Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

iím doing an online course in front end development I get to use a command line and also a thing called an ďIDEĒ which is probably a bit behind where most people in this forum are at and I kinda canít wait to hang out and share my knowledge

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

So do you cool smart cats think it's a total waste of time on the real or what

well are you gonna chase the money or try to find a career path within data science that doesnít accelerate humanities downfall

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

iím
doing front end web development so i can make
a web page to increase awareness of COVID

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

Bored Online posted:

i used to make a camera out of python and raspberry pi, now i cry at cloud

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

Well, I wouldn't say I'm enjoying myself yet. I'm simply hoping it ramps up to something more interesting

whats the course

I am doing "the odin project"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

That's supposed to be a good one OP.

I'm doing "Complete machine learning and data science bootcamp 2022" on Udemy. I got it for $10

I'd quite like to hear your experience with Odin project. Made anything cool?
I started to do that many many moons ago and didn't have the time or dedication.... I now have some free time.

I'm still on the foundational part. I work slow. but yeah a lot of people rate it and the discord is quite active.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

imagine that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

word. how's the odin project OP you seeing some results? I'm trying to treat it like the gym ya bird?

iím a slow person and also have a full time job and two kids and burgeoning photography career and attempting a solo live music project and an international water drinking movement so progress is extremely slow. itís good though. Iíve learned a little bit about staging with git

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

plus I gently caress around a lot

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

opioids help because then itís ok , just ok all the time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

well, what were you expecting?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

I don't really expect a job in front-end, I just need to do something, and then something else, until eventually escaping pharmacy into something with a future is possible.

I wanna ask my boss to move to 4 days a week and put the extra day into web poo poo and/or trying to make any of my other ideas into cash money.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

no im in new zealand we don't have that degree but I am a pharmacist (bachelor of pharmacy)

it fucken sucks man. the money is fine I guess but I am poo poo with money so I need more and its dullllll and I can just feel so much ability within me just going to waste every moment of every hour in the dispensary

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

I want to take singing lessons this year

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

oh for sure, I am perfectly positioned to sit in some position that drives what the devs do, but ultimately we're a small market and limited jobs. there might be a lot of jobs outside of pharmacy and no idea if any skills I have translate anywhere and I kind of feel like I need to do something to progress into tech somehow.

honestly, sounds arrogant, but I am ideal for so much poo poo. just gotta get that chance

styls are you on the discord

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

very puzzled by all the chanels

just
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

make a deep dream that guesses what kind of genitals a person has based on their hair

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

iím literally working on mine now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

whatís the side hustle

please let it be an onlyfans

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

vs code continues to mega impress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

did you do any work today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

yes today I am doing data quest but my free time with it has run out. it was better for doing actual data stuff it seems and is reenforcing stuff. How about you op. I can still access the stuff so i think i will keep going.

css sucks man. the course is good because to do this exercise I am up to will require lots of figuring poo poo out but drat I do not like css

I am off tramping/hiking now for rest of week. hard work. but no computer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

good poo poo OP

well Iím getting a handle on css. I donít hate it so much anymore

i generally do hate html though. feels like such a fucken mess

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

whatís your background?

whatís your side hustle?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

😆

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

iíve been forced to learn git thru this odin project

including github

itís ok. feels very manual but you have to use it often so you kind of get the picture

well, using the most basic functionality of it anyway.. add, commit, pushÖ

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

"learning git" = you learn like the three commands you need for a given project and look up anything else as needed

:smugmrgw:

what does -m mean with commit? -u with push? who cares just do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

switched to iterm2 and zsh and that was good but wasnít until I installed oh my zsh that poo poo really took off. now the cli has colours but also it lets you know when youíre in a folder git is across

heck yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

What does this mean OP? For some reason this stupid thing wants me to use command line now and obviously that is straight cap cat in hat. It's 2022

what are you developing on? windows?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

fucken hell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

are you cute irl

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

gently caress I dream of wearing shorts to work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

but where will I post my updates about learning about how much I hate css

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

I quit this and got a refund for the course. So long suckers!

gently caress you I thought we would die old together

iíve been having to put time into professional development and also establishing my cities only photography business that has the name I have chosen for it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

donít close the thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

some reason? we all know why