Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Kinda looking for direction, i'm like 1390 something and just did argos for the first time. I crafted some of the pieces but I thought it was going to boost my ilvl, it seems to be the same tier as hard abyssals essentially. Do I just throw all my mats on either set to make it to 1415?

edit: also this happened on a batch of 500 bloods in feiton, finally!

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Kinda looking for direction, i'm like 1390 something and just did argos for the first time. I crafted some of the pieces but I thought it was going to boost my ilvl, it seems to be the same tier as hard abyssals essentially. Do I just throw all my mats on either set to make it to 1415?
Argos 2 piece bonus is very good for dps classes. 5 set is kinda good right now but pretty soon it won't be because people will have valtan pieces and break their 5pc so you won't get the synergy buff. I'd personally craft 2 argos pieces that don't overlap with relic 2 piece your classes and then start dismantling argos blood & hard mode oreha mats for extra great honor leapstones.

Most dps classes craft preordained, the crit chance one. I am not familiar with which dps specs craft the crit damage one.

and yeah you should hit 1400 and then push two armor pieces to +17. gloves/shoulders if dps, chest/pants if support. After that I'd start pushing weapon a bit if I were a dps. Weapon upgrades are massive damage increases.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Artillerist and Pinnacle Glaivier craft crit DMG because they get a ton of crit rate from their class passives/tri-pods.

I'm thinking of going Ambush Master on Pinnacle Glaivier too, I'm used to moving to the back for Scrapper anyway and with the patch changing Wheel of Blades to a back, now my 4 blue 3 red setup has all the main DPS skills as back attack.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Pinnacle is fully capable of going back attack but you almost never opt for it because of how difficult it is to obtain good back attack uptime. On top of the fact that the normal back attack bonus of 10% crit rate and 5% damage does so little for you because you're at 100% crit chance in red stance already.

So yea Ambush Master works but I'd recommend against it.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

the queue situation on mari is getting pretty fuckin old. admittedly i have limited play time these days, but that’s usually fine because as grindy as this game can be, there’s lots of stuff you can do in 10-20 minute chunks. i haven’t really gotten to play since last week though because every time i log in there’s a 1-2 hour queue.

all this is to say, how are people liking destroyer? i logged in and knowledge transferred it and then did like one chaos dungeon.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hefty posted:

the queue situation on mari is getting pretty fuckin old. admittedly i have limited play time these days, but that’s usually fine because as grindy as this game can be, there’s lots of stuff you can do in 10-20 minute chunks. i haven’t really gotten to play since last week though because every time i log in there’s a 1-2 hour queue.

all this is to say, how are people liking destroyer? i logged in and knowledge transferred it and then did like one chaos dungeon.

Destroyer is loving great so far, definitely gotta have patience some times but it definitely rewards knowing the fights and really knowing the ranges on your attacks

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

S.J. posted:

Destroyer is loving great so far, definitely gotta have patience some times but it definitely rewards knowing the fights and really knowing the ranges on your attacks

do you bother with head attacks for the blue skills? seems sketch to sit in front of the boss without a big shield like gunlancer.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hefty posted:

do you bother with head attacks for the blue skills? seems sketch to sit in front of the boss without a big shield like gunlancer.

You should be getting a 30 percent shield every time you use a spender for the entirety of the wind up and attack animation, so yeah, absolutely. Barricade and Master Brawler are both pretty common engravings for destroyer for this reason. Plus they have a taunt now which is perfect for setting up Perfect Swing hit

E: sorry you said for the blue skills. If you can safely, sure, but they aren't where much damage is coming from so it's not a huge deal. Still try if you can though because even your blue skills have decent stagger.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I don't know where I got a legendary grudge book but holy cow it sold instantly for 18500g.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

I just hit 1205 mokokos! I am a mokoko seed now. That is one goal done since I first started. I was just too lazy to finish the last few because I was missing a lot of virtues and then forgot all about it.

On another note I didn't get Valtan done this week so that is a bit unfortunate. I was having problems getting a party with everyone looking for supports. The 1415 ilevel chaos dungeon on the other hand has been super profitable. The amount of legendary equipment you get per run combined with a decent single 3's tripods selling for at least 100g you make a ton of money. The occasional good relic ability stone and accessory also sells for the high thousands. I managed to sell a grudge cursed doll for 8500g. I'll try harder to find a Valtan group after reset.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why nobody else in my oreha normal bid on a legendary Awakening book that dropped, but I was more than happy to sell it for 5675 gold after winning it for 50.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Is it even worth it to run abyssal dungeons past 1415 anymore? You don't get gold or materials or books anymore. You can't get the box either.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Velveteen posted:

Is it even worth it to run abyssal dungeons past 1415 anymore? You don't get gold or materials or books anymore. You can't get the box either.

Just for card drop chances iirc, which is pretty loving stupid imo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The only reason to do it is if you find it fun to just stomp through a dungeon on your main that's giving you a bit of trouble on your alts. If you ignore the fun factor and just look at rewards given for time spent then it's definitely not worth it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You get 7 or 8 of the Oreha material which can be dismantled into great honor stones.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

You still get materials. You don't get the chest.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Is there an easy way to track tripods for multiple builds? My mains a pally and I'm working on a side dps meme build, got 6 pieces of junk ready to transfer to inventory slot 2 once they're filled. Tracking 27 tripods and making sure not to gently caress up is getting tiresome.

I realise I could just, not, but if the games giving me the option of various inventory slots I'm gonna gently caress around.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Is there an easy way to track tripods for multiple builds? My mains a pally and I'm working on a side dps meme build, got 6 pieces of junk ready to transfer to inventory slot 2 once they're filled. Tracking 27 tripods and making sure not to gently caress up is getting tiresome.

I realise I could just, not, but if the games giving me the option of various inventory slots I'm gonna gently caress around.

Like an online builder or in game? In the skills menu you can save multiple configurations of skill point/tripod set ups. You get two by default and the others cost... blue crystals I think? I have one setup for Chaos Dungeons and one set up for Boss stuff on my characters by default. If you use Integrated Presets you can even save gear set ups if necessary by creating them in your gear menu first, and then wholesale swap between gear/skill/gem/card set ups

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 28, 2022

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

S.J. posted:

Like an online builder or in game? In the skills menu you can save multiple configurations of skill point/tripod set ups. You get two by default and the others cost... blue crystals I think? I have one setup for Chaos Dungeons and one set up for Boss stuff on my characters by default. If you use Integrated Presets you can even save gear set ups if necessary by creating them in your gear menu first, and then wholesale swap between gear/skill/gem/card set ups

Not that, I use all that often. I mean the tripod level tracker for dropped gear. You usually pick 18 skills to track to fill out all your gear slots. Except if you do multiple builds, this tracking carries between your presets. Say for me, I can't just track my judgement build, as if a really good support roll drops it gets auto dismantled. So I'm tracking all relevant skills for both builds to avoid losing out, after my chaos/guardian runs its a chore to sift through.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Gold to blue crystal conversion rates are dropping on NA West again. Was hovering a little lower than 700 for most of last week but as of now has started to dip to around 560.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I really expected it to go down earlier just because of whales honing weapons to +25 and the absurd gold cost attached to that. Plus we're at the point where a lot of the stuff off Mari's shop is barely worth buying in t3, though Pheon still burns through a ton of crystal. I used at least 150 just rolling stones for my main.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

East crystal prices sitting at a steady 700. I would buy a bunch if it went down to 500 but that is a na west thing only.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

East crystal prices sitting at a steady 700. I would buy a bunch if it went down to 500 but that is a na west thing only.
West usually leads east in price swings on crystals. We'll see if that holds true this time too.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
My understanding from friends who play on West is they get hit by more bot activity than East (much more chronic login queues, etc) so I wouldn’t necessarily assume crystal parity in the long term.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/june-and-july-2022-roadmap

Arcanist up next

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arcanist in July. No new class in June.

They really are gonna slowdrip this poo poo out until December. :negative:

quote:

We are planning to release one new Advanced Class every two months for the rest of 2022. We’ve worked with Smilegate RPG to carefully plan out this schedule, which is a much faster cadence than other regions as we catch up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 1, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Wow that is very disappointing and lame. Really tempers my enthusiasm to play the game now that I know its going to be at least 4 months, likely more, before the class I actually want to play is out.

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 1, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

patch notes posted:

We are planning to release one new Advanced Class every two months for the rest of 2022

That's unfortunate for people waiting for their favorite class. They said they were going to speed it up a few months ago and now they're slowing it down.

That said arcanist is one of the classes I was a bit interested in so at least I have something to look forward to this month. The others were reaper and artist which will be very far off it seems.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:woop:

Finally I get to play the class that made me interested in LA in the first place.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Arcanist in July. No new class in June.

Hahahaha what. Are you joking. :stare:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Scouter (or whatever other class you've been holding out for) being at a minimum not out until September, or Nov, or Feb FY23 is very dumb imo. I really like playing the game but I've mostly just been building out my horizontal progression and stuff so I could play scouter but I don't think I can wait half a year

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I guess I was under the impression that Japan and Russia waited a long time to get the new classes, or maybe don’t even have them all yet, so one every two months doesn’t sound awful to me. But the classes I wanted to play most are already in, thankfully.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They're gonna need to bring them out with free Punika passes at bare minimum at this rate. They are really dropping the ball by not doing monthly releases, plenty of costumes, and selling the passes in the store. I thought they wanted to catch up to Korea ASAP for global releases of content.

Arcana is supposedly really complicated to play without much payoff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Wow that is very disappointing and lame. Really tempers my enthusiasm to play the game now that I know its going to be at least 4 months, likely more, before the class I actually want to play is out.

Yep. I really want to try Summoner but I am not expecting it until Oct/November at the earliest. I don't think Smilegate would release 2 mage classes in a row.

Velveteen posted:

That's unfortunate for people waiting for their favorite class. They said they were going to speed it up a few months ago and now they're slowing it down.

That said arcanist is one of the classes I was a bit interested in so at least I have something to look forward to this month. The others were reaper and artist which will be very far off it seems.

I think they said that the classes would mostly be released in the order they had been on the KR server, and Artist was the last release there so I am fully expecting it to be last for us in early Q1 2023. :smith:

bagrada posted:

They're gonna need to bring them out with free Punika passes at bare minimum at this rate. They are really dropping the ball by not doing monthly releases, plenty of costumes, and selling the passes in the store. I thought they wanted to catch up to Korea ASAP for global releases of content.

Arcana is supposedly really complicated to play without much payoff.

"We’re also planning on giving every player a free Punika Powerpass this summer, and are fine-tuning the details for another Express Event. We’ll let you know when the dates and details are finalized!"

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Anno posted:

I guess I was under the impression that Japan and Russia waited a long time to get the new classes, or maybe don’t even have them all yet, so one every two months doesn’t sound awful to me. But the classes I wanted to play most are already in, thankfully.

same. they can't win with some people though

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/lost-ark-academy-etiquette

Really trying to get people do 1234 Flare order for Guardian fights but splitting the difference on x3 and NESW for positioning.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
They originally said 1 class per month and now it's suddenly 1 every other so obviously people waiting for their favorite classes are going to be upset.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Lost Ark released in RU around December 2019 and per a reddit post their early 2021 release schedule was announced as:

February - Punika, Agent S.K.A.U.T. (great name for scouter), T3 and the GvG stuff
March - Argos, new PvP season
April - Reaper and the 1370 ghost ship

Comments complained about the delays and that Japan was even farther behind. So maybe we are looking better by comparison, we just got Sorceress instead of Summoner which is a win since it's the most played class.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"We’re also planning on giving every player a free Punika Powerpass this summer, and are fine-tuning the details for another Express Event. We’ll let you know when the dates and details are finalized!"

Just saw that, good deal. I think I'm safe to go ahead and use my last vern power pass while I finalize my alt roster for now.

I hope this week they fix players not being able to finish South Vern due to the dungeons being closed for repairs (infinite freeze when loading them in which required customer support to get you out).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/lost-ark-weekly-update-june-2nd-12-am-pt-7-am-utc-9-am-cest/396600

quote:

Chaos Dungeon exchange vendor rewards have been adjusted to be character bound. Shards earned from Chaos Dungeons are Roster bound, so players can share them with other characters on their Roster in order to redeem rewards from the exchange on alternate characters.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Finally. I have no idea why they made those mats tradeable in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Good change but it won't really make an impact either, people botting endless chaos in T3 are mostly doing it for the mats to hone their own character.