Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SlothfulCobra posted:

In theory, he was fine at bullseyeing whomp rats back on Tattooine, and from that standpoint it makes sense that maybe he could just get rid of some extra piece of gear distracting him and complicating things, and just use the abilities he knows he has.

There's also a theory that force-sensitive people just have it active all the time and going as a bonus helping them in everything they do, with the added implication that probably most people who are really good at something in Star Wars may have some undiagnosed, untrained latent force sensitivity. I think that's what KOTOR 2 was trying to imply. But then KOTOR 2 had some real bad ideas about the Force.

KotOR2 was implying (and by imply, I mean outright says) that force-users depend on it, and if you take it away from them, they're worse off if they never had it at all. They spell it out for you.

quote:

"Yes, and what are they without the Force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it, more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster, as they try to hold a lightsaber, and you will see nothing more than a woman – or a man. A child."

In summary, KotOR2 is great because the Force is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That explanation really only holds for the first movie, even by Empire it's already including telekinesis and super jumps. Plus, KotOR was also made post-prequels and at that point it's definitely just a full array of video game super powers.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 16, 2022

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Liam Neeson only died because Obi-Wan forgot that his powers included super-speed, you can do whatever you want with the force, it's just another word for magic.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It was an awkward situation, which is why if I become a famous actor I will make sure that I never die.