Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Probably rolling Striker tonight, but when do I get to play a class that uses a big axe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hellioning posted:

Never I apologize. We do have large hammers, whenever Destroyer comes out at lesat.

Destroyer did look way more interesting than the other classes of that type. Berserker is an absolute bore.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Really wish I could move the UI around so that my UI layout mirrored my pad, is that not an option?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

What the gently caress do I do with all these god drat engravings. Is there a difference between the rarities with them? I'm going to just have to look up a guide every single time I want to upgrade my character I guess?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

admanb posted:

You have to unlock the green tier before you can unlock the blue tier, and so on.

If you haven't unlocked your uncommon Class engraving that's worth doing. Uncommon Battle engravings are fairly useless, so I would just stockpile the books until you're ready to jump to rare/epic, at which point you'll know what skills you need.

Oh so I gotta stockpile and use the green versions before I pick up the blue books to get the next tier of that engraving?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

M. Night Skymall posted:

Yeah, you can't use blue books for an engraving without having used 20 green books for it first. The only engravings that really matter for most classes until T3 (maaybe T2 if you really want to optimize T2 for unclear reasons) are your class ones, so just pick which of your 2 class engravings you want and get that and then equip your class engraving on both slots. Then shove all other engraving poo poo in a bank without opening it so it stacks.

Dope, thanks everyone!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Now I just need to figure out which of the class engravings I should go for with Striker, they both seem pretty neat.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Every once in a while I don't skip a cutscene during the story and this time I'm glad. Although I think I accidentally made, like, Johnny Cage or something

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Is pistoleer deadeye trash or what

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

Its very viable now. Look up a korean player called Handgunner on youtube, hes great for info

gently caress yes, thank you.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Wait, I'm not following, sorry. WHy would you want an alt to run tower first?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I just got my turtle today and I'm so god damned happy

S.J.
May 19, 2008

jokes posted:

Except there's only, like, one skin available for most classes.

There are a ton available in the non-NA versions they just haven't released them yet here

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hefty posted:

Do we even know what “adjusting difficulty” means? The quoted post is pretty vague.

No. It's probably going to be some HP nerfs to bring things into line with the KR version if I had to guess.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

My new fav griefing activity is going to spida island and just sitting there while people mine. People get so furious

It's gonna be even funnier when I eventually get the token. I'll probably just hold it for a while just so i can link it in chat on the island

Can you get the token without participating? lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Please make the 2nd tank class a dude with a two handed axe so I can recreate my ff14 character thanks

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

Sorry 2h axes are forbidden.

Shut the gently caress up

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish Abyss Dungeon mechanics just gave you vuln or killed you if you hosed them up and not wiped. At least then it wouldn't feel so loving terrible to try and get these done when you try and tell people what to do and they just don't and then go "ummm quit???"

loving hell

It is wild to me that you can't even queue for Abyssals more than once a week, even just to practice them without getting rewards. just lmao

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I've been trying to delete a character in my roster for like 3 weeks and this game simply will not let me delete anything

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jabor posted:

I haven't had any matchmaking groups fail that mechanic to the point of abandoning the raid (US West).

One group we failed a couple of times, then I called out by name the one person I saw on my screen doing it wrong and what they needed to do instead, and we cleared it first time after that.

I had a group doing the 2nd underwater Abyssal fail because some people kept standing in the wrong spot for orbs over and over again and wouldn't learn, plus someone being a huge rear end in a top hat in chat because there were people who didn't know the mechanic the first time. Felt like I was back home in WoW.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friend of mine had a bot dm them a couple times this weekend and it happened to me earlier in the week.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Chocobo posted:

This entire game needs a second pass on the translation/localization. Tons of weird phrasing and half-correct information.

And a bunch of s

entences thataretyped out incorrectly to a hil

arious degree

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I honestly didn't notice how much gold I was spending on hones, (although that might just be because I'm only breaking into that range one - at level 10 my stuff takes 70 ) but given how little I'm making, yes, the extra 36 on fusion mats is a deal breaker.

Go do those daily dungeons that pop up around the world, the extra gold you get from those will easily cover the crafting costs, at least.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just play Gunlancer like me so you can just get annoyed whenever you're forced to interact with mechanics at all.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

M. Night Skymall posted:

It's going to make Scrapper so nice to play. Being able to just use charging blow for mobility/shock generation and not having to weave it in constantly is so nice. I hope we actually get it in the may update in NA. There's some talk (from Roxx) that we're getting the destroyer buffs in May with the release of destroyer, and the rest of the changes as well. Also pretty excited to see what they do in the identity rework for Scrapper whenever that hits Korea.

I was going to try to swap mains to Lance MasterGlavier, but unless I really love it on release I'm sticking to Scrapper now.

I'm sorry, destroyer buffs? I plan on going all in on gravity bro uhhhh

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

As I understand it, ignoring recent buffs, Destroyer is currently either the worst class in LA, or close to it. :v:

I know, I look forward making hammer-bro too.

Yeah I just looked up the most recent buffs translations and holy poo poo they look like some strong changes. No more skill shots and lots of attack speed buffs, armor reduction, extra gravity cores without rng or tripods, some more durability increases and a 3s taunt tripod. Hot drat. As someone who mains GL at the moment this looks hot af

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Wonder if I should just express my soulfist and just memory transfer destroyer when it comes out. Literally just to avoid playing through rohendel again because I'm lazy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It's not just that, it's happening a bunch of things. Happened to me and a friend a bunch today with treasure maps.

e: Okay so what all do I wanna not gently caress up with this powerpass other than just not using it on a T3 character? I can just sit on it and wait until destroyer hits right?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 22, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Seeing a pug in an Abyssal bitch about something one of us is doing and then be the first/only one to die on a boss over and over again would be hilarious if we could actually kill this loving boss

S.J.
May 19, 2008

My failure rate getting the last few pieces of T3 gear to 14/15 has been insane.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

All of my +14s in Tier 3 were pity upgrades to 15.

I don't even have enough stones to hit pity lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Later on you can go 3 red and 1 blue on gunlancer to get that real poo poo going too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hefty posted:

Found a chill learning group and killed Argos P1 in like 3 tries (yay!), then realized that normal and hard Oreha share the same lock out by doing normal first (boo!)

Argos was a lot more fun than I expected and my new level 3 awakening/blessed aura let me keep my group mostly topped up, which felt nice. I thought the small pizza mechanic was gonna kill us but actually the big pizza hits hard and doesn’t give you much time to prepare. Overall A+ would do a real raid again.

Oh hey, I had almost the exact same experience this week. Argos P1 is fun, P2 seems like it'll be a pain outside of PF.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It is technically cheaper to craft them than to buy them off the market if you're okay with spending the time gathering.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I hope that works for you because I tried playing with a controller for a while and it felt miserable.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sometimes the language used for stuff in this game is odd to me. Does Lone Knight only give crit etc bonus to red skills, or to everything? It says "Gunlance skill" but nothing is explicitly called "Gunlance skill" in game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cinara posted:

Red skills have a tag that says Lance Skill, the same way blue skills have a tag that says Normal Skill.

I know, that's why I'm asking. It doesn't say "Gunlance skill" it says "Lance skill"

Was it supposed to read "Gunlancer skill" or "Lance skill" on the engraving?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 2, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cinara posted:

It doesn't take a huge leap of logic to infer that Lance skills means Gunlance skills and it's just a difference of translation. Especially when Combat Readiness specifies Normal Skills.

I'm not arguing, what the gently caress? I'm asking. I honestly don't have the feedback in game to tell whether or not it's supposed to apply to everything or just the red skills and I can't find any posts about this anywhere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean, we've made fun of the bad translation issues in this thread how many times now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hefty posted:

i legit had to google what “normal” skills were. i assumed “skills other than your awakening”. it’s a weird rear end way to describe them tbh, like just say shield skills or something?

I had to do the same thing when I first started GL, it's pretty odd.