Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Cleaning out my basement for hopefully the final time. All of this is kinda beat up and covered in grunge, partially because I haven't touched any of it for a decade+ at this point. Sorry I'm a goon.
Power cables included for the systems.
Everything powers on and doesn't have any immediate issues that I've seen.
I've got no clue what any of it is worth so I tried to cross-reference eBay. Feel free to try to talk me down if these numbers are actually absurdly high. (Shipping to continental US is included.)

edit: all sold! thank you goons

already sold:
PS3 (fat 80 GB, hardware BC, the model from the MGS4 bundle) + 4 OEM controllers (which are kinda gross)
$200

(all four controllers look grody like this, so you get what you get - I also do not have a miniusb cable to test the controller batteries, because Sony backed the wrong horse)
Will also include :siren: four super secret mystery games :siren: absolutely free! Do not click the below spoiler if you want to savor the mystery. But I'm not charging you for them anyway, since I won't have anything to play them on once you purchase my PS3.
Games: The MGS HD collection, Katamari Forever, Drakengard 3, and Eternal Sonata

SNES (the late model smaller revision, apparently it was marketed as the 'SNES Jr.'?) + 2 OEM controllers + 1 third-party turbo controller that I bought for Lete River grinding when I was 12
$50

Game Boy Pocket (Nintendo Power 100th issue anniversary edition) (this is probably "worth" something to a collector but I just want it to have a good home :shobon:)
$30

GBA SP (the original model, AGS-001, with the poorly backlit screen)
$50

XBox 360 (Halo Reach edition) + 2 matching controllers
$50

3 Wii remotes + nunchuks (OEM) with noticeable grime
$20 for the lot

2 Gamecube controllers (OEM) with super ratty control sticks, like jeez they're ugly
$20 for the lot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
I'd take the pocket and snes! Just lemme know where to Paypal!

BrownClown fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 11, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BrownClown posted:

I'd take the pocket and snes! Just lemme know where to Paypal!
Done and done! I'll send you a PM.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.
Heya I'll take the 360 if it's still available. Paypal?

Feel free to email ocguitar at gmail dot com to speak privately.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skeletron posted:

Heya I'll take the 360 if it's still available. Paypal?

Feel free to email ocguitar at gmail dot com to speak privately.
It is, so it's all yours!
paypal is elduerr@gmail.com - put a note with your address in the send just in case? paypal doesn't show buyer addresses half the time for me

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It is, so it's all yours!
paypal is elduerr@gmail.com - put a note with your address in the send just in case? paypal doesn't show buyer addresses half the time for me
Sent. Thank you very much dude!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skeletron posted:

Sent. Thank you very much dude!
Received! It'll go out in the next day or two.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gently caress a Pocket is the only GB I don't have (well aside from the Light I guess) and that one was a beaut

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I assume you sold the GBA via private message? Just asking because I didn't see anyone in the thread asking for it and I was interested.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Uhhhh I think that gameboy pocket is worth over $1000 now....

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

manpurse posted:

Uhhhh I think that gameboy pocket is worth over $1000 now....
It's "worth" a chunk, sure, based on the last time I googled it. But finding a buyer who'll pay? I'm skeptical at best, I don't think there are that many collectors out there and most of them have one if they care to have one. If it ends up getting flipped, shrug, no skin off my nose.

Opera Bitch posted:

I assume you sold the GBA via private message? Just asking because I didn't see anyone in the thread asking for it and I was interested.
Yeah, took two minutes before someone on a goon discord PM'd me for it. Gonna be 1/4 of a Pac-Man Vs. setup.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Would you do $180 for the PS3?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guacala posted:

Would you do $180 for the PS3?
Sure, works for me. Let's take it to PMs.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
I'll take the wiimotes/nunchuks. You can PM me your PayPal details.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
Received! Thanks so much!

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Package received.

This is probably the most irresponsible packaging I've ever encountered on SA Mart. Zero bubble wrap or stuffing to mitigate any damage that occurred while shipping. I knew there was a problem when I picked the package up and could hear the items clanking about inside. I just cannot fathom why there wasn't any bubble wrap, or just crumpled up papers to the brim.

Upon initial boot up, the system seems to work, tried a game and it seems fine. The cover to the inputs left of the disk drive broke off in shipment. The motor that spits the games out seems tired and it won't surprise me if that fails sometime in the near future. The system got really scratched up on that shipment.

Guacala fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 15, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Already PM'd you but thought about it more, lemme get back to my computer in a few hours and I'll fully refund you.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

I'm good with getting a refund, I'll ship it back to you.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
Got the wiimotes/nunchuks.

Edit: You know, I wasn't going to post anything but my package also had no bubble wrap, just the wiimotes and nunchuks floating around in the box. I didn't really care seeing as how these weren't high dollar items but it looks like a whole bunch of items went out like mine. That's not particularly cool.

driguy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 16, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guacala posted:

I'm good with getting a refund, I'll ship it back to you.
Naw! Keep it. Get what mileage you can out of it.

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

Received my package as well. No packing material...just the console, power supply, and controllers rattling around.

The box was so oversized it imploded during transit and was left half open on my doorstep. Luckily seems like the console is intact, just scratched up. I gave everything a good cleaning. Won't have a chance to test it for a few days. Looking forward to playing some Halo 3. Appreciate the fast shipping but drat lol

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

lmao

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
Lamo wondering why someone would be happy getting $30 for a $1000 item. Stolen or sold for drugs

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I usually wouldn’t comment on a probation that I’ve handed out, but this is such a brazen lack of care that it’s almost offensive. There’s no direct rule that says “package things well” because, honestly, it shouldn’t need to be a rule. Everyone should just know to do this.

Having “less than good” packaging is sometimes excusable, the items still get there in fine, working order. The way everything is packaged in this thread is honestly the worst I have ever seen and I’ve been on this site for 15 years. If I had to move these items from upstairs to downstairs they’d have better packaging than this. What the absolute hell.

Given that you gave a full refund for shipping a PS3 in a used Home Depot box with no packing materials — and assuming everyone else’s products themselves are in a condition suitable to their standards — I’m leaving this with the 3 day.

Please, everyone, do not do this. I’m tempted to goldmine this just out of sheer amazement that someone could think this was okay to do. What the hell.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm just dying to hear your thought process behind this, honestly. Like, I don't even think any kind of harm was meant here, but how on earth did you come to the idea that shipping it like this would be great

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
hopefully bezos doesn't see this thread, there is millions to be made here just chucking stuff into whatever boxes are laying around and praying to ups jesus

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm just dying to hear your thought process behind this, honestly. Like, I don't even think any kind of harm was meant here, but how on earth did you come to the idea that shipping it like this would be great
some people are oblivious to how rigorous the transit system is on boxes and have somehow avoided having any of their stuff get a boot hole in their box or whatever. seeing these isn't really a surprise to me, I've seen lots of similar stuff over the years. it's still depressing though.

Mnoba posted:

hopefully bezos doesn't see this thread, there is millions to be made here just chucking stuff into whatever boxes are laying around and praying to ups jesus
you think amazon doesn't do this already lol

one of my recent injuries at work is from an amazon box with a bag of dog food in it and nothing holding it in place, so I went to pick it up, it shifted in the box, and yanked me in another direction, straining a muscle. amazon gives not a single gently caress

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the last thing a cherished piece of electronics sees…

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Dear lord that is unacceptable. I have never had issues buying from goons and I’ve sold things here in the past but this makes me second guess any future buys

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

I received a full refund today. No hard feelings.

It cost $54 to ship Priority 2-day according to the label so it's not like any expense was spared. Sadly there's just no shipping service on earth that'll negate the laws of motion when there are loose items tumbling around in a box.

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 17, 2022

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It would have cost less than that to bring it to a FedEx/UPS store and have them package it/ship it, honestly

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

fuckin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...