t give it your best effort.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

I don’t get why Sheri and Akbar didn’t try to get more in shape for the return to the race.

I understand the first time around you don’t know what to expect and don’t get 19 months to prepare, but when basic physical fitness and stamina were your weakness the first time around and you get a year and a half to prepare to return to the race, maybe put in a little effort. It is not like you would be wasting time learning a niche skill like driving a manual when you live in a country full of automatic cars.

It is so silly when people use terms like “we gave it our best effort” or “we left it all out on the field” - 90% of the work is the preparation. If you didn’t do any, then no, you didn’t give it your best effort.

I saw elsewhere that the pandemic really upped the need for assistance their program provided and I think they were just spending all of their time on that, which is understandable.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This last episode was extremely filler and had like, no space for actual advancement, especially with the teaming (more so with the failure lol).

That said, was a few fun challenges, and honestly better than some of the other filler elimination legs they've had. Hell, I'd say it was better than some of the worse finales.

I was super rooting for Arun and Natalia, and the more they can't keep up the more I want them to win. Like a mini-Josh and Brent it'll be awesome.

IcePhoenix posted:

That really was the perfect way for Sheri and Akbar to get eliminated. As soon as I saw how long he had to hike to get up the mountain I knew they were screwed.

I don't think I have any active dislike for any of the remaining teams which feels like a rarity for this show, especially with this many teams left.

Looking ahead (I know this is just speculation but I'm still gonna spoiler it) Survivor starts on March 9th which means there's possibly four episodes left? If they do a three team final that means either there's two non-elimination legs in those four episodes or the finale is split between two weeks. Not sure how much precedent there is for either of those two options

I think the Wikia confirms this. ||Since 3 person non-US legs are extremely pointless and they've largely stopped doing them, I would expect Elim, Non-Elim, Elim, Final||.

Also I'll actually be able to keep up with Survivor live this season :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arun and Natalia are fun to watch yeah. I honestly have no idea what the point of that episode even was, either. They didn't go anywhere new and nothing really happened.

e: nice discord spoiler tags btw :v:

e2: vvv not as far as I know I'm just commenting on Studio using the discord double bars in his post to try and spoiler something instead of the forum spoiler tags vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 13, 2022

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Wait there's a discord for this? Someone shoot me an invite.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Soysaucebeast posted:

Wait there's a discord for this? Someone shoot me an invite.

Yeeeah, I do not think there's enough activity to necessitate a Discord. That was entirely me trying to spoil something ||like this||, realizing it's not spoiled after posting, and forgetting to delete the discord tags after editing.

I also watch as a west coaster, so I could not live post unless you're watching late, another knock against the discord 😔. Unless there's a CBS Casting Director that wants to chat in which case always down.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Yea, I figured there wouldn't be a discord dedicated to just TAR. I think there's only like five of us here that watch it. I just wasn't sure if there was a TAR channel on the TVIV discord I was missing or something.

Man, I forgot all the goon discord servers I joined last year during all that poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I usually watch thursday/friday on their website because I'm watching dynamite when it's live so I also don't livepost

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I watch but only lurk, my bad

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

gotta post about TAR and use SEO terms to keep the series alive

#LostArk #Covid19 #Nude

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lmao Lulu and Lala, that ending was great.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also, Raquel is a testament to not wearing a tank top on TAR

Edit:

https://twitter.com/arunbernie/status/1494097462516137988

Look at that. They have the power. They can win.

(I also got 242 in 2)

Studio fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 17, 2022

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Lulu eats maggots and her primary complaint is the bread is dry. Meanwhile she comes near an onion and dry heaves

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I hope they spend any money they won on fixing Lulu's obvious eating disorder.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That episode was a hell of a trip for the only real change being a 4/5 swap

also (next week preview) there's no way next week is an elimination leg with what that rock challenge looks to be, right? That means two more episodes after Survivor starts, has CBS released schedules for that?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

That episode was a hell of a trip for the only real change being a 4/5 swap

also (next week preview) there's no way next week is an elimination leg with what that rock challenge looks to be, right? That means two more episodes after Survivor starts, has CBS released schedules for that?

No? Survivor starts the 9th right? So next week is the non-elim, Then I believe it's Leg 10 and 11 on March 2nd, starting at 8 PM

Since the first episode had 2 legs (and technically 2 episodes??), despite being on the 8th airing, that was leg 9, and the series should end before Survivor.

Which is important, I need to root against the woman who obviously is going to Stanford

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

No? Survivor starts the 9th right? So next week is the non-elim, Then I believe it's Leg 10 and 11 on March 2nd, starting at 8 PM

Since the first episode had 2 legs (and technically 2 episodes??), despite being on the 8th airing, that was leg 9, and the series should end before Survivor.

Which is important, I need to root against the woman who obviously is going to Stanford

I had the wrong date in my head for survivor, if next week is non-elim then that sets up perfectly for a double episode on march 2nd (which is when I thought Survivor 42 started) with one elim in the first hour and then the final three in the second

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Yup, that lines up

Go Bears!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I got caught up from being 2 weeks behind and

Studio posted:

Lmao Lulu and Lala
Though to be fair I also gag when I’m trying to eat onion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It's funny going into what is 99% a non elimination leg. I'm feeling very "I just hope the racers have a good time" :)

njsykora posted:

I got caught up from being 2 weeks behind and

Though to be fair I also gag when I’m trying to eat onion.

It was the whole package. Eating 2 souvlakis, finding the pitstop, just perfect