Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post pictures of bad ux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Here is the alaska airlines website to unsubscribe from all their emails they send you.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thats right, greenpos is an abomination

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

anyway here are three i had lined up. i assume this thread can be for both bad ux and bad ui? they are related, but different!

Yeah post both, my brain farted when making the thread and I completely forgot the difference.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

polyester concept posted:

all user interfaces are a joke and should be thrown away. cli supremacy

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

posited: blender has a good UI

software doing advanced tasks should be set up to make it streamlined for proficient users, not beginners

that said idk. I have an inkling I could be good at this and in fact want to, but who knows. certain yospos characters repeatedly make it clear that working in a job ruins everything.

Would you consider gimp to have a good UI?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i used labview in college and it was really bad

I used it in high school and it was so bad. It was completely undecipherable you had a large program.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

Adobe: What Else Are You Gonna Use? GIMP? Lol.

GIMP's good OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They hide all the features behind 3+ menus to give you the illusion that it's bad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

olorum posted:

yeah gimp is a lot better than it used to, I don't know how well suited it is for professional work but it deserves some better reputation

Unless you're doing high end editing it has all of the features that you want. Like I said earlier a lot of them are hidden for no real reason, and obviously the UI is lovely.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yospos ux thread: actually gimp is fine

thats right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i've spent tens of hours trying to use gimp in the past year, and it remains unredeemable garbage. i would have been saved significant time and effort over the past two decades had it never existed at all.

:qq:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sounds like youre a baby, have you tried using the application "paint"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/yourolly/status/1511313444871487495