Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
A-7 : Sweet baby jesus, that juust reads as absolutely tasteless.
AD-17 : Never let a cheap shot at Biden go to waste, Ramirez.
BAGC-20 : Also, the gently caress kind of sieve is that?
BG-23 : Fuuuuuck you.
BLGBT-30 : There's some good contenders here but I ended up going with the 'ugliest' balding, fat white man with a 5 o'clock shadow in women's clothing and a wacky hairstyle. The fact that I had to choose here is a loving disgrace. Congratulations on being the biggest piece of poo poo, Branco.
BO-48 : I'd say that the fact I'm Australian meant I didn't really know the story of Emmett Till but knowing the state of the American public school system means most wouldn't know it either. Still, this is powerful and a good use of the medium.
BR-59 : Fuuuuuuuuck you Ramirez. You got a Kelly for this exact same loving comic last year too, you piece of poo poo.
C-82 : How do you gently caress up the world's most punchable face? Did they confuse Carlson with Limbaugh?
CT-101 : gently caress just 'thanking' frontline workers, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Kellies Voting: Part 2
Link to Part 1 nominees You can continue to vote on nominees from earlier rounds!

We have too many nominees, and too many comments about the nominees, so I'm having to split voting into multiple sets.
Voting on this set of nominees will continue until April 1.

How to vote
Each category has a letter or letter combo, and each cartoon has a number.
Make a post with the number of each entry you're voting for and what category it's in. I'll take either the letter or the category name.
You get one vote per category. If you're changing your vote, please change your existing post.
If you want to vote on categories you haven't already voted in, feel free to make a new post! Additionally, you can continue to vote on nominees from earlier rounds!

Kellies Kategories and Nominees
Notes: I removed or condensed a couple categories because they got no or only one nomination. Listed dates are posting date for the image. Unless otherwise stated, any text following a nominee is context from its original posting or nomination -either commentary from the thread and the nominator, or an accompanying statement by the artist.

Always a wide field, it’s time for Worst Gaslighting!
G-104 Rob Smith Jr., 1/25/2021

G-105 Rob Smith Jr., 2/4/2021

quote:

I mean, it's gaslighting because Rob Smith lives in an imaginary world of his own creation, lit entirely by propane lamp, but still.

G-106 Tony Branco, 3/6/2021

quote:

The term "gaslighting" gets thrown around so much these days but…

quote:

[vox sez: gave this user the nomination based on the above comment]

quote:

The Enemy Within: The Wall around the Capital building in D.C. is only there as a political prop to use against conservatives.

G-107 Steve Breen, 3/9/2021

quote:

(NY Dems are calling for Cuomo's resignation.)

quote:

gently caress off, Breen. Democrats are responding in exactly the same fundamental way: "this person should not be in this position".

G-108 Tony Branco, 3/10/2021

quote:

No Kidding Around: Pelosi, Schumer, and the Democrats are stealing from our children to bail out irresponsible Blue States.

quote:

Democrats passed a super-popular bill and are shouting about it, while Republicans are trying to distract people by whining about Dr. Seuss and Potatohead dolls. Real "opposite of reality" energy.

G-109 Tony Branco, 3/21/2021

quote:

Welcome to Crazystan: Minneapolis has a new autonomous zone called “George Floyd Square” and no police are allowed.

quote:

Looks like one of the five different sites Branco does poo poo for is a Minnesota specific thing.

quote:

Ellison and Walz are literally working with the Agape Movement to reopen the square, which is currently closed to almost everybody.

G-110 Bruce Tinsley, 3/24/2021

quote:

It's an article of faith that everyone is ignoring this huge scandal.

G-111 Gary McCoy, 3/24/2021

quote:

Do you think he turned the light on before or after firing an assault rifle over his daughter.

quote:

Sweetheart, I would have had to close your bedroom window.

quote:

Oh whoops, sorry kiddo, that's your older brother trying to sneak back in the house after curfew. Oh well!

quote:

The worst thing about cartoons like this is knowing there are people who unironically take it as a good point. Somebody out there is nodding sagely and sharing it on Facebook.

quote:

Meanwhile in the real world the little girl is saying "how would you take my life if the Democrats took your gun" while bleeding out.

G-112 Michael Ramirez, 4/11/2021

quote:

Oh drat, a classic. Is Ramirez suggesting that we....cancel culture?

quote:

gently caress you Ramirez and your "been debunked for decades" bullshit that videogames cause shootings.

G-113 Michael Ramirez, 4/15/2021

quote:

Oh look, the fire Ramirez needs to die in.

quote:

Great loving timing on this one today, Ramirez.

quote:

Also the really strong implication that young Black children are disconnected from their communities and that Black people aren't thinking through their actions

gently caress that Ramirez is really, really bad

quote:

okay, im officially in ""if i see Ramirez in real life i dont think i could stop myself from beating the poo poo out of him until someone physically pulls me off of him."" territory

Like.. didnt the kid literally get shot because he did the hands up when he was told hands up

quote:

That's blatant. That's it. There's nothing subtle about it. They couldn't possibly run that.

G-114 Michael Ramirez, 4/12/2021

quote:

I see they're just unironically repeating the Kelly "when America does/doesn't talk about race" cartoon.

quote:

It's been exclusively the right doing those, rear end in a top hat.

G-115 Tony Branco, 4/26/2021

quote:

Happy Earth Day!
AOC is as smarts[sic] as the weather.

quote:

I had to back up and reread this a couple times to get the point. The "if global warming, why cold?" format is evolving. The claim is that AOC refers to hot weather as "climate change," but then when severe winter storms show up she says "that's just weather." In reality, she and others who accept the science frequently point out that climate change can lead to more intense winter storms.

G-116 Loren Fishman, 4/30/2021

quote:

This is interesting because the other day in my English class, a Japanese student who is up on American news asked me what the controversy was about that bill. Same as this idiot, he was looking at it in isolation and didn’t know about the long history of voting laws made to look innocuous but are intricately designed to prevent the specific people from voting.

He has the excuse of being a foreigner he’s never even visited America though.

quote:

loving lol, GA activists have gone through and analyzed just how bad the bill is point by point; it's wingnuts like Drinky n'Pals who are all ""it makes voting easier, trust us, Brian Kemp said so!""

G-117 Bruce Tinsley, 5/2/2021

quote:

The endpoint of fascism, once all other enemies are eliminated, is to find a new enemy within because fascism cannot exist without an enemy.

quote:

I keep coming back to this comic, because I think it betrays a fundamental conservative misapprehension - or at least, what they keep claiming they believe - about ""canceling"" and ""cancel culture"", which is that canceling is something people do because they enjoy it and that liberals and leftists are actively looking for people to cancel, rather than responding to harmful behavior by insisting that the people who engage in the harmful behavior face consequences for it.

(It is, of course, projection: conservatives actually do go looking for reasons to cancel people they don't like, probably most famously with the Crowder crowd deliberately digging up decade-old tweets from James Gunn to get him fired, and more recently with their bizarre obsession with Biden and the dandelion - and if they can't find anything, they'll make something up; cf. literally any Garrison cartoon.)

G-118 Gary Varvel, 5/15/2021

quote:

There's no gas shortage. You idiots bought way more gas than you needed because of Facebook memes and caused some gas stations to run out.
There's no labor shortage. You idiots won't pay employees what they're worth, so they don't want to work for you.
Inflation is back to a normal level after more than a decade of recession.

G-119 Michael Ramirez, 5/20/2021

quote:

That poor helpless border guard! :ohdear:

G-120 Tony Branco, 5/20/2021

quote:

Stand Your Ground
Many on the like Tlaib of the Squad and the MS Media are screaming at Israel to ceasefire while Hamas continues to fire rockets at their populated cities.

quote:

drat, outgunned 23-to-1.

G-121 Steve Kelley, 5/28/2021

quote:

Also Worst Opposite of Reality

G-122 Scott Stantis, 7/1/2021

G-123 Al Goodwyn, 7/7/2021

G-124 Tony Branco, 7/10/2021

quote:

Operation Distraction Democrats are using the January 6th capitol trespassing event to distract people from their disastrous policies.

G-125 Tony Branco, 7/13/2021

quote:

Free Rider
Biden is riding Trump’s economic coattails and enjoying a good stock market until Bidenomics kick-in.

G-126 Michael Ramirez, 7/23/2021

quote:

The texas dems were fully vaccinated.

G-127 Clay Bennett, 8/18/2021

quote:

Biden literally said that America wasn't in Afghanistan to nation-build. The Taliban aren't the ones undermining the process.

G-128 Michael Ramirez, 9/23/2021

quote:

It’s always easy to tell when Ramirez is super mad about something. In this case…refugees.

G-129 Loren Fishman, 10/14/2021

quote:

Literally no. "The rich" (as in "tax the rich") isn't some nebulous, badly defined entity, it's all people who do not pay their fair share of taxes compared to their income, like billionaires who pay like zero point two percent of what they earn. gently caress your strawmanning.

G-130 Scott Stantis, 10/23/2021

quote:

While I'm sure it doesn't have much of a chance at year's end, something about this one really pisses me off more than a load of more overtly offensive ones, so I don't want to see it passed over.

quote:

I love how Stantis actually brings up ignoring the AIDS epidemic and tries to follow it up with ""But on balance""

Like, even if you ignore the horrifying politics surrounding the decision, over 700,000 people have died in the US alone, many of these deaths could have been prevented if decisive action had been taken early on.
The fact that he actively ignored the epidemic is already unforgivable.

But when you look at the politics you realize that he and the other higher ups seriously hoped that the epidemic would be the answer to gays existing.
They wanted AIDS to kill off the gay community, so they stood by and did nothing.
So, to put this simply:

You can't balance out genocide you gently caress!

G-131 Lisa Benson, 10/31/2021

G-132 Tony Branco, 11/23/2021

quote:

See Only Evil
There are none so blind as those who will not see… Rittenhouse Shoots 3 white guys and the leftist MS media tries to turn it into a race war.

G-133 Michael Ramirez, 11/25/2021

quote:

"I always make sure to check nobody will call me out before I genocide a people" is not the slam dunk one might think it is.

quote:

"thank god nobody is here to revise history" says a literal revision of history

G-134 Mike Lester, 12/4/2021

quote:

Seriously, get hosed eight ways to Sunday, wifebeater. Not only does the law at the heart of Dobbs v. Jackson have a trigger clause that would immediately outlaw abortion in Mississippi if the decision overturns Roe v. Wade, there's more than twenty states that will immediately have some form of insane anti-abortion law kick in via similar trigger laws.

G-135 Patrick Blower, 12/8/2021

quote:

Blaming the failure in Afghanistan on people working from home is certainly... something.

G-136 Gary Varvel, 12/14/2021

quote:

Seriously, get hosed Varvel. You and your Republican buddies support the exact combination of deregulation, stripping of labour protections and climate change denial that led to people dying in factories after being repeatedly told they'd get fired if they took shelter rather than remain on the job.

Most Hypocritical Combo
[vox sez: Due to technical limitations, this special category will not be scored for any prizes.]
HC-137 Al Goodwyn, 9/15/2021

quote:

"Hard to swallow", exaggerated, oversensationalized "FEAR" in the context of pandemic drugs is definitely that fear which is directed at horse drugs, and definitely not some other fear of something else, like vaccines, for instance. No irrational fear over those.

HC-138 Ben Garrison, 9/15/2021 ,
[vox sez:image lost, hosted on catbox],

quote:

Also question about this category: do all of the combo cartoons have to be from this year, or only at least one? Like is the award for being a liar period, or is it for being so shameless a liar that you flip-flop in the same year

HC-139 Ben Garrison, 9/16/2021

HC-140 Gary Varvel, 9/17/2021

HC-141 Tony Branco, 9/17/2021

HC-142 Mike Lester, 9/18/2021

Laziest Non-Gorrell
L-143 Gary McCoy, 1/12/2021

L-144 Clay Bennett, 4/21/2021

quote:

Goddamnit I just got done saying that Bennet seemed to be making good cartoons again

L-145 Michael Ramirez, 4/26/2021

quote:

I see the turtle carrying last week's marching orders finally made it to Ramirez's house.

L-146 Kevin Necessary, 4/30/2021

L-147 Clay Bennett, 5/9/2021

quote:

Yeah I'm insanely disappointed in him recently. Hell sometimes I catch myself thinking that he's become worse than the patron saint of laziness lately.

L-148 Michael Ramirez, 5/21/2021

L-149 Clay Bennett, 6/23/2021

L-150 Clay Bennett, 7/15/2021

quote:

Jesus Christ, Bennett. At least pretend to put some effort in

L-151 Gary Varvel, 8/3/2021

quote:

Gary couldn't be bothered to draw squggly lines for states going down the drain so he used the smudge tool in photoshop on a map of the United States instead.

L-152 Clay Bennett, 8/21/2021

L-153 Robert Ariail, 8/28/2021

L-154 Walt Handelsman, 9/4/2021

quote:

Should maybe be a "worst cartoon about a weather/climate event" sub-category for "a thing happened", drat

L-155 Al Goodwyn, 9/9/2021

quote:

That bird is smug as hell

quote:

Presumably that baby is unwanted so I hope it loves Texas' adoption system, which I assume is extremely robust and humane???

L-156 Lalo Alcaraz, 10/6/2021

L-157 Clay Bennett, 10/11/2021

L-158 Tom Stiglich, 12/8/2021

L-159 Rob Smith Jr, 12/21/2021
https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1473393655264301057

Worst Label
LB-160 Rob Rogers, 3/13/2021

quote:

Not letting this one slip by unnoticed. While I completely agree with the message, holy poo poo

LB-161 Ben Garrison, 3/15/2021

quote:

WHAT GOVERNMENT CAN GIVE, GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE AWAY

“Give us more, boy”

The Big Government Taker used 9-11 to take away most of our 4th Amendment. Many lives were also taken when we were forced to fight endless wars in the Mideast. Now the artificial crisis known as COVID-19 has enabled The Big Government Taker to remove even more of our rights. People were/are locked down, forced to wear masks, and socially distanced. They complied at every turn.

Then our free speech, at least for conservatives, was taken away on the most popular social media sites. The virus enabled widespread mail-in balloting, which was blatantly corrupted. Other shenanigans followed. The virus enabled our votes to be taken away. The Big Government Taker rigged the election for Biden.

Who constitutes Big Government the Taker? The usual suspects.

The centi-billionaires and illuminati who are accustomed to taking. They call themselves ‘the elite.’ They are not the elite—they are simply psychopathic globalists who continue to seize more power because we allow them to do it. We should call them ‘elitists,’ not the elite.’ We should not allow them to become our psychological masters.

They’ve taken away our town square social media soap box. Then the ballot box was taken away in a rigged election. We must not let them take away the ammo box. The Second Amendment is our last means of defending ourselves from genocidal maniacs who would love to drag us off to FEMA camps for forced vaccination—or worse.

We can’t let them take our firearms or our ammo boxes. If we do, get ready to live in a high tech prison world where we will have become citizen cattle subject to any whimsey from totalitarians such as Bill Gates. He’s the ultimate taker, he wants to take your life.

—Ben Garrison

LB-162 Henry Payne, 3/15/2021

LB-163 Tony Branco, 3/15/2021

quote:

Open Biden: It is obvious what is on Biden’s declining brain lately and it’s not what is best for America.

LB-164 Unknown, 3/28/2021

LB-165 Michael Ramirez, 4/7/2021

LB-166 Stuart Carlson, 4/8/2021

quote:

just label the goddamn stick "10 ft," you colossal dump rear end

quote:

Also it's "wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole"

LB-167 Ted Rall, 4/9/2021

quote:

Economic Greed Migrant As the Biden Administration claims to be looking into the root causes of mass migration from Central America to the southern U.S. border with Mexico, perhaps we should consider the role of the United States in destabilizing Northern Triangle countries like Honduras.

quote:

Speech balloon placement is labeling, right?

LB-168 Chris Britt, 4/12/2021

quote:

I can still agree with a really lovely cartoon. The racism label is completely useless here, honestly.

LB-169 Marty Two Bulls, 4/15/2021

LB-170 Clay Jones, 4/17/2021

quote:

Like, I get where he was trying to go with this, but between the half a dozen "Beer" labels and no reference to the 18th or 21st amendments, I think it fails in what it was trying to accomplish.

LB-171 Robert Ariail, 4/22/2021

quote:

"Infrastructure" and "Jobs" are both cleaning tools. What does the job broom sweep away, unemployment? Okay, but what do you pick up with the infrastructure dustpan?

LB-172 Chip Bok, 5/29/2021

LB-173 Michael Ramirez, 6/23/2021

quote:

Wouldn't the gun be labeled "liberal policies" and the flag "soft on crime"

LB-174 Tony Branco, 7/10/2021

quote:

Operation Distraction Democrats are using the January 6th capitol trespassing event to distract people from their disastrous policies.

LB-175 Tim Campbell, 7/13/2021

LB-176 Steve Bannon, 8/8/2021

LB-177 Tony Branco, 8/11/2021

quote:

Bloated Malarkey Bill
RINOs help to give Biden a win toward collapsing the country by helping them pass the bloated Infrastructure Bill.

LB-178 Al Goodwyn, 9/14/2021

LB-179 Phil Hands, 9/17/2021

LB-180 Michael Ramirez, 9/23/2021

quote:

It’s always easy to tell when Ramirez is super mad about something. In this case…refugees.

LB-181 Tony Branco, 10/13/2021

quote:

States At Risk
All states are at risk of being invaded by unvaccinated illegal immigrants from Biden’s open borders.

LB-182 Jeff Stahler, 10/20/2021

quote:

for (sour note IRAQ)

LB-183 Michael Ramirez, 10/22/2021

LB-184 Tony Branco, 11/2/2021

quote:

Let Them Eat Crime
Omar and the squad spent a combined $100,000 on personal security last quarter while promoting defunding the police.

quote:

That's some Gosse-tier labeling.

LB-185 Steve Benson, 11/8/2021

LB-186 Scott Stantis, 11/10/2021

quote:

The tradie's pointing at the debris that's caused the blockage. The phrase 'here's your problem' refers to identifying the cause of a problem. The artist could have labelled the water POLLS and then labelled the debris CONGRESS or WOKENESS or whatever to create a message. Instead the artist has elected to say nothing at all. A poor poll result is an outcome, Stantis, it isn't the cause of anything, Stantis, except maybe crummy political cartoons

quote:

I think this is another example of goons not really understanding cartoons. I'm not saying that it's a great cartoon (it is Stantis after all), but isn't it an obvious visual metaphor for idiom "Biden's approval ratings have gone down the toilet/drain"? The suggestion that the water should be labeled polls on the other hand would mean that Biden's polls are... rising? THAT makes no sense.

LB-187 Bob Gorrell, 11/17/2021

quote:

How is the hose inflating after where it's tied off?

quote:

Not only that, if Biden is the gas pump, what the hell is the knot blocking off supply?

I don't know if this is a category but gently caress it, Kellies nomination: worst metaphor and/or worst label. I don't know which fits better but it's such a terrible cartoon it deserves nomination for something.

quote:

Just an absolute loving salad of buzzwords

LB-188 Robert Ariail, 12/1/2021

quote:

Bold move to label your junk INFLATION.

quote:

I'm glad the gorilla is wearing a shirt that tells me he's 800 pounds. Without that there would have been no indication that the gorilla was heavy.

quote:

"IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!"

LB-189 Steve Benson, 12/2/2021

LB-190 Tony Posnanski, 12/1/2021
https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1466105557861949441

LB-191 Michael Ramirez, 12/20/2021

Nonsense, it’s an election Most Incomprehensible
MI-192 Rob Smith Jr., 1/25/2021

MI-193 Michael Ramirez, 1/26/2021

quote:

Like it would kind of make sense if it were about impeachment. (It would still be dumb though.) But the filibuster???

MI-194 Steve Benson, 3/19/2021

MI-195 Mike Lester, 3/30/2021

quote:

Nonsense, this is an election year!

quote:

I think the point is that the ""Jim Crow"" is supposed to be the tiny, almost non-existent bird in the cage?

quote:

I get it, but the mixed metaphor is sufficiently bizarre that I think it earns the nomination. Like, the bird exists.

MI-196 Al Goodwyn, 4/12/2021

MI-197 Mike Lester, 4/21/2021

quote:

What?

quote:

I think it's actually pro-mask? Like the couple is ignoring the headlines that are ridiculous on their face for the first two, but then embracing the third because it gives them an excuse to stop wearing their masks.

quote:

Counterpoint: It's Lester.

MI-198 Robert Ariail, 4/22/2021

quote:

"Infrastructure" and "Jobs" are both cleaning tools. What does the job broom sweep away, unemployment? Okay, but what do you pick up with the infrastructure dustpan?

MI-199 Scott Stantis, 6/26/2021

quote:

I mean, compared to the racist/homophobic/xenophobic/misogynistic competition it's going to have, this comic is just so bafflingly stupid on every level that I feel I had to nominate it.

MI-200 Gary Varvel, 7/13/2021

quote:

Do maternity wards even have rooms full of babies any more, or is that just another anachronism from old cartoonists? When my kid was born a couple years ago, the hospital made it clear their policy was to keep her in Mom's room at all times.

quote:

My experience both times was the baby in the mother's room, and there was a nursery with a couple staff in it who could watch the baby if the mother needed, but it would show up on your bill in expensive font

quote:

I think "maturity ward" is key to making sense of the cartoon, it's hard to imagine that it's not about explicit content. "Your kid is going to hear a cuss in a rap music and see a boob in a movie, corrupting them indelibly." Marx being there just tacks "this is Cultural Marxism" to the end.

MI-201 Al Goodwyn, 7/17/2021

quote:

Like, I *get it*, but this is such a garbled metaphor

MI-202 Mike Lester, 7/25/2021

MI-203 Gary McCoy, 9/14/2021

quote:

I was starting to think I was the only one. I've spent 5 minutes on that one and got nowhere

MI-204 Jeff Danziger, 9/15/2021

MI-205 Mike Luckovich, 10/8/2021

MI-206 Michael Leunig, 10/8/2021

quote:

Because what the actual gently caress is this idiot going on about?!?!

quote:

I almost want to say it's in response to a study that ostensibly links "wanting to be in charge" to personality disorders, but, yeah, I just pulled that out of my rear end.

quote:

That's blatant. That's it. There's nothing subtle about it. They couldn't possibly run that.

quote:

Christopher Columbus, noted for his complete lack of murder.

quote:

I reflexively stuck my middle finger at my monitor upon seeing this.

quote:

Holy shiiit if there was ever a reason for him to get the gently caress fired out of a cannon.

Also, Christians are probably the last people who would benefit if we started to showcase cultures solely from their worst sides.

MI-207 Michael Ramirez, 10/13/2021

quote:

RAIDERS™ RAIDE

MI-208 Roar Hagen, 10/15/2021

quote:

Context: Man kills five people with bow and arrow in Kongsberg.

quote:

because that makes not a seconds worth of sense

MI-209 Gary Varvel, 12/23/2021

quote:

Immanuel

quote:

What part of "Immanuel" do you not understand?

quote:

Varvel refers to them as "dual-image cartoons".

Worst Obituary
OB-210 Mark Knight, 3/2/2021

quote:

That's goddamned horrifying and kinda shallow. I guess it's good for showing he was behind some really, really popular songs but ugh.

OB-211 Tom Stiglich, 12/8/2021

OB-212 Gary Varvel, 12/14/2021

quote:

Seriously, get hosed Varvel. You and your Republican buddies support the exact combination of deregulation, stripping of labour protections and climate change denial that led to people dying in factories after being repeatedly told they'd get fired if they took shelter rather than remain on the job.

Time for another moment of relief: Best Edit/Parody!
P-213 After the War, 3/4/2021

P-214 Ague Proof, 3/6/2021

P-215 By popular demand, 3/20/2021

P-216 VitalSigns, 3/25/2021

P-217 D.N. Nation, 4/1/2021

quote:

Seuss wasn't a racist?
I guess this is true
But his estate owns
His books through and through
Your beef is with them,
You booze-addled hack
But all of us know
Who you'll really attack
The libs! The woke!
The Blacks and the chicks!
All this to comfort
Your fanbase of hicks
I leave you with this
Among my predictions:
You beat off at night
To the racist depictions

quote:

Parody of

P-218 The Atomic Man-Boy, 4/2/2021

quote:

Parody of

P-219 Agents are GO!, 4/2/2021

quote:

He Has Risen! His Pants Have Fallen!

quote:

Parody of

P-220 vilkacis, 4/8/2021

quote:

Parody of

P-221 SneezeOfTheDecade, 4/8/2021

quote:

Because goddamn, it's spot on.

P-222 Lodin, 4/11/2021

P-223 D.N. Nation, 4/17/2021

quote:

That'll be two pulitzers, plz

P-224 Preen Dog, 4/17/2021

P-225 An insane mind, 4/26/2021

P-226 Pants Donkey, 4/26/2021

quote:

quote:

Jesus. Zero score, communist Red, anarchist Yellow, trans Blue, level 14, virus 88, Debt in his hand... Pants Donkey, this is a masterpiece.

P-227 By popular demand/SneezeOfTheDecade, 5/7/2021

P-228 Hihohe, 5/11/2021

quote:

I present to you

EVERY BRANCO COMIC EVER

quote:

Unless it's a black person, then the lips are about 4x that size.

quote:

Needs some stink lines.

quote:

One thing i wanted to convey is that the character, no matter if Branco thinks they are good or bad, seems to have a sneering glare. Like a goblin who hates the sun or evil wizard who hates true love. This is what i can only believe to be what Branco thinks is a natural look for a person. Hes portraying his own disdainful face when he makes these.

quote:

also nominated by Lurdiak

P-229 himbofisher, 5/13/2021

quote:

Shoulda gotten a Cum Pass.

P-230 SubG, 5/18/2021

P-231 Knuckle Sammich, 5/20/2021

P-232 Fister Roboto, 5/20/2021

P-233 Vib Rib, 5/29/2021

quote:

Calling 911 is deadly. A good cartoon.

E: I'm sure I could have just used a cop that Bok's drawn at some point but I'm not going to sift through that fucker's comics.

P-234 Pants Donkey, 6/15/2021

quote:

kellies nomination: worst edit

quote:

I knew Joe Biden wasn't Batman

quote:

That is extremly cursed. I applaud you for it

quote:

I think we've found the Pulitzer winner.

quote:

Least-laziest Gorrell

P-235 skeleton warrior, 6/21/2021

P-236 Culka, 6/23/2021

P-237 JeremoudCorbynejad, 6/23/2021

quote:

WHAT!?

*Edit* Whoops, I thought that was a Garrison.

quote:

Here i turned it into a garrison for you

P-238 Hihohe, 8/1/2021

quote:

Guys i did it

I went back in time and it turns out Ishida was making Sinfest it the 1940s.

You wont believe what his comics looked like

P-239 JeremoudCorbynejad, 8/7/2021

P-240 MakesYouWonderINC, 8/5/2021

P-241 wizzardstaff, 8/11/2021

P-242 Knuckle Sammich, 9/11/2021

P-243 Mr. Squishy, 10/19/2021

quote:

Overton window funnies

P-244 Agents are GO!, 10/19/2021

P-245 Pants Donkey, 10/22/2021

P-246 Pants Donkey, 10/24/2021

P-247 ewiley, 10/27/2021

P-248 Barry Shitpeas, 11/6/2021

P-249 JeremoudCorbynejad, 11/10/2021

quote:

I'm waiting for all the Lowtax obituary cartoons

P-250 Pants Donkey, 12/9/2021

quote:

:stare: Oh drat, some body horror got into the political cartoon thread.

P-251 smarxist, 12/10/2021

quote:

almost died when i realizerd who the Ghislaine and Epstein courtroom sketch reminded me of

P-252 reignofevil, 12/10/2021

quote:

Sending my love to the poli-toons thread, you never forget an old flame.

P-253 Drakyn, 12/27/2021

quote:

[vox sez: Requested by nominator to address

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 7, 2022

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Worst Gaslighting: 123. Literally trying to gaslight gaslighting
Laziest Non-Gorrell: 150
Worst Label: 171
Most Incomprehensible:198
Worst Obituary: 212
Best Edit/Parody: 228

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Worst Gaslighting: G-133
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-152 Lazy artistically (it's a trace over a photograph) and conceptually, not even an effort at a visual pun
Worst Label: LB-188
Most Incomprehensible: MI-208
Worst Obiturary: OB-211
Best Edit/Parody: P-220 on the basis of "it's the one where I chuckled when I saw it"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
G-111
HC-141
L-146
LB-180
MI-206
OB-212
P-243

bartok
May 10, 2006

G-128
HC-139
L-150
LB-180
MI-208
OB-212
P-248

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Worst Gaslighting
G-130

Most Hypocritical Combo
HC-139

Laziest Non-Gorrell
L-158

Worst Label
LB-180

Most Incomprehensible
MI-209

Worst Obituary
OB-212

Best Edit/Parody
P-230

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Worst Gaslighting: G-121, but god is this a hard one.
Most Hypocritical Combo: HC-139.
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-146
Worst Label: LB-170
Most incomprehensable: MI-192
Best Parody/Edit: P218

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Worst Gaslighting: G-113 (gently caress YOU FOREVER RAMIREZ)
Most Hypocritical Combo: HC-141
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-144 (difficult, as it was a tie between every single Bennett from the year)
Worst Label: LB-187
Most Incomprehensible: MI-208 (lol, I remember this one)
Worst Obituary: OB-212 (eh)
Best Edit/Parody: P-234 (difficult choice between the cum edits)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
G-109

HC-139

L-146

LB-172

MI-195

OB-212

P-231

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Worst Gaslighting: G-132 This was a rough one to pick
Most Hypocritical Combo: HC-138
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-148
Worst Label: LB-172
Most Incomprehensible: MI-208
Worst Obituary: OB-212
Best Edit/Parody: P-230

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
G-124 This one really does it because it encapsulates the whole story. G-113 got the bit about George Floyd (if he only followed directions from his murderer!) But the protests after his death were largely peaceful, despite right wing commentators who kept saying the cities were burning. They weren't, but that justified a violent protest in the Capitol to many people... And so this comic.

HC-139 And so here we are. gently caress you Garrison

L-147

LB-166 Also a pretty good gaslight

MI-193

OB-211

P-230

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
G-113
H-139
L-146
LB-184
MI-200, BTW the one pictured is an edit. The original does feature Marx, but does not feature bearded babies.
P-245

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
G-128, although that is a packed field
HC-139
L-146. I don't know who Kevin Necessary is, so I think it's time we give a nod to a less celebrated cartoonist anti-cartoonist
LB-177. Another very difficult pick! Branco with a strong case for special recognition.
MI-204. I considered McCoy about the couch (but it does have a message you can get to on your own) and the one about the guy who shot five people in Kongsberg (but that one's cheating by being Norwegian), but in the end Danziger's offering is... I wish I could tell you, but I have no loving clue. Are we supposed to recognise those people?
OB-210.
P-218. Bravo! Bravo!

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Worst Gaslighting - G-130
Most Hypocritical Combo - HC-141
Laziest Non-Gorrell - L-146
Worst Label - LB-170
Most Incomprehensible - MI-198
Worst Obituary - OB-212
Best Edit/Parody - P-218

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
round 2
G-132
HC-139
L-146
LB-163
MI-193
OB-211
P-252

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Reminder folks: feel free to vote for the entries in round 1 if you haven't already! I'm breaking things up into rounds because the posts were way over the character limit with all the added contextual posts/screeds, and for mental health reasons.

I also welcome feedback on this approach to voting. Do folks prefer fewer contextual quotes? A single round of voting? Are the nominee codes/voting process clear? Let me know!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I like the contextual quotes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon
A-7 Al Goodwyn, 6/25/2021

Worst "Two Things Happened" Cartoon
AD-16 Steve Breen, 7/21/2021

Best AGC Interpretation
BAGC-20 Michael Ramirez, 11/10/2021

Least Concealed Bigotry (general)
BLGBT-36 Chip Bok, 7/23/2021

Best Overall
BO-48 Rob Rogers, 6/12/2021

Least Concealed Bigotry (race)
BR-77 Michael Ramirez, 10/10/2021

Worst Caricature
C-82 Jeff Danziger, 4/11/2021

Worst Concern Trolling

CT-101 Henry Payne, 10/2/2021

Worst Gaslighting!
G-124 Tony Branco, 7/10/2021

Most Hypocritical Combo
HC-141 Tony Branco, 9/17/2021

Laziest Non-Gorrell
L-149 Clay Bennett, 6/23/2021

Worst Label
LB-166 Stuart Carlson, 4/8/2021

Most Incomprehensible
MI-198 Robert Ariail, 4/22/2021

Worst Obituary
OB-211 Tom Stiglich, 12/8/2021

Best Edit/Parody!
P-234 Pants Donkey, 6/15/2021

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

G-115
HC-139 (141 is close but you could mince words to say that the groups are different)
L-158 You could make this in Word. in 2000
LB-168 Did you really need the labels? While 184 is bad overall the labels at least convay novel info.
MI-195 The bird exists and may slip its cage while its small. AGC
OB-212 NO SAFETY ONLY PRAY
P-214 :dumbbravo: many great contenders but you cant all win

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 30, 2022

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
G-128, gently caress you Ramirez, especially since 113 was my second.
HC-139. gently caress you, Garrison.
L-150. At the very loving least the others had the barest smidgen of drawing to them, this is pathetic.
LB-164. Not just lazy but practically scribbled in as an afterthought. Not nearly the worst in the batch period, but absolutely shittiest label.
MI-208 because without context there is nothing to work with here.
OB-212 because it got edged out in Label by two Ramirezes.
P-233

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Is it possible that there's a cartoon missing? I remember a particularly heinous McCoy about Rittenhouse, and the comments for entry 132 seem to refer to that one.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Skios posted:

Is it possible that there's a cartoon missing? I remember a particularly heinous McCoy about Rittenhouse, and the comments for entry 132 seem to refer to that one.

It’s possible (though unlikely); it might have not been nominated despite being monstrous. I can try yo go back and dig for it later today.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
This is the post that contains the McCoy cartoon in question. Double checking, I think the crossed wires occurred because the cartoon for 132 was nominated in a same category as the McCoy one, Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy, at the top of the same page. The comments under 132 were about the McCoy cartoon, not the Branco cartoon nominated at the top of that particular thread page.

Sorry if that came across as too pedantic. I'm really enjoying all the Politoons content and appreciate the work you put into these threads. I was just trying to clear up some of my own confusion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Skios posted:

This is the post that contains the McCoy cartoon in question. Double checking, I think the crossed wires occurred because the cartoon for 132 was nominated in a same category as the McCoy one, Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy, at the top of the same page. The comments under 132 were about the McCoy cartoon, not the Branco cartoon nominated at the top of that particular thread page.

Sorry if that came across as too pedantic. I'm really enjoying all the Politoons content and appreciate the work you put into these threads. I was just trying to clear up some of my own confusion.

So to be clear, am I missing a nomination or is there just an inapposite comment under 132? I’m trying to figure out what to fix.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It's just the comments that are wrong. Sorry again for causing confusion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Skios posted:

It's just the comments that are wrong. Sorry again for causing confusion.

No worries, I see the source of the error; the mccoy cartoon in question will be nominated later on. Comments deleted.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
G-119
HC-140
L-150
LB-187
MI-206
OB-210
P-226

Man, a full third of the Laziest Non-Gorrell category was Clay Bennett alone.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Contextual quotes good.
Political cartoons bad.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon
A-9

Worst "Two Things Happened" Cartoon
AD-16

Best AGC Interpretation
BAGC-18

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT+)
BLGBT-29

Best Overall
BO-44

Least Concealed Bigotry (race)
BR-77

Worst Caricature
C-87

Worst Concern Trolling
CT-96

Worst Gaslighting
G-119

Most Hypocritical Combo
HC-141

Laziest Non-Gorrell
L-146

Worst Label
LB-183

Most Incomprehensible
MI-203

Worst Obituary
OB-211

Best Edit/Parody
P-250

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

A-7 Miami crying newspaper (Breen's with the wolves is the opposite of Worst!)
C-80 Oprah
L-152 culture war hackery, phoned-in art, low-effort mask game. Trifecta
LB-166 sour note
P-228 pseudoBranco

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

One day late for the soft deadline but here's my second round votes.

Worst Gaslighting: G-113
Most Hypocritical Combo: HC-139
Laziest Non-Gorrell: L-157
Worst Label: LB-188
Most Incomprehensible: MI-208 Holy poo poo how was that Ramirez with the donkey in the egg not nominated for this category? But I had to vote for the one that had absolutely no indication it was about the event it supposedly was about.
Worst Obituary: OB-211
Best Edit/Parody! P-226

So many of these categories where I wanted to vote for like a full 50% or more of the nominees

And... the comments under L-157 seem to be for the wrong cartoon and P-240 seems to be missing entirely.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

And... the comments under L-157 seem to be for the wrong cartoon and P-240 seems to be missing entirely.

Thanks for spotting this, I'll go through and attempt a correction.

edit: L-157 had some orphaned comments from a later set of cartoons, and P-240 was missing a filetype in its address. Both are now fixed.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 2, 2022

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm just surprised nobody else caught it before me, since my votes were a little late.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yep, please do report any issues or gaps you find, folks; the spreadsheet formatter I am using helps a lot, but there's plenty of manual labor involved where errors can slip through.

edit: the formatting issue was caused by a certain cartoon that had a, ah, lot of nominations and comments, and its effects on the dataset will take a bit more time to correct. Please bear with me.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 3, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Sorry for the doublepost, but I think we should try to avoid having a second round on the same page, we're in 56k warning territory. I'm still eagerly awaiting further feedback on this approach to the kellies.

Additionally, KennyMan666, if you can provide a standard format for uploading nominees/winners to the wiki sours wiki, I can begin figuring out what that process looks like (and so can the enterprising goons who are looking for ways to make this whole process more automated!)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'll take a look, should be fairly simple.

Edit: So here's the code for the first section of the 2019 Gaybies (the 2020 Kellies were never uploaded apparently):

code:
===Worst Can't Let Hillary/Obama Go Cartoon===

For the second year running, Ben Garrison takes this category, with 37% of the vote (a full 50%, actually, if you count the votes for his runner-up cartoon) going to his grotesque hatred of Hillary Clinton.

[[File:2019_hillary1.png|600px]]

Runners-up: 

[[File:2019_hillary2.png|250px]]

[[File:2019_hillary3.png|250px]]
So just insert the proper filenames after [[File:, no need to think about image size because the wiki then generates thumbnails with the specified pixel width.

So the template if you want to follow the same format is

code:
===CATEGORY NAME===

<text>

[[File:WINNER.xxx|600px]]

Runners-up:

[[File:RUNNER-UP1.xxx|250px]]

[[File:RUNNER-UP2.xxx|250px]]
Mass-uploading images isn't possible in the wiki software, I have no idea if it'll work if I upload them manually.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 4, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kellies Voting: Part 3
Link to Part 1 nominees
Link to Part 2 nominees
You can continue to vote on nominees from earlier groups!

We have too many nominees, and too many comments about the nominees, so I'm having to split voting into multiple sets.
Voting on all nominees ends Midnight, April 23.

How to vote
Each category has a letter or letter combo, and each cartoon has a number.
Make a post with the number of each entry you're voting for and what category it's in. I'll take either the letter or the category name.
You get one vote per category. If you're changing your vote, please change your existing post.
If you want to vote on categories you haven't already voted in, feel free to make a new post! Additionally, you can continue to vote on nominees from earlier rounds!

Kellies Kategories and Nominees
Notes: I removed or condensed a couple categories because they got no or only one nomination. Listed dates are posting date for the image. Unless otherwise stated, any text following a nominee is context from its original posting or nomination -either commentary from the thread and the nominator, or an accompanying statement by the artist.

Most Easily Reinterpreted
R-254 Chip Bok, 1/17/2021

quote:

Trump's lies and lovely record deserve to go down the drain and into the disposal. Effortless AGC.

quote:

Also, he did it to himself. I genuinely struggle to read this comic any other way

quote:

He's clearly flipping the switch to on.

R-255 Mike Lester, 2/6/2021

R-256 Bruce Tinsley, 2/12/2021

quote:

It's baffling cause yeah, a straight read of that sentence is implying that the only difference between murderous dictators and conservatives is that the former still have their twitter accounts. Good..... job, Tinsley???

quote:

He's admitting that conservatives are vile creatures who are being punished lol

quote:

Well, that is extremely poor wording, Tinsley.

R-257 Chip Bok, 3/3/2021

R-258 Michael Ramirez, 3/16/2021

R-259 Bill Bramhall, 3/21/2021

R-260 Chip Bok, 3/31/2021

R-261 Ben Garrison, 4/9/2021

quote:

BREAKING THE CRYSTAL BALL

When the virus plandemic began to unfold, I heard Ben make several predictions that came true. He knew the virus would be used to hurt Trump’s reelection, but he didn’t know that the Democrats would use it to leverage mail-in ballot fraud that allowed the unpopular Biden to steal the presidency outright.

I do remember Ben railing against mask wearing. He predicted that they’d become permanent and they have been for nearly a year now. They’re still being over-worn even though many governors have dropped their mandates—which weren’t even law in the first place. Governors can’t make laws, but if corporations enforce the mandates then that’s that.

The most ominous thing that Ben fretted about were the dangerous vaccines. He knew they were coming and he saw that they would become mandatory. He knew that Bill Gates would use them as a means of control through tracking and eventually they’d be used to depopulate the Earth. We’ve seen too many people eagerly line up to take the jabs even though the evidence of them causing injury and death have been overwhelming. Too many people have received the vaccine and then dropped dead within weeks.

Ben has assembled a collection of his ant-medical tyranny cartoons drawn over the past 10 years. I have a few cartoons in the book myself. Most were drawn during the last year. The book will come out later this month and we hope you consider purchasing it to help our cause at GrrrGraphics. We hope the book will be widely seen in order to help raise awareness of how the virus has been used to strip us of our liberties.

—Tina

quote:

Not that I particularly want to untangle the webs of Garrison's brain spiders, but how is mask mandates being eased across the country somehow both proof that masks were never legitimate and also proof that the NWO will force you to wear them forever?

quote:

I can't believe Ben Garrison is personally releasing the police state on all of us! I also can't believe the police state is so adorable!

R-262 Gary Varvel, 4/17/2021

quote:

The only reason I can even tell that the cartoonist expects us to agree with guy on the ground is that I've had my brain broken from years of reading this thread, if you just showed this to a random person they'd tell you the ground guy is obviously supposed to be the butt of the joke

R-263 Michael Ramirez, 4/21/2021

quote:

Yes, Mike. The US doesn't stop being racist just because 12 people in Minneapolis made the right decision.

quote:

Yes, even though the justice system got it right this time it's still incredibly racist, AGC.

R-264 Michael Ramirez, 4/22/2021

R-265 Lisa Benson, 4/23/2021

R-266 Clay Bennett, 4/25/2021

quote:

Less intelligent people should be denied health care, ABC.

I know what he's getting at don't @ me

R-267 McGinger, 5/3/2021

R-268 McGinger, 5/3/2021

R-269 McGinger, 5/3/2021

R-270 Lisa Benson, 5/7/2021

quote:

The Free Lunch building is larger and clearly more successful/appealing looking, AGC.

R-271 Lisa Benson, 5/19/2021

quote:

Bidenomics are essential for economy to continue to function.
An Economics Cartoon.

quote:

Bidenomics are essential for economy to function, and the Democrats are ensuring that the economy functions long into the future

R-272 Loren Fishman, 5/29/2021

R-273 Ben Garrison, 6/2/2021

quote:

BIDEN THE CROOK IN CHIEF

Biden’s Memorial Day speech included this howler:

“Terrorism from white supremacy is the most lethal threat to our homeland today."

There was no mention of terrorism from BLM or Antifa who were busy looting and burning city streets across America last summer. No. It’s white supremacists. Undoubtedly the Marxists will tie that to ‘white privilege.’ The end game will be about attacking Trump supporters. Biden will say it sooner or later—he and his Marxist gang will call all of us who think Trump is the legitimate president ‘terrorists.’ It will give them the excuse to crack down and lock in more power for their uni-party, the Socialist Democrats. They never want a Republican president again. They want a uni-party like they have in communist China.

Reminder the Democrats hate you, your skin color, your children and your ancestors.

Marxists have no conscience or desire to obey laws or the Constitution. To them, the end justifies the means and that end is more power for them.

They knew the corrupt and befuddled Biden didn’t have much of a chance for a legitimate win, so they stole the election for him outright. Joe is not our president.

He’s a puppet of a regime that hijacked our country. Their crimes are ongoing. Biden is their crook in chief.

—Ben Garrison

quote:

You can't interpret it any other way than the way Garrison doesn't want you to! How can you gently caress up a simple cartoon that bad

R-274 Gary McCoy, 7/2/2021

quote:

Because seriously, I can't see any way to read this except "Without government regulation people will buy dangerous stuff because it's cheaper."

R-275 Ben Garrison, 7/8/2021

quote:

You don't even have to do that. "Trump is chasing imaginary enemies" is the only way to read that cartoon.

quote:

Alternatively you can read that Ben Garrison is a goddamned moron

R-276 Henry Payne, 7/16/2021

R-277 Loren Fishman, 7/16/2021

R-278 Mike Lester, 9/14/2021

quote:

Yeah like is the comic mixing metaphors and trying to say vaccinations are useless against lion attacks?

Because the lion is labeled ""covid"" so that implies that a vaccination against the lion exists, and yeah if you can vaccinate against an out of control lion, wouldn't you?
" "

quote:

If there were a dangerous, clearly man-eating lion in a crowded tent, then yes, I would want to be sure that the audience could not be hurt by him. How is that a dumb decision? Hell he's even prioritizing their safety over his own.
Also, Biden has COVID? What?

quote:

If there's one things conservatives hate, it's massive clown entertainer Presidents

R-279 Loren Fishman, 9/17/2021

R-280 David Horsey, 9/25/2021

quote:

As red-state Republicans conduct an all-out assault on abortion rights, Democrats are trying to rally their troops to fight back. Democratic unity is being undercut, though, by a fervent faction on the party’s left, including New York U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, that insists abortion should no longer be called a woman’s issue.

Their concern? The transgender people who are capable of having babies but who do not identify as women.

Apparently, some on the left are willing to compromise the urgent need to defend a woman’s right to choose in order to play a semantic game. Yes, a tiny number of people among the million or so trans folks in America can and do produce offspring and might also opt for abortion to keep from having babies. At some time, there might be an interesting discussion to be had about whether it is a pressing need to acknowledge that fact, even though 99.9% of births, as well as abortions, involve women. But this ain’t the time.

Nothing would confirm that Democrats are out of touch with average voters more than the inability of Democratic politicians to articulate a broad generalization: Women have babies; men do not.

This semantic obsession among activists and academics on the left often seems less like an important corrective to long-time discrimination than a game of gotcha in which less “woke” persons – especially old-time liberals – can be intimidated into deference. Over several decades, terms such as homosexual, Negro and Indian were sensibly replaced with gay, Black and Native American. In the last few years, the change in terminology has speeded up. Gay and lesbian morphed into an ever-expanding list of letters, currently LGBTQIA2+. People of color also was altered by the same obsessively-inclusive shorthand; the au courant term is now BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color).

Also, if you failed to get the memo, Latino is out; Latinx is in. The fact that a majority of Latinos are perfectly happy with that culturally congruent term and don’t like having an awkward “x” slapped on the end of their identifier or that a great number of American Indian tribes stubbornly resist being called something else does not seem to matter to the militant semanticists. To them, showy ideological purity seems to be more important than building a broad political coalition.

There’s a word for that: arrogance.

quote:

Yes, Horsey, shut da gently caress up!!

quote:

quote:

I know this thread gives plenty of examples, but it's almost incredible to see a professional political cartoonist this incompetent at art.

R-281 Bob Gorrell, 9/28/2021

R-282 Tatsuya Ishida, 10/11/2021

quote:

So the Church of Science provides free masks, free vaccines, and free food to those in need? This place is great! That plague doctor is a cool dude.

R-283 Mike Lester, 10/20/2021

quote:

"Also, you're a terrible father."

quote:

Gay men make better fathers

R-284 Scott Stantis, 10/23/2021

quote:

While I'm sure it doesn't have much of a chance at year's end, something about this one really pisses me off more than a load of more overtly offensive ones, so I don't want to see it passed over.

quote:

I'd go for most easily reinterpreted- if we didn't know what we do about the author, a Republican talking point defeated plus murder and manslaughter versus two very dubious credits would leave me to think we're supposed to side with the coyote.

R-285 Steve Kelley, 11/5/2021

quote:

kelley's nomination

R-286 Gary Varvel, 11/14/2021

quote:

I hate Illinois Indiana nazis.

R-287 Tony Branco, 11/14/2021

quote:

The Beat Goes On
White supremacy and systemic racism are almost nonexistent but it’s the only tool the Dems have.

R-288 Chip Bok, 11/19/2021

R-289 Tom Stiglich, 11/30/2021

quote:

Because the Salvation Army is a poo poo organization run by poo poo people.

R-290 Clay Jones, 12/6/2021

quote:

Skios: I can see how this cartoon can be read that way, but given the artist's history, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially since it refers to two specific things - Lauren Boebert 'joking' to her security staff when Ilhan Omar approached an elevator she was in: "It's okay guys, we're safe, she doesn't have a backpack." and, y'know, the whole January sixth thing. It feels pretty obvious to me that the fear of the person on the right in this cartoon is meant to be the much more realistic one.

quote:

Yeah, the point this cartoonist is trying to make is definitely ""One of these things actually happened.""
But it doesn't really stick the landing.

quote:

It's because the thought on the right is way too long and out of context sounds fantastical. It should've just been something like "I hope that white guy doesn't attack me just because I'm muslim" which is both easy to understand and also a plausible thought to have in that scenario

R-291 Mike Lester, 12/7/2021

quote:

I mean, yeah? Both of those people suck and did crimes.

What exactly is this one trying to say?

quote:

I think he's whining about men being treated unfairly when it comes to allegations of abuse. How can you say you should "believe women" when this one woman is a nonce? Checkmate, liberals.

quote:

I think he's just saying Chris Cuomo (noted democrat) is as bad as Ghislaine Maxwell, someone who's entirely famous for being a sexual trafficker. It's not like Maxwell is a famous right-winger.

R-292 Ben Garrison, 12/20/2021

quote:

WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER Democratic Senator Joe Manchin said he will not vote for Biden’s ‘Build Back Better’ $2.2 trillion social safety net and Green New Deal bill despite his earlier meetings with Joe. Many thought an agreement had been hammered out. Manchin has shown more principle than McConnell, but will he continue to hold his ground? I wouldn’t be surprised to see him vote ‘yes’ once the spending amount is cut down to something that might appear to be more reasonable and less ridiculous. (It will still be ridiculous, though.) Perhaps this is all theater. Remember, Manchin voted ‘yes’ on Trump’s impeachment: “Today I voted guilty on the articles of impeachment brought against former President Trump to hold him accountable for his seditious actions and words that threatened our democracy.” Manchin spouts the usual blather about ‘our democracy,’ when in reality we are a republic. “Our democracy” is a buzz phrase for ‘our socialism.’ I suspect Manchin wants socialism—he’s not a ‘moderate.’ Let’s keep that in mind amid all the praise currently being showered upon him by conservatives. Sure, it’s nice to see someone stand up against the spending machine and I’ll be happy to be proven wrong. If I am wrong and Manchin can’t be swayed, look for more Republican RINOs to come to Joe’s aid. I’m sorry for being cynical, but the New World Order seems tough to stop at this point. They have all the money in the world and they don’t hesitate to exert influence and political pressure to achieve their dark ends. — Ben “Glass Half Empty” Garrison

quote:

Seriously, without his accompanying rant, is there any way to see Manchin the rear end faced reindeer as anything but the antagonist in this?

R-293 Michael Ramirez, 12/20/2021

R-294 Michael Ramirez, 11/10/2021

quote:

So...US Border Security lets through what is supposed to be let through, and stops the things that aren't?

Holy poo poo this is a loving terrible metaphor.

quote:

Border Security only lets the finest through. A Still Problematic Cartoon

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
TG-295 John Spooner, 3/22/2021

quote:

Commuter disruption as climate activists begin week-long 'autumn rebellion' (The Age). The usual crowd have been using the floods as an argument against climate change.

quote:

I knew it was coming and yet, this surpassed my expectations in referencing something that made people angry about 6 months ago just to really rub in the "Wow, flooding and cold temperatures. So much for global warming" :hurr:

quote:

How can the climate be changing when we're having unprecedented natural disasters and inexplicable weather fluctuations???

TG-296 Michael Ramirez, 3/23/2021

quote:

Holy poo poo.

quote:

This is his holding pattern cartoon where he waits to see whether the shooter was just a lone wolf who had a bad day and played too many video games, or a radical anti-American terrorist

TG-297 Mark Knight, 4/27/2021

TG-298 Steve Benson, 5/18/2021

quote:

Friendly reminder that America did far more damage to itself in retaliation for 9/11, and out of fear of it happening again, than the terrorist could have ever dreamed of doing on their own. The country would be objectively better off today if we had just tightened our internal security a bit and then moved on. This is, naturally, in addition to the colossal damage inflicted on other countries and people almost all of which had nothing to do with the attack.

TG-299 Al Goodwyn, 6/25/2021

TG-300 Tim Campbell, 8/5/2021

quote:

Is there a Kellies nomination: biggest suck-up to Capital?

TG-301 Scott Stantis, 9/29/2021

TG-302 Ted Rall, 10/11/2021

quote:

So here's the thing, because I've got quite a bit of rage and a keyboard, I've got thoughts to get out, and sorry but this is going to get uncomfortable, might want to keep scrolling:

Someone doesn't have a think one day and go ""man, I feel guilty, I'd better go eat a bullet"". They don't spend twenty minutes crying in the shower and that's that. They don't have a bad dream, wake up with a Sad, and then go end their existence. Unlike the World of Ted Rall, in which Ted looks at statistics and goes ""ah, it is only just, why don't more kids go kill themselves while I, Ted Rall, draw a cartoon about how much I don't care"", the real world contains people in excruciating pain who see no possible means of escape. Maybe they have no one they feel they can turn to. Maybe they're too ashamed to tell people. Maybe they have no access to medical treatment and therapy. Maybe they have all of those things, but they're in so much pain that they feel they don't deserve any of them. Maybe they run into a Ted Rall who is too busy sniffing his own farts and looking down from on high, who draws a cartoon like this and doesn't once think about what happens when one of the people in this situation looks at his lovely art and his shittier takes and sees nothing but confirmation of what their brain is already telling them, namely that they're entirely correct and the world is better off without them. I'm not just talking about military personnel with that last either; someone being that loving dismissive, even encouraging, of suicide is harmful to anyone in such a situation, because, again, unlike the World of Ted Rall and his Good Opinion Facts, in the real world wherein there are real people the traumatized and mentally ill don't sit about rationally contemplating the horrors going through their head.

Because suicide is horrifying. Everything surrounding suicide is horrifying. Suicide is the last stage of a disease that kills far, far, far more people than society ever admits. In fact, society usually encourages it. The disease is shameful; sufferers want to hide it away, not tell people, never tell people, because if you tell someone then they'll know, they'll treat you differently, they'll judge you, you'll cause them pain (and, your brain tells you, you are already causing them too much pain by existing). If you tell someone then you have to admit you have it, and if you admit you have it, that means you're crazy. That means you're weak. That means you're all the things you're already being told you are. That means you have to go and tell other people, you have to go talk to a stranger with a medical degree and tell them your deepest darkest thoughts, and you have to do that without sugarcoating it, without downplaying how you feel because it's probably not that bad, no one should worry about you, you're exaggerating and making a big deal and you're just not worth any of it. And it doesn't end when the disease kills a person, because everyone around them, everyone who cared, whether they tried to help or not, whether they knew or not, now all of those people are in horrible pain, and that pain might not ever end either.

Fun fact, did you know that ""suicide survivor"" can also refer to friends and family that were close to the victim? Ted Rall sure doesn't! Other things Ted Rall neither knows nor cares about : PTSD is not uncommon, years of therapy is even less uncommon, and it's a very real possibility that somewhere down the line a suicide survivor doesn't actually survive it. But wait, there's more! Suicide is shameful. If someone dies of cancer or a car crash, you can tell people they died of cancer or a car crash, and at no point is anyone going to tell you that your dead loved one was weak, or selfish, or a coward, at no point are they going to look at you and tell you that the person you're mourning is going to hell. Suicide? You want to hide it. Quietly tuck it away. You dread mentioning the person who died because someone is going to ask how. You're afraid to seek help, because people are going to judge you, and worse they're going to judge the person you lost.

Like, oh, I don't know, Ted ""needle shark fucker"" Rall, who is here to tell you that the balm for unending death, loss, and pain is even more unending death, loss, and pain, let's just (poorly) draw some sad people burying loved ones and going ""yes, I approve of other people going through this, more of that"", because I am absolutely one hundred percent certain that none of the dead loved ones they're burying went out the same way, and they're all as callous and stupid as a man who draws a drone firing a missile that's roughly the same size from bomb doors that it could never fit through and for gently caress's sake it took me three looks before I realized it wasn't the world's most poorly sketched bird dropping a gigantic poo poo why are you so loving bad at this, Ted.

I'm sure there are people out there as depicted in this Terrible Garbage Cartoon who feel this is the closest thing to justice they'll ever get, and I'm not going to judge them over it (wow am I not going to judge them over it) but those people are not this shithead, who never seems to have had a human emotion in his life because he's too busy being a smugness elemental who thinks coffins look like mint tins.
"

quote:

As someone with a long history of various mental illnesses, suicide attempts, and family suicide who was recently diagnosed with PTSD (Not the combat kind, I'm not on the top tier of "gently caress you, Ted" as them), thanks for posting this even though it was tough to read. People need to hear how this happens, and I could do 3 ted talks off the top of my head about my thoughts on the word "crazy".
"

quote:

I finally overcame all the guilt and shame I felt around my depression to be able to seek help. I can definitely attest to how damaging words like ""crazy"" can be, especially when they come from family. I think most people struggling just want someone to listen, and all to often people will respond dismissively, telling you that you are crazy, ""that's just life, get over it,"" ""stop being a victim,"" ""bootstrap yourself out"" etc. If it were that easy, you would have done it.
For anyone else struggling, your experience is absolutely valid, and its doesn't matter that you didn't fight in war, all trauma is real trauma. I was 30 years old when I realized PTSD isn't something only war vets get. PTSD doesn't haven't to be a single traumatic event either, it can be a reoccurrence of several smaller ones, which are often times harder to see. Its a real hell to try and deal with it alone, find someone to help you.
And to anyone who knows someone that is struggling, or even someone that is quick to angry outbursts. Remember that they are human, we all are. Try to see them as a wounded child, not a crazy adult. Try to connect with empathy and make them feel heard and validated. Encourage them to get professional help too, but not through shame.

TG-303 Mike Lester, 11/10/2021

quote:

Was wondering when someone was going to get to this.

TG-304 Mike Lester, 11/13/2021

TG-305 Mike Lester, 11/23/2021

TG-306 Tony Branco, 11/23/2021

quote:

See Only Evil
There are none so blind as those who will not see… Rittenhouse Shoots 3 white guys and the leftist MS media tries to turn it into a race war.

TG-307 Gary McCoy, 11/24/2021

quote:

What is this poo poo?

quote:

well you know how the marching orders are to insist that any criticism of rittenhouse is media libel?

mccoy probably just skimmed them and thought he was supposed to use his medium to libel the victims

quote:

Gotta do a calm Hitler cartoon in this style

""Gee maw they say this Adolf Hitler guy is bad and isn't a hero right, but hasn't he restored our national volkish spirit, cleaned up the parliament, defended our country from internal wreckers and parasites, protected private property from the Bolshevik threat, restored honor to the national military, made Germany respected on the world stage, united the German people into a single homeland, and given us a shining vision of the future for the next thousand years?""
""Why yes he has son, yes he has""
""Gosh golly gee maw, he sure sounds like a hero to me!""

quote:

Just a casual conversation between a mom and her son who casually mentions his rape by a man

quote:

“Like the guy who raped me.” God drat. He found something worse than having a black character say his talking points for him.

quote:

""like the guy who raped me"".

What the flying gently caress is going on in this cartoon's world, McCoy's head, and the brain of conservatives who are using this as a talking point?

TG-308 Michael Ramirez, 11/25/2021

quote:

he made the badge say Turd instead of Ford

Two Pulitzers

Most Willfully Dense
WD-309 George Alexopoulos, 2/3/2021

quote:

You know what, gently caress it. This is just so loving stupid in so many ways.

WD-310 Chip Bok, 2/13/2021

WD-311 Michael Ramirez, 3/18/2021

WD-312 Henry Payne, 3/20/2021

WD-313 Gary McCoy, 3/29/2021

WD-314 Henry Payne, 4/7/2021

quote:

Planes are shaped like beluga whales, right?

WD-315 Henry Payne, 4/24/2021

quote:

Who in the world is this man who's riding Biden?

WD-316 Loren Fishman, 6/26/2021

WD-317 Loren Fishman, 7/18/2021

quote:

It's pretty horrifying that Fishman's literate enough to know how a lot of the lingo is used but then applies it in the exact opposite of reality context of this particular speech.

quote:

very funny to have a powerful white man explain why only powerful white men matter is good, actually,

WD-318 Terry C Wise, 8/29/2021

quote:

Universal thinks Harry Potter and Peter Parker are historical figures, or Ratman actually believes the Biblical Flood is fiction.

quote:

I don't know, seeing the author stand-in barely out-argue a strawman deliberately written to be even dumber is really bringing me around!!

quote:

How can I be racist if the person I drew to say all of my beliefs is black?? Checkmate libs.

WD-319 Gary McCoy, 9/4/2021

quote:

Just bravo, bravo.
"

quote:

Literally the dumbest argument I've ever seen in this entire thread.
Also one of the most stark caricatures I've seen. Not against a specific kind of woman, even, but just against ""woman"". Against all women. It is a woman caricature.
"

quote:

I guess we know which Pixar short Gary saw recently.

WD-320 Ted Rall, 9/4/2021

quote:

Blame He Who Must Be Named Donald Trump has not been president of United States for well over six months, yet Democrats continue to blame him for everything that goes wrong. How long will they be able to place blame before taking responsibility?

quote:

If you can't completely turn a bitter country around in one year what are you even doing?

WD-321 Scott Stantis, 9/6/2021

quote:

That PC is basically just a far worse version of this Garfield cartoon from 1978

WD-322 Gary McCoy, 10/9/2021

quote:

holy poo poo what a stupid argument, identifying shapes isn't in a job interview, obviously teaching that to kids must be a waste of time

quote:

Gary McCoy sucks at art, metaphor, and has lovely opinions on top of it. Maybe having a good foundation could have helped him out.

quote:

It's simple, why both teaching the poors anything extra except what they need to know to work at Amazon or McDonald's or w/e

WD-323 John Spooner, 10/26/2021

WD-324 Scott Stantis, 10/23/2021

quote:

quote:

I love how Stantis actually brings up ignoring the AIDS epidemic and tries to follow it up with ""But on balance""

Like, even if you ignore the horrifying politics surrounding the decision, over 700,000 people have died in the US alone, many of these deaths could have been prevented if decisive action had been taken early on.

But when you look at the politics you realize that he and the other higher ups seriously hoped that the epidemic would be the answer to gays existing.
They wanted AIDS to kill off the gay community, so they stood by and did nothing.
So, to put this simply:

WD-325 Ted Rall, 11/5/2021

quote:

We Will Keep Fighting for Your Right to Vote for Us
Democrats oppose Republican schemes to make it harder to vote. No one can argue with that. But what’s the point of voting if it doesn’t lead to meaningful change?

quote:

I don't think Rall reads the news. A good quality in an editorial cartoonist.

WD-326 Jeff Stahler, 11/17/2021

quote:

This man's brain is an extra-dimensional hypersphere spinning frictionlessly, blissfully.

quote:

Wait lol that comic is anti infrastructure? He just wants the bridge to collapse under him because temporary lane closures are annoying?

quote:

The original talking point behind the empty thought bubble was ""old white people don't be fooled by Biden's outwardly comforting appearance of a cop-loving racist old white man, for you see he is an incontinent senile puppet of a SCARY BLACK MAN Obama or maybe even a WOMAN!""

But since then they've been working themselves into a frothing hatred of Biden personally. Branco has forgotten why he included the blank thought bubble in the first place so he's still drawing it in as he draws Biden doing the evil communist mastermind stuff directly and deliberately even though it makes no sense.

WD-327 Tony Branco, 11/18/2021

quote:

Overwhelmed
Illegal immigrants along with MS-13, Drugs, crime, Human trafficking, and Covid pouring across the border have Biden building a wall around his house.
"

quote:

Simultaneously depicting him as being a wilful deadly threat and having an empty thought bubble is peak :umberto:

quote:

I didn't know Biden employed goblins in the White House, definitely a big mistake though since you can't trust goblins, as you can tell by this one lying to him.

WD-328 Gary Varvel, 11/26/2021

quote:

I can think of no better backdrop for my "I can't buy poo poo because inflation" toon than the movie that is well known for its anti-commercial message.

quote:

But...the tree...the whole point of the...oh what's the use.

WD-329 Jeff Stahler, 12/9/2021

quote:

I don't know for which category, but I feel like this needs to be a Worst Something. It's just so goddamn dumb.

WD-330 Tom Stiglich, 12/14/2021

quote:

Literal opposite of reality over here. Joy: conservatives want to ban video games and porn all the loving time and basically just hate fun Love: conservatives want to ban sex before marriage and any non-traditional relationships all the loving time and basically just hate romance Peace: :lol: don't get me started

quote:

Not gonna lie, I definitely want a MISERY Hatred DISCORD shirt.

WD-331 Steve Kelley, 12/31/2021

Stay Tuned for the worst of the worst!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 8, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It's time to pick the biggest loser of a big year. Buckle up for Worst Overall
WO-332 Michael Ramirez, 2/12/2021

quote:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ohA2PWSIXIApLxLHi/giphy.gif

WO-333 Chip Bok, 2/13/2021

quote:

I never thought I'd ever bother to do this again but Jesus loving making GBS threads Christ.

WO-334 Ben Garrison, 3/13/2021

quote:

George Floyd had a violent, drug-riddled criminal history. He was convicted of armed robbery and served time in prison. Big and muscular, he worked as a bouncer at a Minneapolis night club.

Still, when I saw him trapped under the knee of a cop and begging for mercy, I was outraged. Clearly the police officer had choked Floyd to death. I drew a cartoon to express my disgust. I thought it was an open and shut case—shocking police brutality, then murder.

Yet at the time I didn’t know the entire story. Tucker Carlson recently showed additional video footage on his program. Something was clearly wrong with Floyd as he sat in his car and begged not to be shot. He was already panicking before the police laid a finger on him. The cops calmly promised they wouldn’t shoot him—they simply wanted to question him for passing a counterfeit bill. Floyd kept begging for mercy and the police eventually asked him if he was ‘on’ something. It was that obvious. It was unlikely Floyd was even fit to drive.

As it turned out, Floyd had a tremendous amount of Fentanyl in his body, along with methamphetamine. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid drug known to be very dangerous. Most of it is produced in China and shipped to America via Mexico.

To my surprise, the police officer was using acceptable and department-approved procedure with his knee maneuver. Supposedly it was ’safe.’ That strikes me as absurd, but a drug addled Floyd could easily have died from Fentanyl. The stress he was under probably triggered life-ending symptoms.

Here are symptoms of a Fentanyl overdose:

Low blood pressure
Drowsiness
Dizziness
Limp body
Slowed or stopped breathing
Decreased heart rate
Reduced or loss of consciousness
Coma

Of course, the left and their ‘fact checking’ sites will tell us drugs had nothing to do with Floyd’s death. His martyrdom must be protected! The socialists used Floyd’s death to incite the BLM and Antifa to burn, loot, and destroy cities across America last summer. We were told Floyd was a saint, a great father, and an all-around exemplary human being. Clearly he wasn’t the latter, but regardless, he didn’t deserve to die in the street in such a manner. The City of Minneapolis admitted this when they awarded Floyd’s family a record $27 million payout.

If the police officer is found not guilty, look for the socialists to go on a violent rampage once again.
WO-335 Tony Branco, 3/30/2021

quote:

I had no idea what this is referring to, as the only thing I can find about $630 million is it going towards environmental items such as parks and then towards the arts. I had to visit a right-wing site to see that arts bit includes LGBT PEOPLE DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to find two beehives to wear over my chest because I’m very current with the latest in transgender fashion.

quote:

Hell yeah. I love how all these people tell on themselves by drawing the US taxpayer as a tubby white guy probably 10-15 years younger than they are and with a fuller head of hair, but always in male boomer fashion favorites like t-shirts tucked into jeans or the khakis/polo combo.

WO-336 Bob Gorrell, 3/30/2021

WO-337 Ben Garrison, 3/31/2021

quote:

“WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD IS RUNNING TOWARDS A CLIFF, HE WHO IS RUNNING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION APPEARS TO HAVE LOST HIS MIND.”
― C. S. LEWIS

The globalist ruling caste and their mass media want you to take COVID-19 shots. Right now! Don’t think—just do it. Unfortunately too many are robotically getting the jabs even though there have been many reports of the recipients dropping dead shortly thereafter.

I read about New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and what she said regarding enforcing her COVID-19 mandates. She said she wasn’t worried—the people would take care of most of it. And they did, just like they’ve done here in America. Peer pressure and fear are bad combinations and there are always ‘Karens,’ both male and female, who will hector those not following the ‘new normal.’ One of those so-called ‘normals’ is wearing a mask and it’s anything but normal. It does nothing to halt a virus and causes many other problems. They are also dehumanizing. I had one of these people hijack me in the parking lot of local grocery store. He was grumpy and accusatory—“Why aren’t you wearing a mask?,” he barked. I wasn’t even in the store, but perhaps he saw me inside shopping–sans mask. I quickly realized I didn’t want to argue the merits of mask wearing with a complete stranger, but his audacity angered me. I considered him to be an ignorant ‘maskhole.’

Brainwashed people such as the maskhole do the enforcement work for Bill Gates. He uses such people as weapons of mass stupidity.

Another group can be called ‘virtue signalers.’ They will gladly take any and all vaccinations without question or reflection. They trust ‘science.’ Scientists will always treat their health as their paramount concern, right? Wrong. The big vaccine makers are concerned with making billions of dollars first and foremost. They are also protected from prosecution if their vaccines cause harm. They can’t be sued, which means they can take short cuts. Unaccountability does not go hand in hand with safety. A few thousand drop dead from their experimental concoctions? Have the mainstream media ignore such stories. Vaccine makers also use paid operatives to attack whistleblowers.

Amazingly, even those who suffered severe side effects will often claim that they are proud of getting the shots and would do it again. Ben Stein is an example.

The globalists are marshaling all forces to brainwash people into getting the dangerous inoculations. Even religious figures such as Franklin Graham (son of Billy Graham) who proudly calls himself a globalist for Jesus. He said everyone should get the shots and claimed Jesus Himself would support the experimental vaccines. Considering that most vaccine makers add aborted fetal tissue to their product sort of makes me think that Jesus may not approve. He would also not approve of experimental gene therapy on millions of humans who have perfectly adequate immune systems.

Finally, Joe Biden allows anyone to waltz into our country without testing, vaccinations, IDs, or passports…yet he wants Americans to get a vaccine passport to identify themselves as jab recipients before they can enjoy freedom. It’s a gross violation of our Fourth Amendment, but Bill Gates and China want it, so Biden is pushing it. He wants no ID as a prerequisite for voting, however.

Fauci and Gates helped China develop the virus in the first place. They are traitors. LOCK THEM UP!

—Ben Garrison
WO-338 Tony Branco, 3/31/2021

quote:

A Bad Hand: Some are feeling tinges of “mark of the beast” in Biden’s call for vaccine Passports.

WO-339 Michael Leunig, 4/3/2021

quote:

"I'm exactly like Jesus because people got mad at my racism" sure is a hell of a take.

quote:

There is no prick in this entire loving country that I want to punch more than Michael Leunig. :australia:

WO-340 Michael Ramirez, 4/15/2021

quote:

Oh look, the fire Ramirez needs to die in.

quote:

Great loving timing on this one today, Ramirez.

quote:

Also the really strong implication that young Black children are disconnected from their communities and that Black people aren't thinking through their actions

gently caress that Ramirez is really, really bad

quote:

okay, im officially in ""if i see Ramirez in real life i dont think i could stop myself from beating the poo poo out of him until someone physically pulls me off of him."" territory

Like.. didnt the kid literally get shot because he did the hands up when he was told hands up

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Holy shiiit if there was ever a reason for him to get the gently caress fired out of a cannon.

Also, Christians are probably the last people who would benefit if we started to showcase cultures solely from their worst sides.

WO-341 Mike Lester, 4/19/2021

quote:

I don't think it's going to beat out Ramirez, since Lester is only good at beating his wife, but it's still a contender.

quote:

1) The only reason Lester cares about the detention and abuse of Uighurs in China is because it's a way for him to say China Bad. If it were happening in any other country he wouldn't give a poo poo about a Muslim population being oppressed.
2) Note the bartender, who is Black-coded and is playing the role of ""background character who agrees with Lester and is looking into the camera to indicate this"". (Lester often includes this character in his cartoons; when he's talking about race the character is almost always Black or Black-coded.)
3) Note the difference in skin tones between the first and second speakers; the second is clearly meant to be Standard White Person, and the first is... :chloe:

quote:

Holy poo poo, gently caress you Lester.

quote:

I can only read that Lester as "THIS IS WHAT CONSERVATIVES ACTUALLY BELIEVE". We're led to think he's a hypocrite liberal, but this is just face value conservative gatekeeping.

quote:

He's going for a double ""You're the real racist.""

Hypocritical libs and black people are both the Real Racists because they both think that slavery only ever happened to Africans.
It's on the same Greatest Hits album as ""Actually, the Africans are the ones who were doing the most selling other Africans to the whites"" and ""Irish people can't be racist because they were also slaves""

WO-342 Tony Branco, 4/21/2021

quote:

Jesus Christ these people are just reveling in any excuse to be racist.

quote:

Also allow me to say gently caress you Branco, you racist turd

quote:

Really not sure how Maxine Water's comments impacted the trial as the jury was supposed to be sequestered in the first place. But yes, thank you for acknowledging all of this was because of someone kneeling on another person's neck, you racist piece of poo poo. I can only hope that you suffer a karmic death at the hands of the police you love so much.

WO-343 Clay Bennett, 6/12/2021

quote:

It's just so loving weak. It's a pathetic cartoon. Like, scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard you wore a hole through it.

quote:

It's not as lazy as Gorrell but Gorrell has never drawn a good cartoon so it's more disappointing

quote:

Approaching Prickly City levels of pointless nothing.

quote:

Makes me long for the days of fallen letters and builders

WO-344 Ted Rall, 6/16/2021

quote:

Blame Joe Manchin for Everything Joe Manchin, the Democratic senator from West Virginia who makes headlines for voting with the Republicans on important issues, gets attacked a lot by Democrats who help to saddle him with the blame for their lack of legislative achievements.

quote:

This almost deserves a Worst Cartoon nomination based on the art alone, this is abominable even by the artist's standards.

quote:

I guess that's M.C. Escher's garage.
gently caress, the back seats of that car is front of the back door and that car in the back and the lifters :ughh:

quote:

Uh, I'm pretty sure Rall's art is "stylized," so it's automatically immune to all criticism. Sorry.

quote:

Look at the hood on that piss-yellow car. Behind the dude it seems to be fully twisted about 40 degrees before it attaches to the car

quote:

Didn't notice that, it has hinge in the corner of the hood or something. So horrible picture that I can't stop looking at it.

quote:

Is... is that car being lifted by 3 poles? ...don't answer that, this is a Rall, of COURSE it is.

quote:

Maybe a fourth one is directly behind another, completely obscured, because the geometry is so hyperfucked it could just as well be anywhere

It could be a loving tangent ray that curves toroidally around the universe and it would make only slightly less sense

WO-345 Scott Stantis, 6/26/2021

quote:

I mean, compared to the racist/homophobic/xenophobic/misogynistic competition it's going to have, this comic is just so bafflingly stupid on every level that I feel I had to nominate it.

WO-346 Tatsuya Ishida, 7/10/2021

quote:

"Okay here we go."

WO-347 Mike Lester, 7/31/2021

quote:

I didn't know we were literally setting the unvaccinated on fire. Maybe that'll increase the social pressure to get the jab.

quote:

I feel like there should be a Kellies category for "I fuckin' wish".

WO-348 Gary McCoy, 9/4/2021

quote:

Just bravo, bravo.

quote:

Literally the dumbest argument I've ever seen in this entire thread.
Also one of the most stark caricatures I've seen. Not against a specific kind of woman, even, but just against ""woman"". Against all women. It is a woman caricature.

quote:

I guess we know which Pixar short Gary saw recently.

WO-349 Tony Branco, 9/9/2021

quote:

The Beat Goes On The Left is outraged over the Texas Fetal Heartbeat law, but if babies in the womb could talk.

quote:

Those drat talking fetuses! Always sneaking tiny signs into the womb!

quote:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Also hey, fetus in a void, because once again right wing political cartoonists don't give a poo poo about women.

quote:

Presumably that baby is unwanted so I hope it loves Texas' adoption system, which I assume is extremely robust and humane???

WO-350 Loren Fishman, 9/11/2021

quote:

I can not get over how bad of a loving take this is.

Sorry Fishman, I can't hear that unifying spirit of shared humanity over the sound of exploded Afghan children. gently caress you.

quote:

The giant dent in the tower silhouette is really jarring somehow

quote:

WO-351 Michael Ramirez, 9/13/2021

quote:

Just gently caress off Ramirez. Even taken in its most generous reading, it’s a horribly executed cartoon. I hate it.

quote:

It's the same dumb setup for a bunch of other stupid right wing comics. Like there's a problem with increasing crime, and those clowns in congress's solution is to defund the police, the implication being that the correct solution is to jail/murder all the criminals. Or something like that. It's like Lester just instinctively used that format without even thinking about it.

But I'd also believe that Lester thinks that covid and the vaccines are completely detached from each other.

WO-352 Jeff Danziger, 9/15/2021

quote:

:what:

WO-353 Bob Gorrell, 9/23/2021

quote:

Sometimes Gorrell's incompetence and laziness mix into something astounding

WO-354 Michael Ramirez, 9/23/2021

quote:

WO-355 Michael Leunig, 9/27/2021

quote:

This cartoon didn't get published by The Age or Sydney Herald.

quote:

Abject artistic ineptitude deserves to be awarded.

quote:

If you can't visually evoke the tiananmen square tankman without also providing a photograph it's time to pack up the art supplies.

WO-356 Michael Ramirez, 10/10/2021

quote:

Jesus Christ :stonk:

quote:

This is some Uncle Ruckus level racial self loathing, godDAMN.

quote:

Looking forward to Ramirez' 4th of july cartoon where he will tackle all the evil poo poo that USA did.

quote:

This picture but its columbus cutting off native americans hands because he thought he was god

quote:

quote:

quote:

WO-357 Ted Rall, 10/11/2021

quote:

So here's the thing, because I've got quite a bit of rage and a keyboard, I've got thoughts to get out, and sorry but this is going to get uncomfortable, might want to keep scrolling:

Someone doesn't have a think one day and go ""man, I feel guilty, I'd better go eat a bullet"". They don't spend twenty minutes crying in the shower and that's that. They don't have a bad dream, wake up with a Sad, and then go end their existence. Unlike the World of Ted Rall, in which Ted looks at statistics and goes ""ah, it is only just, why don't more kids go kill themselves while I, Ted Rall, draw a cartoon about how much I don't care"", the real world contains people in excruciating pain who see no possible means of escape. Maybe they have no one they feel they can turn to. Maybe they're too ashamed to tell people. Maybe they have no access to medical treatment and therapy. Maybe they have all of those things, but they're in so much pain that they feel they don't deserve any of them. Maybe they run into a Ted Rall who is too busy sniffing his own farts and looking down from on high, who draws a cartoon like this and doesn't once think about what happens when one of the people in this situation looks at his lovely art and his shittier takes and sees nothing but confirmation of what their brain is already telling them, namely that they're entirely correct and the world is better off without them. I'm not just talking about military personnel with that last either; someone being that loving dismissive, even encouraging, of suicide is harmful to anyone in such a situation, because, again, unlike the World of Ted Rall and his Good Opinion Facts, in the real world wherein there are real people the traumatized and mentally ill don't sit about rationally contemplating the horrors going through their head.

Because suicide is horrifying. Everything surrounding suicide is horrifying. Suicide is the last stage of a disease that kills far, far, far more people than society ever admits. In fact, society usually encourages it. The disease is shameful; sufferers want to hide it away, not tell people, never tell people, because if you tell someone then they'll know, they'll treat you differently, they'll judge you, you'll cause them pain (and, your brain tells you, you are already causing them too much pain by existing). If you tell someone then you have to admit you have it, and if you admit you have it, that means you're crazy. That means you're weak. That means you're all the things you're already being told you are. That means you have to go and tell other people, you have to go talk to a stranger with a medical degree and tell them your deepest darkest thoughts, and you have to do that without sugarcoating it, without downplaying how you feel because it's probably not that bad, no one should worry about you, you're exaggerating and making a big deal and you're just not worth any of it. And it doesn't end when the disease kills a person, because everyone around them, everyone who cared, whether they tried to help or not, whether they knew or not, now all of those people are in horrible pain, and that pain might not ever end either.

Fun fact, did you know that ""suicide survivor"" can also refer to friends and family that were close to the victim? Ted Rall sure doesn't! Other things Ted Rall neither knows nor cares about : PTSD is not uncommon, years of therapy is even less uncommon, and it's a very real possibility that somewhere down the line a suicide survivor doesn't actually survive it. But wait, there's more! Suicide is shameful. If someone dies of cancer or a car crash, you can tell people they died of cancer or a car crash, and at no point is anyone going to tell you that your dead loved one was weak, or selfish, or a coward, at no point are they going to look at you and tell you that the person you're mourning is going to hell. Suicide? You want to hide it. Quietly tuck it away. You dread mentioning the person who died because someone is going to ask how. You're afraid to seek help, because people are going to judge you, and worse they're going to judge the person you lost.

Like, oh, I don't know, Ted ""needle shark fucker"" Rall, who is here to tell you that the balm for unending death, loss, and pain is even more unending death, loss, and pain, let's just (poorly) draw some sad people burying loved ones and going ""yes, I approve of other people going through this, more of that"", because I am absolutely one hundred percent certain that none of the dead loved ones they're burying went out the same way, and they're all as callous and stupid as a man who draws a drone firing a missile that's roughly the same size from bomb doors that it could never fit through and for gently caress's sake it took me three looks before I realized it wasn't the world's most poorly sketched bird dropping a gigantic poo poo why are you so loving bad at this, Ted.

I'm sure there are people out there as depicted in this Terrible Garbage Cartoon who feel this is the closest thing to justice they'll ever get, and I'm not going to judge them over it (wow am I not going to judge them over it) but those people are not this shithead, who never seems to have had a human emotion in his life because he's too busy being a smugness elemental who thinks coffins look like mint tins.

quote:

As someone with a long history of various mental illnesses, suicide attempts, and family suicide who was recently diagnosed with PTSD (Not the combat kind, I'm not on the top tier of "gently caress you, Ted" as them), thanks for posting this even though it was tough to read. People need to hear how this happens, and I could do 3 ted talks off the top of my head about my thoughts on the word "crazy".

quote:

I finally overcame all the guilt and shame I felt around my depression to be able to seek help. I can definitely attest to how damaging words like ""crazy"" can be, especially when they come from family. I think most people struggling just want someone to listen, and all to often people will respond dismissively, telling you that you are crazy, ""that's just life, get over it,"" ""stop being a victim,"" ""bootstrap yourself out"" etc. If it were that easy, you would have done it.
For anyone else struggling, your experience is absolutely valid, and its doesn't matter that you didn't fight in war, all trauma is real trauma. I was 30 years old when I realized PTSD isn't something only war vets get. PTSD doesn't haven't to be a single traumatic event either, it can be a reoccurrence of several smaller ones, which are often times harder to see. Its a real hell to try and deal with it alone, find someone to help you.
And to anyone who knows someone that is struggling, or even someone that is quick to angry outbursts. Remember that they are human, we all are. Try to see them as a wounded child, not a crazy adult. Try to connect with empathy and make them feel heard and validated. Encourage them to get professional help too, but not through shame.

quote:

I hope Ted Rall steps on all the Lego blocks ever. Barefoot. While suffering from incurable gout.

quote:

a child in the midwest has graduated high school. however, there are no entry-level jobs that only require a high school education. a military recruiter whispers some sweet words in that child's ear and offers to pay for their education and whisks that child away. the child is broken and beaten until they are obedient and loyal to the system that brought them here, and then they are given a gun and taught to kill. they witness and participate in unimaginable horrors over the course of years. and then one day they are allowed to come home, and they aren't the same child anymore. beaten and injured in mind and body, health care becomes a full-time job in itself. pharmaceutical corporations pump the child full of opioids until their bank account runs dry, and then they are left with nothing. used and abandoned and broken. a victim of not just the military but of the entire capitalist system that forced the child down this path.

gently caress you ted rall

quote:

Thanks for reminding me that some 15 years ago a veteran in my extended family killed himself in my garage... So, gently caress You Ted Rall.

WO-358 John Spooner, 10/26/2021

WO-359 Scott Stantis, 10/23/2021

quote:

quote:

So, to put this simply:

WO-360 Gary McCoy, 11/24/2021

quote:

What is this poo poo?

quote:

well you know how the marching orders are to insist that any criticism of rittenhouse is media libel?

mccoy probably just skimmed them and thought he was supposed to use his medium to libel the victims

quote:

Gotta do a calm Hitler cartoon in this style

""Gee maw they say this Adolf Hitler guy is bad and isn't a hero right, but hasn't he restored our national volkish spirit, cleaned up the parliament, defended our country from internal wreckers and parasites, protected private property from the Bolshevik threat, restored honor to the national military, made Germany respected on the world stage, united the German people into a single homeland, and given us a shining vision of the future for the next thousand years?""
""Why yes he has son, yes he has""
""Gosh golly gee maw, he sure sounds like a hero to me!""

quote:

Just a casual conversation between a mom and her son who casually mentions his rape by a man

quote:

“Like the guy who raped me.” God drat. He found something worse than having a black character say his talking points for him.

quote:

""like the guy who raped me"".

What the flying gently caress is going on in this cartoon's world, McCoy's head, and the brain of conservatives who are using this as a talking point?

WO-361 Tony Posnanski, 12/1/2021
https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1466105557861949441
WO-362 Chip Bok, 12/8/2021

quote:

hahah oh wow

WO-363 Pat Cross, 12/30/2021

quote:

Sigh, why do we always get these last-minute contenders?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 7, 2022

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Most Easily Reinterpreted: R-254 (I didn't even remember this one and LOL!)
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: TG-298
Most Willfully Dense: WD-317 (Sometimes I suspect Fishman is just a leftie pretending to be RW, and I hold up this one as evidence of that, though LOL Poe's Law)
Worst Overall: WO-334 (This is one of the most racist things I have ever seen.... Ramirez is very close second with both -340 and -356, though I nom'd those for other categories this year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Most Easily Reinterpreted
R-275

Worst Cartoon About A Tragedy
TG-302

Most Willfully Dense
WD-318

Worst Overall