Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Lorne with a mask!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
This rules.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Burning Elmo Meme

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
This is awesome! :lol:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Like, you guys know Longhorn probably paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to have that 12:55 sketch, right?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Neat, so Cheddars is next.

I actually like the sponsored bits because the writers seem to take personal offense and make the skits as offensive as possible which usually creates some kind of hilarity.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
That's when you're dating Pete Davidson, but his mom is kicking you out of her house, half-naked and still drunk, by spraying you with a garden hose...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Pretty good ep so far (never the cold open).

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

carticket posted:

Reading this thread while watching after the fact and I was just waiting for this moment and uh, yeah.... this must have been intentional, right?

Katy Perry? Involved in some kind of :airquote: sexual :airquote: innuendo??? How dare you, sir.

HOW.

DARE.

YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

I think maybe I'm just too old? Some of them are funny but they aren't really relatable anymore, I don't have weird 20s anxieties or energy anymore, so it's more recognition of jokes than laughing at them often. Also a bit odd they are sequestered to themselves, is this like a compromise instead of breaking up the Lonely Island crew or Good Neighbor, just stick em together off-site somewhere? Good enough to do their comfortable preexisting dynamic, good enough to write for the show, but not enough to be on stage or do the bow?

edit: oh yeah disagree mooney and bennet don't deliver. i'm more thinking about the third guy from both crews who didn't get on the show as a face.

They were making ~content~ as a group before they joined SNL. I imagine their connections allowed them to retain some agency over their content since Lorne has final say on what goes in.

Another way to think of it is that it's the modern version of TV Funhouse? Lonely Island was like this too, but Andy being in the main cast blurred the lines.