Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
I always like their goofy intro skits (this one included), but "the only woman is repeatedly gaslit, interrupted, and ignored; things only move forward when she takes it upon herself to thanklessly mother oblivious men" is some impressively dark social commentary for a lighthearted, goofy intro skit!

Been looking forward to AGDQ for a while. Not familiar with too many of the runs and/or games today, but that's half the fun :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

you should learn touch grass any%
:hmmyes:

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Teddybear posted:

"now we got some bad RNG, it's snowing, so it will take a bit of doing to get down to the grass, but we can use a back-up strat we call shovel tech-- okay, nice, time"
If you open up the little window at the top of the wall, you can reach outside without having to leave the basement. But that's more of a credits warp from the title screen kind of thing

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
What a legend. Great run.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
Lmao I can't believe that happened

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
I missed the previous GeoGuessr speedruns and never got around to watching the VODs, so this was the first one I've seen. Gonna have to go back and watch 'em, cause that run was nuts! *Glances at some random farm* "Obviously we're in [country]." Amazing.

Also,

Agrias120 posted:

mods please give me this and the sonic argick gang tags please tyvm

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Kestral posted:

Since some GDQ staff read this thread, I just want to say, thank you for having Prize Crew (and hopefully everyone around them) in N95s. Cloth and surgical masks have never sufficed against SARS-CoV-2, and certainly not against omicron. I appreciate your not only taking the health and safety of your personnel seriously, but also setting good examples for everyone watching by normalizing the use of good PPE.
Thanks from me as well. It's been great to see this.

Chainclaw posted:

I did it, I sort of made it into my first GDQ! I designed, laser cut, and donated these Link's Awakening prizes, super cool to see them on screen. GDQ prizes are a big influence that got me into making these.
Awesome, those look loving sweet. Congrats!

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
Love that the LTTP run was just an hour of pure black magic. About three quarters of the way though, I remembered GDQ runs have to be done on original hardware, and I started to feel a little bad for the SNES and cartridge though.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
Nice work CartridgeBlowers!

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000