Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

yes that is Mike Uyama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I think it's a combination of things. Piggybacking off MAGfest helped, but I think it was also right place right time in terms of a (relative) boom in speedrunning popularity. It's also tbqh a testament to the work the GDQ people have done to make the event accessible and prevent gamers using gamer words and poo poo.

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

This year's stream has been so great I want to go back and watch some of the old AGDQs and SGDQs. Any stand out runs I should check out, preferably with good/fun commentary? Thanks

The finales are almost always good. TGH's Undertale run from like 2017(?) stands out to me as an amazing finale

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I wanted to see what Narcissa was up to these days so I searched for her YouTube channel and holy poo poo the first like 6 results are like 1hour+ plus videos called "internet legend to internet trashfire" or "the downfall of Narcissa" and poo poo. Did she actually do anything other than be visibly trans online?