Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
“Back to the show,” Mehler says in the YouTube video, in which he first appears wearing an astronaut-style helmet. “I want to introduce myself before we actually meet F to F, as we say these days, which everybody knows means gently caress to gently caress—which really means that we’re all hosed.”

Mehler, a tenured historian of science and racism, tells students that when they see him in person in class, he’ll be wearing the $300 helmet because it has high-efficiency particulate air filters to protect “both me and you from this deadly virus that’s going around.”

Mehler then delivers a profanity-laden soliloquy about how no “cocksucker of an administrator is going to tell me how to teach my classes because I’m a loving tenured professor. So if you want to go complain to your dean, gently caress you. Go ahead. I’m retiring at the end of this year, and I couldn’t give a flying gently caress any longer.”

He adds, “You people are just vectors of disease to me, and I don’t want to be anywhere near you. So keep your loving distance. If you want to talk to me, come to my Zoom.”

Mehler later explains that his speech was inspired by a similarly vulgar soliloquy from the HBO television show Deadwood, about life in a gold-mining town, and he uses the opportunity to address the concept of plagiarism.

Things get stranger from here, with Mehler citing Calvinism and predestination as the reasons he’ll assign students’ grades randomly, regardless of individual effort (he later says students can earn an A, but he doesn’t explicitly say he’s joking about random grades). He also says that if students want to protect their grandparents from COVID-19, they should protect him, too, as he’s old enough to be their grandfather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrOzY86YcEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mods please change my name to "professor of science and racism"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
:secondpost:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Is it historian of science as well as racism or science intertwined with racism

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shame he's retiring, I'd want to learn from him.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Nice fart mask boomer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

500excf type r posted:

Is it historian of science as well as racism or science intertwined with racism

i know i have so many questions

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009