Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
while i do not have a screenshot, that CMS reminds me of the Oracle Siebel-based ticketing system i worked with while at a subdivision of McAfee

10% of the screen was consumed by pre-populated fields and 80% by fields that were only relevant to other parts of McAfee's business, but completely unused by us

the basic free text case description field where we input everything, because you can't easily describe complex TCP proxy issues in predefined fields, was about 250x100px

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i understand why visual programming languages exist from the perspective of representing circuits, but not being able to automatically decompose them into pure text function representation seems a ux nightmare for anything moderately complex

trying to read anything other than basic poo poo in reaktor seems nigh impossible

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

hey can i just say i loving loathe that every single time adobe updates InDesign (which i can't stop, because it's all creative cloud bullshit!) it resets my workspace to the new "essentials" layout, which has no tools in it?

adobe: yes, perhaps we can expand the market of photoshop by dumbing it down for the average parent editing their kid photos

also adobe: why wouldn't this logic also apply to users of advanced print layout software, surely the same parents need to lay out a zine featuring their kid pics