Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fuuuuuck one more week agghhhhhhahgsgdhabahakakanxbrhwiakdjbfdhjaja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Saban alone has more than any single program (other than Bama, obviously). I'm amazed that there's no New York Times exposé on Bama boosters dosing him with stem cells and senolytics. Gotta keep that train going.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Saban alone has more than any single program (other than Bama, obviously). I'm amazed that there's no New York Times exposé on Bama boosters dosing him with stem cells and senolytics. Gotta keep that train going.

Watching them shoot from 30 to 130 was something.

UF has a lot fewer than I thought but I reckon outside of nearly running wire to wire in 2009, they’ve had big setbacks in their title seasons.

Womwom

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Honestly I'm surprised that Penn State, Tennessee, and Georgia are so low and also that Army racked up so many that they're still on the list like 75 years later.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I thought this week was going to be week zero and was bummed to find out that wasn’t the case.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sash! posted:

Honestly I'm surprised that Penn State, Tennessee, and Georgia are so low and also that Army racked up so many that they're still on the list like 75 years later.

Think of it this way- Georgia has been preseason top 5 only 8 times, and Kirby has 5 of them (in a row).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Little surprised Oklahoma didn't run up the score more than they did in the 50s, they won like 45 games in a row or something (e: 47). Then they always real good in the 70s but Ohio State got the AP votes most of the time it seems. From what I can tell they had pretty similar records.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I know it’s getting to be college football time when I get the urge to watch the Greatest Football Video of All Time

https://youtu.be/VyzCw6y1yYU

Every time I start it I think “huh is it really gonna keep being funny” and then by around the 4th fumble I am dying of laugher once again

edit: my low-key favorite part is that the score does not change from 9-7 for the last 2/3 of the video. Iowa state needed 8 turnovers to win by all of two points

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

I know it’s getting to be college football time when I get the urge to watch the Greatest Football Video of All Time

https://youtu.be/VyzCw6y1yYU

Every time I start it I think “huh is it really gonna keep being funny” and then by around the 4th fumble I am dying of laugher once again

edit: my low-key favorite part is that the score does not change from 9-7 for the last 2/3 of the video. Iowa state needed 8 turnovers to win by all of two points

drives in '09 Nebraska/Iowa State:

Nebraska fumble
Iowa State FG good
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska TD
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
Iowa State TD, PAT blocked
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska punt
End of half
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State FG miss
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
End of half

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Washington was basically only on that list by virtue of like 2-3 years across the entire time span and dropped off right at the end due to Clemson jumping up. That graph is definitely an unusual one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern Football

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

LLCoolJD posted:

Or storing his blood for cloning purposes

I'd try it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Watch it from the start and see how low Alabama stays well into the late 70s.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There's some kind of research going on about fixing ADHD with stem cell injections into the brain, and I admit if I had a choice of whose stem cells I get then I could do worse than Saban.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

D.N. Nation posted:

drives in '09 Nebraska/Iowa State:

Nebraska fumble
Iowa State FG good
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska TD
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
Iowa State TD, PAT blocked
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska punt
End of half
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State punt
Nebraska fumble
Iowa State FG miss
Nebraska punt
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
Iowa State punt
Nebraska INT
End of half

It was amazing how ISU never put Nebraska away, even with all those turnovers. They nearly lost a game with a +8 turnover margin.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1560303215366885378?t=rIzAtBdxl3HXlx_AOZxKVw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Todd Grantham hired to hold the boom mic. ESPN suddenly goes tits up.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'm not a michigan state fan but I can always watch this and laugh.

WOAH he has trouble with the snap....

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
it was very sad as a Wolverine to see, but we'll still always root for our lil brother over OSU :unsmith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If we're talking bad games, let us all do our annual rewatch of M00N https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBblg5pdfKo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nathan fielder voice but something happens to notre dame in the 90s.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

D.N. Nation posted:

If we're talking bad games, let us all do our annual rewatch of M00N https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBblg5pdfKo

how have i never seen this before :allears:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hey we’re less than a week to go. Anyone want to make a Week 1 (or week 0 I guess) N/V thread?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I've said it once, i've said it a million times. The decline of Minnesota football was all the Japanese fault once they bombed Pearl Harbor!!!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Bird in a Blender posted:

Hey we’re less than a week to go. Anyone want to make a Week 1 (or week 0 I guess) N/V thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010505

giddyup

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Manoueverable posted:

Washington was basically only on that list by virtue of like 2-3 years across the entire time span and dropped off right at the end due to Clemson jumping up. That graph is definitely an unusual one.

One of the coaches from that team was my high school PE coach freshman year. Huge rear end in a top hat for the most part although he did just let us watch the NCAA tournament when it was on in the day which I did not appreciate at the time but now I realize was kind of cool.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Oh poo poo the dial broke!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Just realized Georgia State's first two games are @SCAR and UNC, with UNC actually coming to the former Turner Field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Just a reminder we have a new thread. Closing this one.