Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Third time's the charm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I like the new overlay but what are those three rows of icons to the left of the name supposed to represent?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Whoa they sell scampus plushies? Gotta get me one of those.

E: they appear to be out of my price range, having been limited run and Japan- only, rip

MuffiTuffiWuffi fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 9, 2022

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wait wait wait so is the scampuss protecting from blue fire a bug, or... like, a mechanic?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wow that Axiom Verge 2 run really just skipped...the whole game. No kidding about Major Glitches.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

oh no the head glitch persists into cutscenes, this is terrifying

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I was given to understand that Serious Sam was a fast-paced arena shooter, at least back in the day, but this one appears to be, like...worse Titanfall?

No offense to the runner, he's doing a great job, but the game isn't really backing him up here.

e: okay this is unfair to the runner but I'm kinda just wishing this were a Titanfall 2 run now, that's a great run.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Barudak posted:

Serious Sam 3 is one of the absolute brownest shooters ever made, it is king brown, and was made when their middle east shooter game got canceled. Suddenly a game about hoards of wacky enemies got shoved into a realistic art style, boring modern weapons, and slower and clunkier movement. Serious Sam 4 looked at 3 and went, yes, more of that please and feels like its a very expensive shooter made in poser

Serious Sam 4 is on gamepass if you want to try it, and it is awful

Well that sounds just awful. My condolences to the Serious Sam fans.

e: good Lord this was released in 2020, it does not look it!

MuffiTuffiWuffi fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 11, 2022

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This guy's got a good energy, we're off to a good start.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

"Observe the nice...walls. The sewage." This commentary is wonderful.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Huh, he went pretty far under estimate.

That was a good run with good commentary! Strong recommend. I'd like to watch Beast Wars but I'm also starting to pass out.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

They have a Paon run!? I can definitely wait for an hour or so for that.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Soon it will be time for Paon.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

yessssss it's everything i wished for

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I can't stop laughing

easily my favorite run so far, even if it was 15 minutes under estimate

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I know nothing about Three Dirty Dwarves but the name is promising. Plus, Lizstar is the one who did Mr. Bones. So, let's see how this goes.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

NOW WE MUST POUND THE EARTH

no, seriously, what is going on in this cutscene

e: so they burned up in atmosphere right?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Gotta give it to the devs, "Orc being attacked by a pack of dogs" is a really novel enemy.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Game did not disappoint.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

DanielCross posted:

I love that the hard part of this run is not the insane WrongWarp, but just fighting the final boss with no gear.

No gear? He's got an invisible deku stick! What more do you need?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

What was that supposed to be a remix of, anyways?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Kikas posted:

AWFUL
They play the games,
of questionable quality
for our entertainment
BLOCK

yeeeesss it's time

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

oh no it's live action

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Oh my God this game is hideous, what the hell, why would you make it like this

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Every single screen transition takes like, five seconds.

Shoenin posted:

It was the 90's.
We did this live action into games stuff all the time. It worked big time with MK, but you'd mostly see poo poo like this and Pit Fighter.

These "90's" you speak of sound very cursed.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

dammit, developers, you can't just name everything in the game by turning words backwards, that's not how naming works!!!

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

He's describing how they filmed people on treadmills and made claymation monsters and it's, like, that seems like a huge amount of effort for a waaaaay worse result than just...doing art, like all the other Zelda games. Even the other CD-I Zelda games! It's baffling.

e: was it some kinda cost-saving thing? I refuse to believe that anybody intentionally made this look like this

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

finally, it's done

oh goddammit the music starts and starts for every room, hahahahaha

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Well at least the music track's different for this section. Also wtf are these ambulatory fleshball things

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

UED Special Ops posted:

...Was... was that a rainbow dog? Right then.

Runner doesn't know either, apparently.

Also we just rode a bird. And the shrine has ice physics, hahahahaha...haaa.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

That floating ice face thing is genuinely terrifying.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

There's no way that this game could have spent 2 years in QA, that's surely a mistake he made right?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

There are 7 distinct people who have registered runs in this game, proof that speedrunners are mad fools who must be stopped at any costs.

e: whoa, the loch ness monster is a random encounter, this game has everything

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

IMJack posted:

I'm wondering when the retro-style-game movement will get around to photo sprites and FMV video of game devs in silly costumes

e: someone is gonna remind me how behind the curve i am by pointing out some kind of thriving photosprite-game movement

please no, we do not need more of this art style in the world.

e: did we just get threatened by a jello monster?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Gonna start adding "...and I am STRONG!" to the ends of all of my sentences.

e: lol at all the backstory for Mr. And I Am STRONG

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wait what are we collecting again, I thought it was the triforce or something but we've gotten more than 3 of them right?

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

RADICAL DUDE, TOTALLY!

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This shrine is viscerally awful to look at. Like. I mean. A lot of the game's awful to look at but this one kind of makes me queasy.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wait what happened did Zelda just get banished to the shadow realm? Kinda wishing they didn't talk over that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

This is the most underwhelming boss rush in the history of boss rushes.