Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gender destroyed just in time for Spider Block, day 2 proving to be very smartly planned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wrex Ruckus posted:

this is the spider block? X4 does have a spider boss...

According to Edo a little bit ago, yes they appear to have given her all the games where spiders are present.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm rooting for everybody to have a good time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Layouts are clean, solid, thick, tight, and lookin toned. A+ work. The wall of emotes that spin and honk randomly is a bit of mystery to me tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

3 minute world record while doing commentary the whole time holy poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flesnolk posted:

I'm a little confused, the commentator mentioned someone in chat saying world record is 47 minutes or so but apparently 53 is? If it was a different category I would've expected the commentator to say that as opposed to just going "nah"

In game time versus real time. Games that track time minus loads and cutscenes and whatnot have tracking of those things to keep it all fair across all platforms and consoles

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Across countless marathons where this has been run, every single time I check in it's the characters running along a narrow platform in an impossibly cavernous space. I'm starting to suspect this is just what the game is

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the open world is just really weird because it's still as empty as the corridors

i dunno i just really dislike the lack of exploration/discovery in this game. coming after 12 which had so much to do and so much to explore, it was a bummer

TBF XII TZA has more post-game content than a lot of games have in their entirety. The speedruns are also fun because the built in speedup and gambit system means a lot of it has the sort of furious pacing you never see in RPG runs.

I bounced hard off X because it felt like it was just endless corridors so I never even considered giving XIII a try

fake edit - lmao I forgot about that animation

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Catching up on horror block and that Paon run was amazing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the looks of ecstatic joy on these runners when they hit these insane tricks is the best part

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

How come the elites are the only aliens in the Halo series that end up being chill with you eventually

Class solidarity

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It had some fun clips at least, and I never played Halo after 1 so seeing your Spartan leaping around like a fortnite character was funny to watch

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Made a mistake listening to this inside my echoing chamber of reflection

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ah Splatoon, just the time for cursed energy itt

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The void hungers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

This is what happens when you speedrun shitposting

Is hellbanning a soft lock in this scenario

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think somebody rolled a chair wheel over the internet come in or the internet go out tube

Edit- unbelievable

Edit 2 - outrageous

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

These rhythm showcases are one of the best parts of GDQ going online only, for me. Really love watching them.

A lot of people complain about showcases but I'll take stuff like this or a guitar hero showcase or whatever over a 450th 8 minute NES platformer speedrun. Best of all these types are the ones with DDR style setups that can't travel so before and after online-only we'd never be exposed to

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

So like, Im biased, but if your not dancing this rythm game does less for me.

Stationary rhythm games like dark souls and kingdom hearts have been mainstays for years, theres no reason this cant be expanded to less mobile arcade setups

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oooooh yeah baby at long last there's the best song in the rotation

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:sickos:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Give me your money

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what in tarnation

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Very civil of them to talk up the least worst spear aspect as though it's good - just use the Fists folks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

I wish I liked Hades, but the problem is me not the game because "roguelike" or "roguelite" on your list of bullet points translates to "Barudak, you're not playing this for more than 2 hours"

On the flip side, it's literally the only roguelike/lite that I've played that I didn't absolutely despise. I've hit the epilogue and gotten all chibis lol, a real gem

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I should buy Hades.

It's good. Not good at roguelite combat? Just mash dash strike over and over until you hit the credits

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kestral posted:

What's the purpose of the fishing?

mats for run-to-run upgrades

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cernunnos posted:

Which for the runners means nothing. But some community people bountied donations per fish caught so they're grabbing them for charity

ya, the IGT stops for fishing so for some runs (and for marathon ones) there is no downside to fishing for stuff as a meme

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hades is simultaneously one of the best rougelikes of all time while also being the only one of the type worth playing if you aren't completely insane. I'd never recommend anybody play Caves of Qud for example, but I've sold many on Hades

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh I love Caves of Qud, but it's still hard as hell to recommend and it's only after the roleplay mode update that lets me save at settlements

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YorexTheMad posted:

Any clue why they play at heat 15? EM2 they explained, but not the rest.

Some settings will make it harder on paper but eliminate things like Thanatos rooms that are slow as all hell and everything spawning super fast is similar

Edit - same reason they will likely go for the elite rooms after Elysium, final room is just way faster

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

ASCII for GDQ when?

Incentive, $100,000:

E E E E E

E E E E E d

E E E E E

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't remember dash spam being so powerful when I played. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Dash spam has always been this powerful

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you do a Poseidon build you dont even need to attack

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cerberus is real, and he is my friend

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kuros posted:

I've gotten up to a level 40 Poseidon dash before, what a funny way to play the game.

Right up there with a Hermes and Zag fists dodge build, think my personal record is getting up to 94% dodge

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

EM4 Hades in like 10 seconds? Sure why not

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reminds me that I need to try for the last chibi, Hypnos, because I'm pretty sure it was bugged when I put like 200 hours into the game but appears to be fixed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder what an "All SA References%" run would look like