Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

echinopsis posted:

davinci resolve is a good one because itís very powerful software but somehow doesnít feel like it

A lot of video editing software seems like this. Super powerful, but comes with UX that feels like something from Windows XP, which really makes it feel dumbed down.

Plank Walker posted:

more bad ux: pressing the windows key and typing to search has lag before it starts accepting input so if you don't wait a tick before typing, it's gonna miss the first letter and then when you hit enter, instead of opening vs code, it's gonna open a web search for odell beckham jr

I've had similar issues, but kind of the opposite order. The search also has a lag updating the results. So I might be typing "vs c" and I see the "VS Code" search result; however, my brain is still typing when I see the result, so now I'm at "vs co" and hit enter, but at that exact moment the results will update and now I've opened a browser window to search for "vs company" or something.

Medical software UX: I worked at a security company for a summer in college. One of the tasks they gave to me was to help with vulnerability testing with some web app for tracking prescriptions for patients or something like that. It was like pages filled with something but input fields. No UI design. That was what made me realize I never want to take a software job near medical-related software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

pointsofdata posted:

this is some serious bs, I subscribe to a streaming service but can't use it as soon as I go abroad? should have just pirated everything

copyright and DRM are pure, distilled, bad UX.