Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I use edge for work because the only other option is chome. it’s fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i tried to use firefox on someones computer the other day and it was very bad. not at all adequate

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
firefox is the least bad browser

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I use edge for work because the only other option is chome. it’s fine

:same:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

i tried to use firefox on someones computer the other day and it was very bad. not at all adequate

shagger was right

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
on windows

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

~Coxy posted:

on windows

use ice weasel on linux XD

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

how is edge the least bad browser in tyool 2022

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Waffle House posted:

how is edge the least bad browser in tyool 2022

it’s not

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah, its not.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
been talking to this girl and she thinks it’s lame that I use edge. meanwhile she uses chrome??? :confused:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i cant believe BBGS's girlfriend broke up with them because they use MS Edge

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Today i learned edge has a reader mode... not bad

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

rotor posted:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
the edge shopping plugin saved me 15 dollars on a usb hub

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Edge is my default on my work Mac because I can sign in with m365 and it syncs all my poo poo with my Windows computer. For personal use still on team firefox.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rotor posted:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I was cjing a user's computer and she asked "so should I use edge or chrome?" and I said "they're the same, but really you should use firefox :smug:" and she said "wow is that thing still around?" as if I suggested netscape navigator.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nvrgrls posted:

I was cjing a user's computer and she asked "so should I use edge or chrome?" and I said "they're the same, but really you should use firefox :smug:" and she said "wow is that thing still around?" as if I suggested netscape navigator.

she was right

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Neito posted:

edge is alright but i'm one of the five people unironically using the opera gaming browser because moving back to chrome or ff is :effort:.

i want to know more about this. is it actually ok or is it just chrome with the cpu temp shown for real gamers

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
i am a small ELF
I sit on a SHELF
i wear my nice SWATCH
a WINDOWS smart WATCH

my EDGE COMPUTING DEVICE
lets me browse the web NICE
here I sit on my LEDGE
I EDGE on the EDGE on the EDGE

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thank you

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

oh...my RAM.......

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Armitag3 posted:

i want to know more about this. is it actually ok or is it just chrome with the cpu temp shown for real gamers

it's got some sidebar poo poo so like if you use discord, facebook/insta, telegram, and I think what'sapp? you can have a little slide-out chat sidebar, if you do twitch it's got some stuff with that, and some pretty ok pinboard/cross device functionality that's a little better than pocket. it can also force dark mode on a bunch of sites, but Chrome has an extension for that.

It's also got a built-in network limiter in case like you're running a game and wanna yospost but don't wanna burn all your megabits and a RAM/CPU limiter.

If you're using chrome it's not worth switching over, but if you're already in it it's not worth switching back unless you need poo poo like cross-device sync with a chromebook.

eta also i forgot it's got some lovely built in crypto wallet but that can be disabled pretty easily.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

nvrgrls posted:

i mean, you did

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nvrgrls posted:

a few years ago at a bar i mentioned something awful to someone and a lady i don’t even know was eavesdropping and yelled out “that site is still around????”

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

fart simpson posted:

a few years ago at a bar i mentioned something awful to someone and a lady i don’t even know was eavesdropping and yelled out “that site is still around????”

my friends regularly express their surprise that this dead forum is still around.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Neito posted:

my friends regularly express their surprise that this dead forum is still around.

same

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Neito posted:

when the alternatives are Instagram and reddit….

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

akadajet posted:

when the alternatives are Instagram and reddit….

/g/ was ok for a while as a kinda yospos lite back when only /b/ and /pol/ were openly nazi.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
IE support ends today :911: thank u for ur service :patriot:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Thank you IE for being the only browser I could use to manage InTune back when it was garbage.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

thank you ie for many years of holding back the webocalypse, in the end a single piece of software couldn't save the world by itself, but the attempt was extremely thorough.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

thank you ie for many years of holding back the webocalypse, in the end a single piece of software couldn't save the world by itself, but the attempt was extremely thorough.

:patriot:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
think about how much better the web would be if IE8 was the only browser. rip in peace

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the trident webview will remain of course, because it is an integral feature of windows as ms always said it was

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

the trident webview will remain of course, because it is an integral feature of windows as ms always said it was

yeah, the loving clowns at microsoft implying that having a webview component in the platform widget toolkit was important, history sure proved them wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
sad to see IE go but all good things come to an end. I’m adequately enjoying my edge experience.