Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Staggy posted:

What struck me most of all from this episode was that until now I hadn't really appreciated what actual mask-off looked like. What a wild ride.

And while Ye shouldn't be absolved of any responsibility for the bullshit he spouted, I have a special hatred for the slimy Nick/Milo/etc. entourage.

You mean lit.

Well that last episode where they were shining a light on Fuentes was really eye opening and lovely. Like his "analogy" was literally that the "white" team was facing off against the "colored" team and the loser was getting killed, just absolute Nazi poo poo except for saying "globalists" while smirking instead of... What he's letting Kanye do now.

And he was fielding questions from his horrible Nazi fans like "when are you going to go full red pill" and... Kanye deserves lots of blame but he's also totally getting used. Fuentes is totally using Kanye/riding his coattails and taking his shot to fully take down a black billionaire while mainstreaming the sort of antisemitism he's wanted to have out there since he was 18 and it's totally disgusting to see.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the episode yet but I'm sure this at least came up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

twerking on the railroad posted:

Well that last episode where they were shining a light on Fuentes was really eye opening and lovely. Like his "analogy" was literally that the "white" team was facing off against the "colored" team and the loser was getting killed, just absolute Nazi poo poo except for saying "globalists" while smirking instead of... What he's letting Kanye do now.

And he was fielding questions from his horrible Nazi fans like "when are you going to go full red pill" and... Kanye deserves lots of blame but he's also totally getting used. Fuentes is totally using Kanye/riding his coattails and taking his shot to fully take down a black billionaire while mainstreaming the sort of antisemitism he's wanted to have out there since he was 18 and it's totally disgusting to see.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the episode yet but I'm sure this at least came up.

Would you like to a make a gentleman’s wager.

Nick barely talks

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I can't believe Ye cost me a deposition episode. That legitimately makes me angrier than any of the rest of it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I can't believe Ye cost me a deposition episode. That legitimately makes me angrier than any of the rest of it.

Yeah it was insane and felt very momentous but at the end of the day deposition eps remain king.

loving love depositions.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Ye has gone to far now he took away Alex's stackies.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

twerking on the railroad posted:

"I agree with Ye"

But yeah, all of these people circling around to use him and his insanity to push their own agendas/grifts is absolutely reprehensible. The only silver lining being the "mask on" people like Pim Tool or Alex getting lashed out at during this.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Ye made Alex throw away his stackies and Ali openly mocked him on air on his own show.

It feel like I listened to the psychic assassination of Alex Jones.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Here is a bit of schadenfreude to make up for having to listen to this schemer for the two latest episodes
https://mobile.twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/status/1599083174336036864

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a Whataburger or does Texas have In&Out?

Read something from one of the FB groups that said the Bandwidth bill from all the people watching Ye is what forced Alex to file for personal bankruptcy. He was always going to file, but this made him file earlier than he planned. He might be able to dodge the bill if he's actively in bankruptcy

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Bandwidth is cheap and typically billed at the end of the month. It's an excuse.

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Read something from one of the FB groups that said the Bandwidth bill from all the people watching Ye is what forced Alex to file for personal bankruptcy. He was always going to file, but this made him file earlier than he planned. He might be able to dodge the bill if he's actively in bankruptcy

There are a few in and out burgers in Austin. One down south near the studio.

Should have milk shaked that slimy gently caress

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Didn't Dan say as much at the end of the episode? I thought he had at least. It'd be pretty funny if the thing that sunk Alex was him bringing on a major celebrity he couldn't even control and that created so much traffic it hosed him financially as well as undercutting him in front of his audience because they're so full throated about their heinous opinions talk in front of and even over him on his own show; especially when it may have left Alex not only financially drained, but emotionally drained to because he realized he had no control, and was being out played at his own game to some extent.

Antigravitas posted:

Bandwidth is cheap and typically billed at the end of the month. It's an excuse.

I mean, conceivably with someone you know is in financial trouble like Alex a company might be keeping an eye on payments more closely, and checking he can make them after major expenses come through. If it was an excuse then he probably wouldn't have bothered cutting it for one, and would more than likely have used it as a spring board to hawk products and beg for donations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Total nonsense, Alex had already filed for bankruptcy before the interview and it would be an insanely tiny amount to the amount he owes from the lawsuit. Also it was personal bankruptcy, not the company bankruptcy (which was filed months ago) and the company would be the one paying the bill anyway.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Piell posted:

Total nonsense

I prefer the myth making that Alex’s Hail Mary play to turn his fortunes around back fired so hard it ruined him personally.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alex muttering “you got a thing for his wife” when Ye brought up that guy’s wife for the umpteenth time was the most astute observation he’s ever done. Made me laugh.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’m surprised Ali is even allowed on the show, I thought it was an open secret he snitched on J6 defendants to save himself.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Alex doesn't like the January 6 guys. On January 6 when it started getting hot, Alex switched gears real fast to "this is a false flag" and high tailed it out.

Can't grift money in the middle of an insurrection.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

My favroite part was Alex asking how Kanye knew Laura Loomer, showing just how deep jnto the right wing grift sphere he is.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BigRed0427 posted:

My favroite part was Alex asking how Kanye knew Laura Loomer, showing just how deep jnto the right wing grift sphere he is.

The funniest part to me was the Loom Dawg calling in 5 seconds after Kanye said she should and Jordan saying " I'm not busy"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Whos Anders Brevick and what episode was it?

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BigRed0427 posted:

Anders Breivik did the 2011 Norway attacks, and it's episode #198

FFT fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 4, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

O you're in for a treat.

So long as "treat" is read in a depressed, sarcastic tone.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1599532632710479872?t=8Bm8FuzeRqO3jO4sA0bewQ&s=19

The boys deserve a break after this.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What's even going to happen with Infowars now that Alex has declared bankruptcy and couldn't pay his bandwidth? Or will that even have any notable effect on the site/Alex?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Was coming to post this.

And as much as I'm gasping for that Formulaic Objections episode, yeah, Dan needs a loving break. I hope he's slow-sipping a beer and hanging out with his cat right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tsob posted:

What's even going to happen with Infowars now that Alex has declared bankruptcy and couldn't pay his bandwidth? Or will that even have any notable effect on the site/Alex?

The bankruptcy isn't because he has no money. It is because he owes far more than he has. He has hundreds of millions squirreled away, yes, but he also personally owes over a billion and a half to various people. Jones and Free Speech Systems, LLC are very liquid and have fucktons of money - just not billions.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The bankruptcy isn't because he has no money. It is because he owes far more than he has. He has hundreds of millions squirreled away, yes, but he also personally owes over a billion and a half to various people. Jones and Free Speech Systems, LLC are very liquid and have fucktons of money - just not billions.

You can continue to get loans in bankruptcy. Even though the lender would know they'd only get a fraction back, someone could throw dollars at him so he could keep buying product and, I don't know, avoid some taxes of their own?

To be able to satisfy the bankruptcy and the many debtors at a maximum, the court basically encourages him to keep his prior income-generating habits. I could almost see the court encouraging the lending.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 5, 2022

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I just finished listing to the recent GodPod that Jordan was on. There was some interesting conversation about his background and the show origins that I hadn't heard. Might've been part of KF prior, but I hadn't heard from yet.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 5, 2022

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

tsob posted:

It's probably going to take years for the bankruptcy and all the legal consequences for Alex to play out.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm glad I went back to listen to the early episodes. The show is remarkably funny before they were both broken by it.

Also the fun stuff like episode 22 Dan is talking about how this is the only time they will ever listen to PJ Dubs speak.

E: Not to say it isn't funny now but it's a very different humor when this was just goofs.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 5, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Ye talking over Alex and repeatedly shouting him down whenever he tries to interject is a reversal of roles I was not prepared for

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Ye talking over Alex and repeatedly shouting him down whenever he tries to interject is a reversal of roles I was not prepared for

That it was with an anti-Semitic Elmo impression was harder to process.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

That it was with an anti-Semitic Elmo impression was harder to process.

I feel like this episode kept looping from "This is horrible" to "ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME?!" To just maniacal laughing. For 3 hours.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
So there would've been another Formulaic Objections in the works were it not for all of... whatever this was. I'm trying to guess what it must've been. We know Josh Owens was deposed for the CT trial, and it might have some insight into the business side of Infowars. Dan could probably do very helpful annotations to it.

I know a deposition of Rob Jacobson exists, and Dan has mentioned it, but I hope KF does not cover it. I've read the transcript of it already, and while there are a few bits of worthwhile information in it, I don't see it being something Dan would be comfortable covering. Alex's attorney decided the best way to impeach the witness would be to commit a lot of Jacobson's personal information onto the court record, while Jacobson himself couldn't afford his own lawyer to speak in his own defense. Mattei had to make the request that a lot of the transcript would've needed to be marked confidential due to attorney Wolman's attempts at doxxing Jacobson. Mattei was in an awkward position about it. Jacobson was essentially his witness who was coming in with the attempt at trying to help Mattei's case, but in the course of doing so Mattei ended up locking Jacobson in a room with a very hostile opposing counsel, essentially defenseless. While Jacobson was Mattei's witness, Mattei was not Jacobson's lawyer, and Wolman tried to take active advantage of that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Morroque posted:

So there would've been another Formulaic Objections in the works were it not for all of... whatever this was. I'm trying to guess what it must've been. We know Josh Owens was deposed for the CT trial, and it might have some insight into the business side of Infowars. Dan could probably do very helpful annotations to it.

I know a deposition of Rob Jacobson exists, and Dan has mentioned it, but I hope KF does not cover it. I've read the transcript of it already, and while there are a few bits of worthwhile information in it, I don't see it being something Dan would be comfortable covering. Alex's attorney decided the best way to impeach the witness would be to commit a lot of Jacobson's personal information onto the court record, while Jacobson himself couldn't afford his own lawyer to speak in his own defense. Mattei had to make the request that a lot of the transcript would've needed to be marked confidential due to attorney Wolman's attempts at doxxing Jacobson. Mattei was in an awkward position about it. Jacobson was essentially his witness who was coming in with the attempt at trying to help Mattei's case, but in the course of doing so Mattei ended up locking Jacobson in a room with a very hostile opposing counsel, essentially defenseless. While Jacobson was Mattei's witness, Mattei was not Jacobson's lawyer, and Wolman tried to take active advantage of that.

Counter point : if you remove the actual doxxable info that’s exactly what the podcast is for : exposing and analyzing right wing rhetoric and tactics.

The last episode was 3 hours of harrowing, high octane anti-Semitism, I think it’ll be fine if they cover a shirtbird getting sad because his shitbird boss’s shitbird lawyers were mean to him.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The problem here is that, unlike the other depositions, the defense actually came with an attack plan. ... with stress on the "attack." The defense trying to pull poo poo on Jacobson accounts for the majority of the transcript. Mattei got what he wanted pretty early on, and the rest is just Wolman threatening Jacobson and trying to bait him into admitting to various crimes. So much of the transcript was heavily redacted, that I don't know if audio of it is even allowed to exist. (And if wasn't played at trial, even in part, it wouldn't be a public document.)

Mattei had to call up Judge Bellis, mid-deposition, to try and get Wolman to knock it off. It is a fascinating bit of legal drama, explicitly because Wolman as Alex-by-proxy's response to a former employee speaking to the plaintiffs is to try and make them actively regret it. But Wolman just did not stop using the most extreme possible reaches to impeach Jacobson, even when instructed otherwise by the judge, who normally doesn't even oversee recorded depositions. A part of it was just Wolman harassing Jacobson about a medical condition of some kind.

Wolman was apparently sanctioned or disciplined as a result of it, though I do not know how impactful those attorney punitives actually were.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Okay, sure. If the audio doesn’t work they obviously can’t, unless they’d make the mistake of doing it via dramatic reading. (O no)

But you said they shouldn’t, when the rest of your post is an excellent explication of why they in fact should cover it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The new Formulaic Objections ep is out and centers on a deposition given by Dan Bidondi

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Common Sense and TV Shows is the name of my all acoustic Oingo Boingo cover band.

Pull the little tab at the bottom of this flier if you play a bright neon violin like Jake Busey in Starship Troopers. We’re gonna want you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It is KRAKEN TIME