Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I get pissed off when I read about all this cool poo poo that everyone else is doing like sleeping past 7 in the morning and doing things they want to do when they want to do them. I'm a teacher and most of my time not spent raising my children poorly is spent planning lessons or doing work related stuff. Then I have to...ugh...spend time with my wife and family. So there's no time for me to just be alone and stare at the wall like I used to do. I'm curious to see what other goons do. My imagination tells me that everyone here is an engineer or a computer toucher but I know that's probably not the case at all. And well we all know that Jeffrey makes his millions by selling avatars so we don't need to go into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

sounds like you need a hobby. theres a hobby thread in gbs right now, maybe take a look in there for some inspiration

Hey I got a hobby for you buddy; read the op which clearly states that I have no free time.

GOT 'EM!

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you want to know what people do? aside from the same thing you do which is work and spend time with my family, i spend time on my hobbies. whcih i wrote a 3000 word post on in that thread so why don't you take a look

You think I got time to read that? I could be posting instead.

Hobbies suck tell me how you make money. Don't say crypto.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

ante posted:

I build poo poo

art or engineery bullshit or engineery bullshit that could conceivably be called art or enables different kinds of art

What do you do with the family OP
Teach your kids how to refinish furniture or spin pottery or sell poo poo on Etsy or mine coal or some poo poo. Turn them onto new hobbies that you also want to do

I play with hot wheels and pretend I'm a dinosaur/ghost/car/man (which i am but in this case I am a specific type of man, a daddy man)

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

i walk dogs and have a doggy daycare

That's cool as hell.

Also to that guy above do you have a cool handle like rubber duck

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

hell astro course posted:

you can find a lot of time if you retire from drinking

I quit drinking more than one beer at a time and I still have no time.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

I was a chef and never had time to live my life but now Im an urban planner. Its fast paced work because im not on the government side but i have a good work life balance so now I cook for friends and family, DJ badly, and lift weights.

lifting weights is cool and also good

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

ante posted:

have you considered just lifting your kids

I'm hearing a lot of complaining over there OP but all of these seem like solveable problems

What part of "I have a loving family and a fulfilling job" don't you get? Can't you see I'm rightfully miserable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

I'm the best teacher, an ESL teacher. And I get to drive between three different schools everyday, it rocks. The only downside is the planning because I have like 15 different classes which all need different lesson plans and most of them are five days a week so about 70 ish different lessons every week. But no extracurricular bullshit for me, no thank you; I co-led cub scouts one year and it was cool but that was when I was only at one school with far fewer students and didn't have kids of my own.

Also don't make jack in terms of money but the job is fun, kids are cool. Thank god my wife can support us.