Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

stev posted:

Stop making Harpreet reinvent and relaunch her fully established business. What's the point.
It looked like they edited pretty closely around Katherine saying she didn't care about the branding as it was a pointless exercise. And she called constant attention to the artificiality of doing it in two days.

Format is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
here we are in the british museum, i want you to convince me that your business has the same mass appeal as this museum :confused:

right okay so it's not going to be the one who co-owns a cafe in yorkshire with her sister then is it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
how can you have a dessert parlour for all that time and not have thought of a name

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
loool superb i look forward to seeing the headline about her shafting her sister out of her place in what was a fairly successful small business only to go on to sink it

(on the front of TV Quick, possibly)

(if it's a slow week in the soaps)

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Dessert shops make up like 25% of all British high streets, they are beyond saturated.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I honestly thought they were all money laundering operations like this import sweet shops that never have anyone in them but somehow afford to pay central london rent

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i hope she's an absolute loving nightmare for him :hehe:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

i hope she's an absolute loving nightmare for him :hehe:

I doubt he'll ever interact with her again other than obligatory joint interviews etc. The man gives zero shits about any of these businesses anymore. His investment is next to nothing.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I was surprised Harps won only because doesn't Sugar have a dessert apprentice already? I think it was a series I skipped. He invested in a sweets business too that time both finalists won. Maybe just going all in on the Sugar.

e: yes, Alana in 2016 had a cakes and chocolate business, also Carina in '19 had a bakery. Sarah in '17 had the sweets by post thing.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 27, 2022

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

stev posted:

I doubt he'll ever interact with her again other than obligatory joint interviews etc. The man gives zero shits about any of these businesses anymore. His investment is next to nothing.

I worked it out that Sugar's £250k investment is 1/4800th of his wealth... equivalent to about £40 for someone with £200k in savings (apparently average for a 50 year old).

Even if they earn him an extra million in the first year that's the equivalent of £160 - hardly with getting out of bed for.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i liked that brittany's little rhyme added a touch of Knightmare to the final

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she also looked the part of the kind of friendly character who'd turn up on Knightmare to give a clue, there

full of energy and really eager for an acting gig

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

she also looked the part of the kind of friendly character who'd turn up on Knightmare to give a clue, there

full of energy and really eager for an acting gig

She'd probably be a decent CBBC presenter actually.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Or to put it in context for non UK folk, LORD ALAN SUGAR'S BIG BUCKS INVESTMENT of £250k would not buy you a one bedroom apartment within a 45 minute radius of central London

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As true now as it was then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss-59fi4nM

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Gordon Ramsey is doing cookery apprentice now, seems https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0015yj1

sugar will be so sore if he gets better ratings :hehe:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Lewis from the 2019 series is on this sex house program on C4 right now.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Anyone watch the Food Apprentice, Gordon Ramsay's Future Food Stars? And is there interest for a thread if so? I hate him so much and I already hate this show but in a nicer way than I hate Lord Sugar and the Apprentice. At least this one shows me my favourite thing: food. Expensive mushrooms, massive team tantrums and cliffjumping - Sugar's going to throw a fit about it on Twitter soon I'm sure.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 2, 2022

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010

eating only apples posted:

Anyone watch the Food Apprentice, Gordon Ramsay's Future Food Stars? And is there interest for a thread if so? I hate him so much and I already hate this show but in a nicer way than I hate Lord Sugar and the Apprentice. At least this one shows me my favourite thing: food. Expensive mushrooms, massive team tantrums and cliffjumping - Sugar's going to throw a fit about it on Twitter soon I'm sure.

Not heard of it or seen it, but is this literally just a renamed Hell's Kitchen? I could easily imagine them sticking a new branding on it once the old one wore off.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Austen Tassletine posted:

Not heard of it or seen it, but is this literally just a renamed Hell's Kitchen? I could easily imagine them sticking a new branding on it once the old one wore off.

Nah it seems to be more like the Apprentice than a straight up cooking show. From the ads it seems the prize is a tiny investment into a restaurant and it's determined through mostly irrelevant nonsensical challenges.

Apparently it was bad and no one watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

stev posted:

Nah it seems to be more like the Apprentice than a straight up cooking show. From the ads it seems the prize is a tiny investment into a restaurant and it's determined through mostly irrelevant nonsensical challenges.

Apparently it was bad and no one watched it.

It's had one episode and I watched it!! It's entirely up this thread's street, garbage people competing for a garbage prize from a garbage rich man!

e: actually the people seem quite nice and have genuinely nice food businesses, which is where it diverges from the Apprentice