Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I don't know the game very well but I already see people calling the game dead on arrival because they made the grind too easy so now CASUALS!!! can get to end game content. Won't anyone think of the poor poopsocking grinders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

gandlethorpe posted:

Other than the deadeye (which I'm maining) and its female version, are there any classes whose signature mechanics don't have you charging up a bar?

Also, what's the deal with these cards, and why can't I even equip the first few I've gotten?

I could be wrong but it looked like to me that some cards are equippable and some are just passive benefits.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

Protip for engravings while leveling - you should get enough class engraving books to unlock the first level of 1 of your class engravings by doing the main quest and then the purple quest from Thirain before leaving Luterra at level 35ish. This lets you slot that class engraving into both slots in your gear screen (the 2 bottom left item slots) which will give you 6 points in your class engraving. Some class engravings are massive dps upgrades even with just the first level enabled and it can make a big difference.

Can you do those quests on multiple characters to get the "freebie" engravings for each new character or are the rewards a one time thing?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

They can accidentally delete my old characters but in exchange they have to release scouter

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I 2-manned Yoho with a buddy but I don't recommend it because it was the opposite of fun

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/march-3-2022-update

I've only seen the T1/T2 parts of these changes but I like them. Should be much less instances of "the random player in your group can't do mechanics and you wipe 30 seconds into every fight" while things still being challenging if you're doing them around ilevel

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

At least so far most of the matchmaking/partyfinder experience for me has been 1/2 good players carrying 2/3 subpar players (sometimes I'm the bad player) so making it less obnoxious for those good players is a positive.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I've been getting around the lab issue by changing the filter to All Research and finding it in the list

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

streamers make more money than they spend when they do stuff like that because it gets their audience excited so they donate more. Plus those streamers can write off the swiping on their taxes as a business expense so its extremely not comparable to a regular player.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Having a support player is awesome. As an artillerist if I have a support I can actually just roll my face on the keyboard and just vomit damage

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I did a lava turtle guardian fight yesterday where we had a pretty good bard. The turtle doesn't move much so he basically just sat in a corner. Between the bard's stuff and Artillerist tankiness I actually never touched my move button and just slammed my hands on my keyboard until it died. Bards own

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Indecisive posted:

dunno why people are making such a big deal about them adding argos in for the <1% who can fight it.. when theres already a ton of other content that only those people can access. you know its not going anywhere right? its permanent content that will be there when you get there. jesus there's so much poo poo in the game at launch that people will be slowly trickling into over months, who gives a poo poo if there's 1 more thing you can't do yet

It think its largely a product of people getting really wrapped up in streamers/reddit where the general consensus is ENDGAME ENDGAME ENDGAME and if you aren't there then you might as well quit

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Your 2 Guardian Raids a day also give event coins

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Velveteen posted:

I heard your alts can run dungeons too and its all shared per roster if you want the stuff quicker. Only downside is the ilevel purchase requirement for better stuff. You need T2 for blue engraving books and T2 honing mats, and T3 for purple engraving books and T3 mats. Can't buy them now and save up when you get there.

Aw man that's a bummer with the purple books. Would have been nice to be able to bank up a nice stash of them for once I needed them.

But yeah the daily race is once per roster but the chaos/guardians are per character so each of them can run those for more coins.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Yeah they definitely broke something with his fight when they made those changes recently. He doesnt always have sandstorms going when he does his one hit move. If you dont over gear it enough to survive you're just boned

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

explosivo posted:

Just limped into 1100 having used every material and some help from a friend for more leapstones for one last try but I made it :shepface:

Feeling this because I just barely managed to hit 1100. My last bit of resources was spent on a 44% hone and I got lucky

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

explosivo posted:

Looks like Harmony Island is showing up today if you still need the song. It says 1PM EST is the next time it's appearing but I'm worried about DST shenanigans meaning it's actually at noon or something.

It is actually at Noon EST and then again at 2PM.

It was supposed to be 11am and 1pm but its pushed back an hour each time. I can confirm they didn't fix the clocks because tooki island was at 9:50 EST today instead of the normal 8:50 its supposed to be at. I normally do my tooki daily during my morning waste of time work call!!

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 14, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I think they forgot to actually DO the hotfix. The timers are still messed up for DST.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

At least so far in my PUG groups that have someone shotcalling I've mostly seen the 3x and 3x+1 method but thats entirely anecdotal

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I got 2 flares and 2 awakening chaos shards as my tytalos compensation. I'm something of a rich person now

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

looking forward to my second round of bonus event coins I have too many of already from DST errors

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

one weird trick Kharmine DOESNT want you to know to fix the game's timers

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

Thank god the una skip thing is an option because that 960 ghost ship makes me never want to do one again. A weekly lockout for that!?

What really blows is that entering the ghost ship flags you for the week so that you can't do another one, even if you fail it. So if you're trying to get one done so you can start doing the una daily just do the 460 one so you can guarantee you complete it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there anything I can do with the pile of tier 1 honing mats that are bound, now that I'm in tier 2 or should I just discard them?

if you are in T2, then any bound t1 mats are useless and you can just toss them on the ground

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of easy honing materials and engraving books out of this event so far largely doing things I'm already doing. If all the events are as generous as this they can load me the heck up with events

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I almost have fishing to level 20 just from the 4 minutes of fishing time I have on Tooki each day. This is not an endorsement of Tooki island

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Scatsby posted:

I finally did my first ghost ship, and I guess they fixed the EIbern's Wound daily or something. I can accept it, but I don't get the option to use an Unas Task completion token on it.

I'm almost certain I did it yesterday because I finished my eibern's wound rep yesterday and got it built. Just checking, you did the ghost ship while having the una's task to complete it the "correct" way once?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I enjoyed T2 much more than T3. T3 is basically do your one abyssal dungeon, eventually 2, you have access to a week. Do your 2x chaos dungeons and 2x armored scorpion a day. At least T2 had a variety of dungeons/guardians to fight. The ship has sailed on getting incredible amounts of gold selling mats in T3 so now there's very little point to rushing it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Scatsby posted:

Ah, for whatever reason I thought you had to do it once for the Una's Task to appear. I'm annoyed, but it's a relief!

Fortunately, reset is tomorrow so you won't have to wait long before you can do the ghost ship again.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I'm very close to 1340 and I think I'm just going to park here. None of the classes I actually want to play are out so it feels bad to dump a ton of materials into a class I'll likely drop eventually. Ill just horde mats and sell them if the price spikes I think.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

YES bread posted:

mostly just frustrated that we don't have a roadmap for class releases yet, it feels like something they should have had sorted out when the western release went live.

I assume they figured they could drip feed classes to keep bring people back but weren't expecting players to be this annoyed by it

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Of course she is, we're bringing her all the arks and she doesn't have to lift a finger

I finished Rohendel yesterday so I was able to do the second set of t1 abyss dungeons yesterday. Very cool stuff, super unforgiving. I can see why they would be roadblocks for folks. Despite lucking into an armin card drop on the first one I may just skip those in subsequent weeks, which is a shame because that dungeon as a whole is amazing.

So far the phantom king fight out of the second of those dungeons is the only fight in the game I've done that I really didn't like. There are a few fights in T2 that also have "do this or wipe" mechanics but they are much easier to explain than the phantom king swords.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I have completed tooki island. This must be what divinity feels like

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

afkmacro posted:

do you mean the soul and the daily x 30?

yeah, I am free of this cursed island

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

You could always just make your own party and not accept anyone in T3

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

My Artillerist just drops a nuke on the scorpions as they spawn and oneshots them all, it makes that fight a lot easier.

Yeah, artillerist just completely dumps on that fight and it rules. There's a bunch of fights I've found where Im playing on an alt after being on my artillerist for a while and finding out, "oh no, I never had to learn this fight for real"

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Getting 2/3 stacks of the buffs in the event guardians is very fun on artillerist. It makes air raid/homing shot like a 4 second cooldown so you just spam them and you're dropping non-stop nuclear bombs

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I wish this is how the normal guardian raids worked. It's fun fighting 3 big ol monsters while moving at turbo speed and doing 11 million damage with every hit

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

yeah they need to add more content for your main to do besides log on, do chaos x2, maybe do guardian x2, do your abyssals once a week, log onto alt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Finally hit proper T2 last night by finishing Yorn and getting to 896. I wasn't expecting much from Yorn since it just seemed like Legally Distinct Ironforge, but they really committed to it and it was pretty charming.

I still need to push my sharpshooter to 50 since I think that may be my main job (at least until arcana, lance master or artist), but at least now I can start poking at t2 content and islands.

I'm glad I just sat back and accepted that I'm not approaching this game as something I want to rush to endgame on, it does feel like it makes the jank and AGS wonkiness less stressful to deal with.

I really enjoy T2. There is a variety of fights to do and you have enough substats now that they start to feel impactful. The gearing still feels good in t2 as well