Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

If I remember right, Dan and Jordan have discussed Ye going on before and came to the conclusion that Alex wouldn't actually want him on: he's richer, more famous and more popular than Alex and as such Alex has no power over him. I think they were right and more importantly I think Alex knew that, which begs the question: was this a desperate gamble or did Alex have an ill-timed moment of delusion and think "I can do what Tim Pool couldn't"? How much has the weight of the lawsuits - now far more than just an abstract future threat - tipped his risk/reward judgment?

I don't know but I'm looking forward to hearing Jordan scream so hard he shatters glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oh boy, does this mean Ali Alexander is also in Ye's circle now?

Between him, Owens, Milo, and Fuentes, Ye's assembling a Grifter Megazord of poo poo.

Staggy posted:

If I remember right, Dan and Jordan have discussed Ye going on before and came to the conclusion that Alex wouldn't actually want him on: he's richer, more famous and more popular than Alex and as such Alex has no power over him. I think they were right and more importantly I think Alex knew that, which begs the question: was this a desperate gamble or did Alex have an ill-timed moment of delusion and think "I can do what Tim Pool couldn't"? How much has the weight of the lawsuits - now far more than just an abstract future threat - tipped his risk/reward judgment?

I don't know but I'm looking forward to hearing Jordan scream so hard he shatters glass.

Part of it had to be ego, but I think he's mostly desperate; Musk pretty much killed his only chance of getting back on a major social platform and he needs new revenue streams, so the risk of Ye doing exactly what he did here would be worth it if he brings in new eyes and customers. I don't think he will and Alex probably knew that, but he's not able to be picky now

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
He even broke DJ Danarchy
https://twitter.com/DJDanarchy/status/1598412104997937158?s=20&t=CcvheHHfNdgd1PgpGJ_kWQ
:(

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Alex rather famously does not play video games, so I shudder to think what he interprets an "NPC" to mean.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Maybe Danarchy can't find the funny in this, but I personally think it is hilarious watching Alex Jones desperately try to toe the line of not coming across as an outright antisemite/holocaust denier and simultaneously not alienating his antisemite, holocaust denier fans, all while Ye sits five feet away from him and follows up his every attempt with "okay, but the holocaust literally didn't happen and Hitler was a great man and I hate Jews. Don't you agree?"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ariong posted:

Maybe Danarchy can't find the funny in this, but I personally think it is hilarious watching Alex Jones desperately try to toe the line of not coming across as an outright antisemite/holocaust denier and simultaneously not alienating his antisemite, holocaust denier fans, all while Ye sits five feet away from him and follows up his every attempt with "okay, but the holocaust literally didn't happen and Hitler was a great man and I hate Jews. Don't you agree?"

DJ Danarchy's point is: try putting that context into a song with drops from the interview. It'll just end up sounding like fascist propaganda feat. Ye

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Devor posted:

DJ Danarchy's point is: try putting that context into a song with drops from the interview. It'll just end up sounding like fascist propaganda feat. Ye

He ain’t fuckin wrong. There isn’t a way to do it and it’s completely sensible to not give it a shot

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What time/zone do episodes normally release, out of interest? I wouldn't normally be bothered, but this episode promises to be a banger and I'm curious if it'll be (roughly) early evening GMT, midnight etc for me due to timezones.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

tsob posted:

What time/zone do episodes normally release, out of interest? I wouldn't normally be bothered, but this episode promises to be a banger and I'm curious if it'll be (roughly) early evening GMT, midnight etc for me due to timezones.

They said today’s episode would be released sometime in the afternoon (so, probably 1-4pm central). IIRC, last time they had an afternoon release, it was closer to the later half of that estimation.

Usually, though, the episodes drop around midnight central, but sounds like the magnitude of what went on delayed it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Whatever is coming down the pike is gonna be interesting.

I trust Dan that he's not taking his time drinking hard seltzers and eating ice cream, so he must be up to something.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AlfredoFilmGeek/status/1598713079952707584

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Xiahou Dun posted:

Whatever is coming down the pike is gonna be interesting.

I trust Dan that he's not taking his time drinking hard seltzers and eating ice cream, so he must be up to something.

I would bet that Dan is fretting about how much is “too much” when it comes to clips containing hate speech. Commentary vs promulgation is one of his ethical hobby horses. I don’t blame him.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Marsupial Ape posted:

I would bet that Dan is fretting about how much is “too much” when it comes to clips containing hate speech. Commentary vs promulgation is one of his ethical hobby horses. I don’t blame him.

Or it’s just 4 hours long. Or ten other things, or all at once.

I’m not worried or nothing. Dan is very good at his job so I’m sure I’ll be happy whenever it comes out.

I’m not impatient, just as it goes longer I keep thinking “Daaaayum, he must be really working hard.”

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’m not worried or nothing. Dan is very good at his job so I’m sure I’ll be happy whenever it comes out.

I’m not impatient, just as it goes longer I keep thinking “Daaaayum, he must be really working hard.”

Same. Thank Dan for Dan.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

I would bet that they are gonna almost hit the entire interview, so however long it was x3 at least

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The episode is showing for me in Pocketcasts, having shown up sometime in the last few minutes. Why, yes I have been :f5:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

rotinaj posted:

I would bet that they are gonna almost hit the entire interview, so however long it was x3 at least

It's up and it's 3h39m so probably like x2

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

tsob posted:

The episode is showing for me in Pocketcasts, having shown up sometime in the last few minutes. Why, yes I have been :f5:

gently caress you, stupid iOS default podcast app I’m too lazy to change.

I’ve got a mess of drugs and a pile of crosswords ; this is my plan for the night because I’m precisely that cool.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've still got 1h45m left from the last episode lmao

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

KitConstantine posted:

It's up and it's 3h39m

Ah, a short episode

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

FFT posted:

I've still got 1h45m left from the last episode lmao

Just skip to the newer one imo. It's also kanye and nick but longer and MUCH more unhinged. You can come back to the prior ep for the Fuentes background coverage after

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Xiahou Dun posted:

gently caress you, stupid iOS default podcast app I’m too lazy to change.

I’ve got a mess of drugs and a pile of crosswords ; this is my plan for the night because I’m precisely that cool.

Is it bad that I'm envious of you? 'Cause I'm playing Rogue Legacy 2 on Switch in bed while listening to the episode. So you know, the bar can always be lower.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Good way to start 9 straight days off of work.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

tsob posted:

Is it bad that I'm envious of you? 'Cause I'm playing Rogue Legacy 2 on Switch in bed while listening to the episode. So you know, the bar can always be lower.

Nah we’re doing cousins of the same plan. I just planned ahead and went to the dispensary today.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am trying to figure out if I listen to half of it tonight and half tomorrow or just do the whole thing on a long car ride tomorrow.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O holy gently caress Ye is just reading a list of offensive Jewish jokes. Like a child’s joke book for racist.

Just reading ‘em out.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

O holy gently caress Ye is just reading a list of offensive Jewish jokes. Like a child’s joke book for racist.

Just reading ‘em out.

Lol it gets so much worse. I listened to the latter half of the "interview" in real time and :tviv:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yay, my spotify finally updat...OH MY GOD THAT RUN TIME! :stare:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

Lol it gets so much worse. I listened to the latter half of the "interview" in real time and :tviv:

Yeah I'm two hours in and it's gotten so crazy that Ye mentioned "when Moses saved Caesar from falling in battle" and it just goes by uncommented because that's nothing anymore.

This episode owns. For broke-brained KF-enjoyment values of "own".

Edit : “No there’s LOT of things I love about Hitllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr…” is a loving quote, yo.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 3, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
This show is pretty lit. It's lit lit lit lit lit lit. We're all crazy here the whole world is crazy.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It’s a new level of crazy that has taken us past our tolerance level and it all feels fresh and wonderful, again. We’ve gone and caught the fuckin’ dragon.

The only way it gets better than this is if Ye decides to beef with JorDan. There’s no way this doesn’t end up on Kanye’s self-google alert.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Rust Cohle putting on joker makeup and pressing play on this episode.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Wild loving episode.

Practically high on it. Also drugs.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Ah, a short episode

In remember coming off the old eps and thinking "awww, it's only 2 hours long"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Staggy posted:

Well, Alex was probably drunk

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I am reminded how supermarkets often use three variations of a product. One highly-priced one, one low-priced one, and one in the middle that has the largest margin for the supermarket.

I don't know who I'd put on the low or high shelf here, but Nick Fuentes is squarely on the middle shelf and that's why he's on that show.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus this interview is far more damning than I thought

I’m almost impressed as to how mask off this all is.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

What struck me most of all from this episode was that until now I hadn't really appreciated what actual mask-off looked like. What a wild ride.

And while Ye shouldn't be absolved of any responsibility for the bullshit he spouted, I have a special hatred for the slimy Nick/Milo/etc. entourage.

Pirate Radar posted:

Well, Alex was probably drunk

You mean lit.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

teen witch posted:

Jesus this interview is far more damning than I thought

I’m almost impressed as to how mask off this all is.

Even in light of the RWM's reaction to the Club Q shooting, it's something. It's... very concerning, especially if more people follow in Ye's wake.

I can just picture how smug Fuentes looked during that entire interview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly the craziest thing ye said was that Chappelle steals all his jokes from Owen Benjamin. That might be the most insane thing anyone has ever said