Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like dry cheeses. Dry and funky. I loved the manchego cheese I could get in the south of spain that smelled like old boots and horse blankets. Stuff that pairs with olives, jamon, cheap pilsners, crusty breads, dry reds, and really dry whites. I'm also a normie who just gets stuff from spouts or whole foods when I feel like having a charcuterie night. Special shoutouts to Midnight Moon which is one of the few softer cheeses I actually like.

So in florida (i'm willing to drive to orlando) do you have any suggestions on the places to hit up and the products to ask for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i don't want a gangtag but I want to be known as the manchego monster

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What are some good dry and funky cheeses like really old manchego that we can get in FL?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Smokin' Goat is another smoked goat cheese from Spain, and is pretty good!

I had three people today ask me for Armenian string cheese, which of you was it?

Me, i asked.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What are some good dry and funky cheeses like really old manchego that we can get in FL?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

What do you mean by "dry"? And funky meaning what, smelly? Gamey?

Dry as in not soft but not crumbly.

Funky as sorta in smelly but also with some brettanomyces like esters and phenolics, similar to wild fermented beer.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How do you know what a rotting corpse smells like? :pwn:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Look up Casu Marzu

A shame it's pretty expensive to import to the usa.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Arkhamina posted:

Cheese related question. What's y'alls favorite cheese forward dish, past something like baked brie or fondue. Cheese tarts I know of. Other things more interesting?

a charcuterie board

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kenning posted:

The replacement of the term "cheese plate" with "charcuterie board" is my most pedantic irritation of the last decade or so.

i don't use the terms interchangeably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kenning posted:

You may not, but around half of my social circle does and it's a great burden to me.

they're dumb