Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the worst ux is linux

get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

this bad ux cost citi $500 million lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

national idiots, sounds like

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

qirex posted:

there's an old ui cliche that making something faster or more stable is always better

latency on modern web pages is so bad but you need thirty megabytes of javascript to validate input I guess

but on the other hand it speeds time to market so its impossible to say whether its bad or not

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

yeah lol, google search has some js that fires on link click, replacing the link you clicked with their analytics redirect garbage.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

olorum posted:

yeah gimp is a lot better than it used to, I don't know how well suited it is for professional work but it deserves some better reputation

as for bad UX:

hate it when dates in the past are presented like "13 days ago" or "2 months ago", maybe it's a fun intellectual exercise to implement that functionality but I'm not sure how it helps anyone. show me a real date plz

at least some websites are reasonable enough to have the date as a label so you can get it by hovering. but it's still annoying and pointless

love to see a bunch of screenshots of tweets and have no idea if they were tweeted last week or last decade

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

the best ui is bulk rename utility

i will not be answering any questions

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i think it's a testament to its ui prowess that i have seen that ui many times over the years but only now did i notice there's an ad at the bottom

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

is there a way it could fire both?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Jenny Agutter posted:

the new electric hummer runs android and uses unreal engine to render the ui. it looks like this

computers for MEN

dude menus

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i'll be the one full-color icon in a row of outline icons because BRAND GUIDELINES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

polyester concept posted:

im the google pin icon they were forced to leave unstyled for branding/terms of use purposes

truly we respect The Brand