Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Saban isn’t that dumb. He’s talking to the boosters when he makes comments like that.

Also lol bullshit they didn’t “buy” any players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

It's already half-officially this. NW teams get 3 Cali teams (Cal, Stanford, and alternating USC/UCLA) and 3 SW teams each year. Never 4 and 2 or 2 and 4. Same with SW teams. So maybe now the 3 Cali teams can be truly randomized instead of 2 pre-chosen based on division.

Totally agree there's no cross-pod rivalries of serious consequence.

Yep, thirded. We’ve had stick with USC when we were both good, or other teams when they’ve beaten us, but the real hatred is within the Pacific NW.

I still hold a candle for the perfect round robin Pac-10 regular season, 9 games and alternating home and away against each team per year. Was great as a student.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/BDavisAAS/status/1527293896598114304?t=yr_m60TET9ER1kzwxUywdw&s=19

I love when cfb and pro wrestling overlap... Jimbos about to cut a crazy promo ahead of the next ppv event.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Jimbo Fisher comes out in the Ted DiBiase suit throwing dollar bills like confetti

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sounds like Saban is priming the pump for Alabama to be total rear end this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If I were Jimbo I would simply ignore it but I guess if your old boss is making GBS threads on you it can be difficult

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jeremor posted:

Jimbo Fisher comes out in the Ted DiBiase suit throwing dollar bills like confetti

Everybody's got a price!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1527306153469747202
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1527306712965087235

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean He works in mysterious ways after all.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Look, a lot of the stuff that happened in Leviticus and Numbers may read rough through the modern lens, but it was Canaan’s culture of idolatry was deep-rooted and extreme measures were called for to prepare it for God’s chosen people.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Two people each with more money than my entire family lineage combined arguing over whether or not giving a kid from Ohio a few hundred grand to destroy his body is the death of organized sport is way more entertaining than it should be.

October 8 at Tuscaloosa is gonna be wiiiild

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Stupid drama.

I hope that our dumb + rich boosters pay for the best players.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lmaoooo

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

Stupid drama.

Stupid, but pretty entertaining. Hoping calling press conferences to respond to messy, catty drama becomes more common.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Jimbo's a real aggie now. paper thin skin and refusal to own his actions when no one actually cares.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Look, I don’t think it should happen, but if Jimbo decides to go Will Smith on Saban at midfield, I would tune in to every single talking head and read every single tweet about it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This rules lol.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1527310036417974272

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Jimbo was mad as hell at being up and going this early, the WV was strong in that press conference.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bruce feldman you messy bitch

“lemme throw a lil lane on this fire”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Declan MacManus posted:

bruce feldman you messy bitch

“lemme throw a lil lane on this fire”

some people just want to watch the world burn

and in this context I am one of those people

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is a lot of fun thank you Jimbo and Saban for injecting the offseason with some more drama.

They should cut pro wresting promos before games where Jimbo tells everyone Saban slept with his wife or whatever he's pissed off about.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Are there people who don't just assume that every major college program in the country is up to incredibly shady poo poo to procure players!? I don't believe it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/LVann_Sports/status/1527319796542345220?t=TayrbaBRMOGSpSBdUNRMxA&s=19

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

Are there people who don't just assume that every major college program in the country is up to incredibly shady poo poo to procure players!? I don't believe it.

There are lots of fans that assume this about every other college but not their own

There are lots of dumbass true believers in the amateurism scam too still

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

fast cars loose anus posted:

There are lots of fans that assume this about every other college but not their own

I'm honestly relieved that we can do it and not have to worry about getting caught now. I'm also really hoping it means the NCAA just kinda forgets about the whole Pruitt stuff

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm trying not to laugh out loud in the middle of my students' final exam

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god we've still got Deion coming to talk about Saban too.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

Probably the same kind of folks that get upset when they hear about politicians having coke orgies

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

Probably the same kind of folks that get upset when they hear about politicians having coke orgies

I get more grossed out by this than upset.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/strait_vibinn/status/1527306170847076352?s=21

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna very passionately go 8-5

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Declan MacManus posted:

that’s my mf coach :qq:

standing up for all those players who earned their 30k from milo’s the honest way

Excellent work, no notes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This calls for an emergency offseason Shutdown Fullcast

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Finebaum is going to have a field day with this stuff.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1527354289794224133?s=20&t=BdzACaHyhT08yN5CTf6B0g

Loving this

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Oh cool, gonna be in Vegas for the A&M-'Bama game. Whatever the o/u, I'm taking the over.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I've come up with the perfect analogy for A&M. Everyone who grows up in Texas and ends up going to UT never wants to visit friends at A&M. It's too far away, its too remote, and College Station sucks. A&M is the Australia of Texas.

All the weird animals that evolved into freaky poisonous bugs and animals = A&M.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

quote:

10.5.2 Coaches and administrators shall refrain from public criticism of other member institutions, their staffs or players. Coaches and administrators shall also refrain from making public statements and accusations with regard to infractions concerning member institutions and their personnel. In response to questions by the media, it is appropriate to state that infractions are reported, investigated and addressed in accordance with established Conference and NCAA procedures

quote:

19.8.2.2 Action by the Commissioner. (a) Upon receipt of the final report required by Bylaw 19.8.2.1(a), the Commissioner shall determine: (1) If the member institution conducted a thorough investigation; (2) If the determination made by the member institution is consistent with the information developed in its review of the allegations; (3) If the information substantiates that a violation of the Rules has occurred; and, (4) What, if any, penalties or sanctions should be imposed by the Conference, and whether any student-athlete should be suspended or ruled ineligible. (b) If the Commissioner determines that penalties or sanctions should be imposed or that a student-athlete should be suspended or ruled ineligible, the Commissioner shall proceed to impose the penalties or sanctions, or issue notice that the student-athlete is suspended or ineligible, as authorized by and provided in Article 4 of the Constitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

mcmagic posted:

If someone is paid money Sean Clifford, that person got ripped off OK