Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm excited for the games being done quick, and expect, some day, for them to troll us and have an awesome games done slow marathon where its nothing but people who have never played videogames before desperately trying to finish their first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nioh is like someone said, hey, Barudak, we know you weren't a huge fan of the direction souls games went, what if we went in a direction you liked even less? Thats right, gently caress on off

Barudak
May 7, 2007

site posted:

opening with a girlbutt game is pro tier move imo

Could have been boybutt but the fans get what the fans want

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

It's like the 3rd boss and he's already doing thousands of damage. Is this normal game progression or did I miss why he became so powerful

Just a high damage number game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pants tech

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man, the graphics in this game are just wasted on me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Everytime I watch a speedrun for this I feel even stupider

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beyond Oasis and Phantasy Star IV were why a friend of mine was a ride or die genesis kid and frankly, yeah, theyre dope

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Uh, so like, after both the title no major glitches and their explanation I guess I wasn't expecting this many glitches still to be available

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

I do not know what a Chicory is but I'm ready for Punchy.

Chicory got a pretty good score in game of the year voting, so prepare to wishlist.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Kena was cool as heck and I wishlisted it

I really like learning about cool games from these marathons

Same. Not kena, but the game finding

Barudak
May 7, 2007

God the PS5 is ugly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah, dev commentary is always good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stux posted:

hes right. its the worst looking console ever made. also this game is obsessed with eyes?

Its a speed run so Im not expecting an explanation, but its unexpected based on the start and art otherwise

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I'm rooting for everybody to have a good time

I am also doing this, but a couple frames faster

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Keyboard made entirely of clacking bones

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

"I'm gonna give this a couple tries in case it doesn't work."

"No it worked. I'm sick."

Immediately eats poo poo.

Let they who hast not done this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The male gamer wards away potential rivals with the clacking of his keyboard

Barudak
May 7, 2007

IMJack posted:

Get this man his insulin STAT

Popping Insulin like champagne bottles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Serious Sam 4 is a game I quit during the first level, and boy this run is not changing my mind

Barudak
May 7, 2007

elentar posted:

what is the purpose of the Serious Sam series

When Serious Sam First and Second Encounter came out, it was "look our game engine can put absolute truckloads of enemies on screen, so many that much of the gameplay is run backwards shooting". Then they made Serious Sam 2 which was an absolutely wild and overstuffed with content and art game trying to mold Serious Sam into a slightly more go forward shooter. This failed horribly, so they vowed not to do that again and now serious sam games are either spinoffs made by 5 ukranians in a bunker living entirely on vodka and ps1 demodiscs or mainline games built on the bones of a failed modern day middle east call of duty shooter knock off that sucks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

I was given to understand that Serious Sam was a fast-paced arena shooter, at least back in the day, but this one appears to be, like...worse Titanfall?

No offense to the runner, he's doing a great job, but the game isn't really backing him up here.

Serious Sam 3 is one of the absolute brownest shooters ever made, it is king brown, and was made when their middle east shooter game got canceled. Suddenly a game about hoards of wacky enemies got shoved into a realistic art style, boring modern weapons, and slower and clunkier movement. Serious Sam 4 looked at 3 and went, yes, more of that please and feels like its a very expensive shooter made in poser

Serious Sam 4 is on gamepass if you want to try it, and it is awful

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

Well that sounds just awful. My condolences to the Serious Sam fans.

e: good Lord this was released in 2020, it does not look it!

I told you, this game is outrageously ugly.

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass (real original title), was promoted as having the capbility to have 1,000,000 enemies in a battle at once. Its still in the game, but you may have noticed you'ce already forgotten where in this game it was used.

Also, to really capture how much Serious Sam 2's failure broke Croteams minds, serious sam 3 takes place before Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam 4 takes place before Serious Sam 3. Serious Sam 2, not second encounter, Serious Sam 2, was also not included in the complete collection of Serious Sam for so long (like a decade+) that most people don't realize Second Encounter isn't the actual Serious Sam 2.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 11, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where the hell is my Disco Elysium Speedrun

Im unironicaly super interested in FFXIII speed run since my best is like 18 hours so like, wanna see them glitches

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Marathon is a game with fantastic level titles and loving labyrinthine levels and I hope the designer of Colony Ship For Sale Cheap never has their toast toasted all the way through.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

The layout says this game's from 2007, I'm surprised, it looks like a contemporary of Doom, Quake, Dark Forces etc

Xbox 360 remaster, the original game was a contemporary and the reason to game on macs

Edit: My gamertag was the marathon logo from this game until I got sick of the small icon glitch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wish he could have shown the double shotgun. Not that the shot gun has double barrels, that you can hold two of them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yesssss he showed it off

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I demand a vidmaster run

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He is not underselling that marathon levels are vast and often have multiple route to where you need to go

Barudak
May 7, 2007

elentar posted:

this is bringing up memories of the one dedicated Mac gamer on staff trying to handsell every customer who came into our Egghead Computers store this series in particular and getting nowhere because they were all just there to buy productivity software and a mouse and like maybe Tomb Raider if they weren't too embarrassed and leave

The quintessential Marathon experience

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Well this sure looks like a PS1 game.

Wait toll you see the draw distance

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mission Failed, run over, this is probably the most brutal speed run on the stage today

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think its years of banning, subs only, people aging, and the community becoming a thing that can push back

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well where a mech dies an astalon rises

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My man, you keep saying roguelike when you mean metroidvania or search action or navigation platformer or whatever the gently caress were calling them this week.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Willow the game seems to be 99% walking in empty corridors and for some reason its not listed as a Walking Sim which is bullshit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait, is this not a megaman romhack released 6 years ago?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blank Construct posted:

5 hour ffxiii run, time to catch up with the good stuff I missed.

This is gonna be the good stuff.

Seriously, Im super super interested too see how a sub 20 hour rpg Ive beaten 3 times gets trimmed to 5 hours. I don't think Im watch all 5 hours interested mind you because, uh, its five hours.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make with the best mainline final fantasy game come on I want to see how you break this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

FF 13 is probably the mainline game I know the least about. Feels like barely anyone ever talks about it.

Its very devisive because while the combat is the best in the series it requires a lot of changing your mindset and actually reading the tutorials which nobody is gonna do and hoooooooboy is the plot and equipment system dogshit