Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Only two videos in and I can already tell that whoever came up with the story and dialogue needs to be locked away for the safety of the rest of us. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

That writer needs professional help. This is not even remotely how emotionally healthy people act.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Explopyro posted:

(Side note, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone else find Rose to look off in a kind of uncanny valley way? I'm not sure if it's that, exactly, but I think her proportions look too adult, she doesn't look nearly as young as the writing implies she is. It could just the a consequence of the shrunken-down perspective, I guess, but I keep noticing this.)

I'd say it's a combination of not doing her face quite right and also not making her emote in any way that isn't crying. I got really bad vibes from the dinner table conversation when she doesn't visibly react to the divorce news; a child acting that casual about that kind of poo poo is a sign of either not understanding what they've been told, or having previously existing severe emotional damage. The way the parents just let her run off and go about their own business, then the reveal that she totally did understand and is crushed about it, but I guess didn't want to show it in front of them, makes it pretty drat clear which of those it is and where it came from.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I am having serious trouble remembering any other game with such a serious quality disconnect between story and gameplay, nevermind one that had good gameplay and abysmal story. Even the very start of video games just had paper-thin story rather than such atrocious and voluminous garbage. It feels so horrendously wasted to have the fantastic breadth of co-op gameplay ideas present in this game simply vomited over by this drek. This poo poo could have been another Portal if it had been handled better, or frankly with any care at all. Heckin' mad at video games. :argh: