Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

It’s bad, not in a fun way but more of a checking the run time can’t believe an hour to go way. Oddly Kumail Nanjiani is the best part as he had some funny bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

How are u posted:

Shang Chi was fun and engaging, in my experience.

I liked the first 2/3rds, not so much when everyone lined up to fight an onslaught of generic CGI monsters. I liked the bus fight and Wong against the Abomination.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Jelly posted:

I must be a sap because I thought Awkwafina was great, though I'm skeptical of how they're going to continue to make her relevant. If she'll just be a comedy sidekick, or actually have a more distinct purpose. One would assume the latter based on the importance they give her.

I think human sidekicks are often included in super-hero movies to ground it and give it more relevance for the viewer. That seemed especially true in Eternals.

She’s ok but much better in The Farewell, great movie and shows she’s a good actor and capable of more than the wacky sidekick.

Regarding eternals I’m guessing lots of internal Disney rage about first marvel film below 50% on RT and losing money so they’re probably not gonna follow up with anything. Like Solo setting up return of Darth Maul, uh never mind.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 18, 2022

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Galactus is never going to show up because there is never going to be a successful F4 movie because the F4 sucks except for Ben Grimm

Yeah 0/3 so far but could be ok with the right cast as a show instead of a movie. Dr. Doom could anchor a series especially if they cast him right, and be a great recurring threat over multiple shows.

Someone else mentioned Squirrel Girl, that’s gotta be in the works if they already have a modok show.